Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Cat help - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey My cat here at work just got into a swamp fan knocked out and drowned . He wasn't breathing but i did cpr and he is breathing normally again but is unresponsive . Anyone know what i can do for him ? I called the vet they said there was nothing they could do right now but if he makes it threw the night they could give antibiotics

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Wish him luck if you will he is my buddy ...

nat_g31

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I wish your pussy much luck Jake. . .

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Tesore

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:44 pm   Reply with quote         

There is nothing much you can do right now imo. People go to the hospital and get oxygen.
But cats have 7 lives... Wink
Wish you and the cat all the best!

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks Nat

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I think the real question on everyone's mind is...

you did CPR on a cat?

seelcraft

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Jake420 wrote:
Hey My cat here at work just got into a swamp fan knocked out and drowned . He wasn't breathing but i did cpr and he is breathing normally again but is unresponsive . Anyone know what i can do for him ? I called the vet they said there was nothing they could do right now but if he makes it threw the night they could give antibiotics

How long was he out? If you shine a light in his eye does the pupil contract?

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Ya Iv never done CPR but I had to try something the strange thing was it worked to get him breathing again I just hope it wasn't all in vane I do love the little guy . I would do it all again . Sorry to put this thread here i just didn't know what else to do . Thanks again .

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I haven't tried that he was out maybe a min at the most he shook his head one good time after he came back and iv seen him flick his ears when a fly landed on him to shake the fly away and he will squint his eye from time to time but that's all

seelcraft

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Jake420 wrote:
I haven't tried that he was out maybe a min at the most he shook his head one good time after he came back and iv seen him flick his ears when a fly landed on him to shake the fly away and he will squint his eye from time to time but that's all

Sounds to me like he's going to shake it off! Cats are tough. Good luck!

Doug

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks so much Doug I hope so . I will let you guys know if he makes it threw the night .
It was a huge fan that has water running in it he when in to get a drink I heard a loud bang and clunk and the fan stopped I ran turned off the fan and then it donned on me i looked inside and seen his little feet was the only thing out of the water . I puled him out and he was lifeless not breathing.. he has a good mark on his nose where the fan struck and busted his nose and his eye is swelling up a few marks here and there none look to serious but he wont move. he is breathing okay now tho i guess all i can do is check on him every now and then and hope for the best ..

cafn8d

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm sending you feline feelin' fine wishes! I'm surprised your vet didn't want to give any first aid or assessment right away. Best of luck! Hug

glennhanna

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Gently lift the upper lip of your cat to examine the gums... are they pink? that is good... if they are pale or white... your cat is probably in shock, indicating a serious injury, and needs to see the vet ASAP. Hopefully your cat doesn't have a broken neck, but be very careful if there is a need to move him.

http://animals.howstuffworks.com/pets/how-to-treat-a-cat-in-shock.htm

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks cafn8d and thank you glennhanna great read there I dont think he has a broken neck, He shook his head soon after he was revived but has not moved since. he feels warm to the touch and seems to have a steady breathing pattern going . His one ear is twitching a bit now and he still has a blank stare and hasn't moved . I am sure he is in shock and i will continue to read and study . I checked his gums soon after it happened the vet told me to check if they were blue but they were light pink and white in some spots . I will check again later but will let him be for a while as i dont have an emergency vet and can only wait till the morning . I would go somewhere with him but I am poor .

Designed2522

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:13 pm   Reply with quote         

wow, jake im truely sorry bro, i wish you the best of luck. I had one of my cats pass away right in front of me and it was a very sad moment. I still have his brother and he is the absolute man. hes getting older now and it devistate me to think about when he will pass.

good luck my friend!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Cat help - Reply to topic