Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - 2012 - doomday - Reply to topic

Pristiscourog

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 am   Reply with quote         

Hi

I've looked a trailer for the "2012". I was interested in this theme.
Please advise me a good site on this topic.
And what do you think about the end of the world 2012.

Thanks.

Tesore

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

+800 chops to go!

TheShaman

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

Its the year when all of the spammers die right?

YerPalAl

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

We could only wish, Sean. Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://whowillsurvive2012.com/

Designed2522

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Pristiscourog wrote:
Hi

I've looked a trailer for the "2012". I was interested in this theme.
Please advise me a good site on this topic.
And what do you think about the end of the world 2012.

Thanks.

first time I saw this movie being advertized was on TV on the history channel I was remember watching something about the pyramids and then this commerical came on about a volt that the government created and that you needed to register online to get you ticket in... my girlfriend looked at me with this look on her face like... did I just really see that... so of course i looked online just to see that it was a movie trailer... however the movie looks pretty cool graphics wise!!! we will see what the story holds!

dannyboyuk09

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Apparently we are looking for crystal skulls ( I know I know its not an Indiana jones thing). I watched a programme on Discovery about 12 crystal skulls and if they are not all found and united by December 12th 2012 the world will end.

Now here is the nerdy bit lol. I watched another Discovery channel programme about "the three kings" jesus and all that and the monk who wrote the first calendar BC to AD the guy was wrong in his calculations and he was off by 5 years and due to this, although we are in 2009, it is actually 2014 NOW. And they have proven that Jesus was not born in December and that Christmas should be celebrated around late spring/ summer!

If the world were to end in 2012 it would have happened 2 years ago.

It all depends on what you believe in I suppose.

Razz
Now that was a load of useless information... but it was FREE so don't complain lol!!

PS: ...all spammers will be dead on 12-12-12 as planned! Laughing

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

http://www.viewzone.com/endtime.html

yes. yes. we're all gonna die. Rolling Eyes

So you know what I'm planning to do?
Just as soon as they start advertising buy this thing now and make no payments until Jan 2013...
I'm getting me a new couch, a HUGE flat screen TV and whatever else I can get my hands on..

at least I'll go out in style Cool

glennhanna

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Just a bunch of people making a buck selling end of the world books, since they've run out of their fortune from the Y2K scare. The myan calendar finishes in 2012, who cares, they figured they had a calendar that would last long enough for them. Earth is supposedly going to cross the edge of the disc of the milky way galaxy, again, not going to do anything. Some people claim that a big comet is going to swoop into our solar system and either crash into earth in 2012 or brush right by it. This comet does not exist.

The one interesting thing is that the sun's polar coordinates should flip in 2012. It does this frequently, usually no big deal, it just kicks out some extra solar flares. One actually hit us in the 80's, causing brown outs. But in 2012, the planet is supposed to be in alignment with a couple other big planets. A big enough solar flare could gravitate through us, wiping out some life, even causing earth's polar coordinates to switch. If our poles switch, I theorize it would cause earth quakes and extra volcanic activity. Who knows for sure? I don't expect the worse, just interesting timing in a few galactic events around the same time.

annajon

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Nah,.... it can't be right about the end of the world, because I am going to be 125 years old and that will be in the 2080's, so.... plus, I have written a manuscript that plays in 2045 till 2075 where the world almost ends, ... but does not.... so, they got it wrong. Scaremongers

annajon

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:38 pm   Reply with quote         

and 2012 is the

START of the NEW MAYAN CALENDAR at day 1. The actual day ONE....

Because in 2012 the entire Mayan calendar sycle, of 12 x 12 x 12 x etc.... comes to an end, and then they start all over again at day one of month one in year one of the new cycle....

See... all other stories are horseradish

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - 2012 - doomday - Reply to topic