Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2010 - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

arcaico

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:49 pm   Reply with quote         

i was about to sign in for the tournament, but since the organizers suffer from short-term memory and couldnŽt remember they promissed to fix this year the rule that says the source for the next round is released on monday (Each round will last 5 days and will start on a Monday @ 8:00AM, when the source is released to all contestants.), instead of releasing the source right after the results, giving us the weekend for chopping, a matter that was EXTENSIVELY discussed last year, IŽll rather ignore the tournament. Maybe next year theyŽll remember to fix that and IŽll be part of it again. Good luck to those whoŽll make it.

Cheers.
arc

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

More brazilian spam from arc....

arcaico wrote:
i was about to sign in for the tournament, but since the organizers suffer from short-term memory and couldnŽt remember they promissed to fix this year the rule that says the source for the next round is released on monday (Each round will last 5 days and will start on a Monday @ 8:00AM, when the source is released to all contestants.), instead of releasing the source right after the results, giving us the weekend for chopping, a matter that was EXTENSIVELY discussed last year, IŽll rather ignore the tournament. Maybe next year theyŽll remember to fix that and IŽll be part of it again. Good luck to those whoŽll make it.

Cheers.
arc

MonkeeDrummer

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with Arc, I want weekends...

nat_g31

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

Cheers.
arc

Good point Arc, I actually asked this question a while back in this thread on page 4 but no one felt it was important enough to respond to. Confused

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
the burning couch

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd love to enter this year (for the first time Rolling Eyes) but without weekends for chop'n time......nada.....there's just no way. Confused

*!*

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:15 pm   Reply with quote         

nat_g31 wrote:
Does anyone know if we are going to change it so we have more days to chop??? It was discussed and voted on after the last H2H. . .

I don't think that was an official questionnaire we wasted our time filling out. I guess it was like one of those Facebook polls you fill from boredom, but nobody ever reads your answers.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

Cheers.
arc

Excellent point! It's a travesty not to allow working ppl to have a weekend to chop for this comp.

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

i dont want to complain cause i will enter either way but, weekends would be grrrrrrreat Very Happy

glennhanna

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
I'd love to enter this year (for the first time Rolling Eyes) but without weekends for chop'n time......nada.....there's just no way. Confused

*!*

Well, I get up at 3:30am, get ready for work. Come home around 3:00 PM. Do my P90X workout. And if it's going to be a Monday or Tuesday, I have to then get ready to play softball or go watch my kids while my wife plays softball. So then I get home between 9:00PM and 11:00PM, make me some food, and by midnight I'm ready to start chopping my H2H entry.... which means not going to bed at all. And if I don't finish on the first night, which is usually the case, I won't get any sleep for 3 days. I find that drugs help, but the crash is pretty harsh. Having the source open up on the weekend would sure as hell be helpful to me. Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and lose my job in order to free up some time to chop, to better compete with the people who don't have jobs.

nat_g31

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:54 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
nat_g31 wrote:
Does anyone know if we are going to change it so we have more days to chop??? It was discussed and voted on after the last H2H. . .

I don't think that was an official questionnaire we wasted our time filling out. I guess it was like one of those Facebook polls you fill from boredom, but nobody ever reads your answers.

It wasn't the poll but rather the thread created last year about what we could do to make the h2h a bit better. I think the time constraints factor in hasty chops and no shows. Either way I hope to be in the h2h but a little extra time for those of us with jobs and families would be phenomenal.

Anyway, I hope Arc enters because it wouldn't be the same without his punk ass! Laughing

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Cartoon Contractor

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:

*!*

That's why I don't enter! Virtually impossible for me to compete without being able to chop on the weekend! Sad

MonkeeDrummer

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Why, I do believe we have come to a consensus. Laughing

bigbuck

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:53 am   Reply with quote         

Yup, I was keen this year, but without weekends I won't be signing up either.
In its current format, it excludes working people with families.
Anyway, good luck to the single/unemployed in this year's comp.

Tesore

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:25 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Each round will last 5 days and will start on a Monday @ 8:00AM, when the source is released to all contestants. The deadline for uploading your submission is Wednesday @ 8:00AM. Voting will then take place until Friday @ 8:00AM (all times are EST)

I didn't pay attention, but can't do this in the middle of the week.
The time difference is already sh*tty enough
Please remove my name from the list!
Thanks.

If nobody sign up, problem will be solved???

bogonet

Post Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:44 am   Reply with quote         

I have signed up, but on a second read and after a pretty white night with my little one, I realized tIme allowed to prepare the entry is kinda limited, and I guess some extra time (weekend) would be a real benefit to the quality of chops, and this is what we all want- the finest collection of entries, especially it is once a year. I, personally, do not like speed chops, not that I'm the slowest in the world, but sometimes it happend to make 2-3 different images for a contest and abandon them at 80% completion just because I have another idea which I consider it better, and then, start all over again, and I hate (when it happens) to leave images unpolished (at least at my level), because I'm running out of time and no shows are not an option.
IF is possible to change anything in the rules until the beginning I guess number of participants will double and will be a great event.

bogo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - H2H 2010 - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.