Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hard Disc Comp source image - Reply to topic

Luxwiz

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Did anyone else encounter this problem with todays source image.When I downloaded it(right click,save as),it had a blue tonality (image 1).I had to take a screenshot of the web page to obtain the proper image (black tonality) of the source (image 2).Also when I used imageshack to upload the blue image (that I donwloaded...right click,save as)to this thread it came out it's original (black) colour again.I had to take a screenshot of the blue image in PS then save it.I then uploaded that saved blue image with imageshack to this thread.Any ideas as to why this would happen.It has never happened to me before with any other source image.Could it be the camara that was used or the process by which the original source image was uploaded to the site?

Image 1

Image 2

malnsk

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:29 pm   Reply with quote         

well i never save the images like that. i go copy image and i paste it in ps and then save it later on.

don't know why this happened to u.

try other images maybe there's a bug

malnsk

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:31 pm   Reply with quote         

ok i tried to save the image and it saves it with a blue tone.....have no clue what could be wrong

bigbuck

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Mine is blue too

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

The supplied image comes with an embedded color profile. It seems like the color profile was created for a Dell monitor. Typically these profiles should be assigned to the monitor in the OS display properties, not in the Photoshop color management settings.

Luxwiz

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
The supplied image comes with an embedded color profile. It seems like the color profile was created for a Dell monitor. Typically these profiles should be assigned to the monitor in the OS display properties, not in the Photoshop color management settings.

Mystery solved,converts like a charm.I'll know for next time...Thanks Vokaris,appreciate your help Very Happy.

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

You can set Photoshop to display an alert when opening images with a different embedded color space.

The default general purpose color setting has this turned off. When turned on, in case of a mismatch, you will be greeted by this dialog:

TJ

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I had the same deal, not really a problem but was confused on what was going on.
Thanks Lux for putting this thread up and thanks vokaris for the solution.
This is what makes us better.

Mir

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:37 am   Reply with quote         

TJ wrote:
I had the same deal, not really a problem but was confused on what was going on.
Thanks Lux for putting this thread up and thanks vokaris for the solution.
This is what makes us better.

As they say "You learn something new every day". Thanks Vokaris.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Hard Disc Comp source image - Reply to topic