Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - PSC World Cup 2010 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

well nothing wrong with drawing your first game Laughing Wink

rose-wood71

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:
The first round of results is now in:

Click here to see how you went!

I dont see any results at that link Dechene Rolling Eyes Sad

glennhanna

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Australia beat Germany? What kind of warped reality is this? That would never happen.

marcoballistic

Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:12 pm   Reply with quote         

can ya smell the sarcasm spread on that Laughing

Dechene

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:

I dont see any results at that link Dechene Rolling Eyes Sad

My bad, I left out the actual match results. Fix it up later, for the meantime:

South Africa 21 v 10 Mexico
Uruguay 0 v 0 France
South Korea 2 v 0 Greece
Argentina 31 v 25 Nigeria
England 33 v 4 USA
Algeria 4 v 37 Slovenia
Serbia 8 v 28 Ghana
Germany 10 v 22 Australia

Dechene

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

Well the first round has ended with only 4 no-shows! Man am I impressed by that figure!
Thanks a lot guys for playing along, I'm having fun checking out everyone's take on the soccer theme, hope you are too.

There were a couple of close matches in this first round, and one or two whitewashes as well. Smile

Congratulations to Trann's Slovenians for not only winning their matchup but also the whole comp! What a mother of a source that was to deal with, apologies to everyone who had to use it, next time I'll choose better days to play!

There were no ties this round, but the hard luck story goes to Ammorio's Brazilians, they finished just a single vote behind Oscar's North Koreans at the final whistle.

Nat_g31's Nigerians were very unlucky as well, they pulled in 25 votes which would have beaten almost anyone else except for Mastermason's Argentinian boys, who grabbed 31 votes and took 3 points off of them.

Good luck to all the teams, everybody is still in with a chance to make the finals so keep on chopping & good luck!

Cheers, Dechene

Click here to see the full results!

marcoballistic

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

whoop Smile

Trann

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Procyon, , can we get the 22 June source released on the 17th? Groups ABC will be finishing then and I'd like an early start as I don't home-chop.

Micose

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

17th june sucks for any chop about world cup , 22th s one is better
Micose

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:
Well the first round has ended with only 4 no-shows! Man am I impressed by that figure!
Thanks a lot guys for playing along, I'm having fun checking out everyone's take on the soccer theme, hope you are too.

There were a couple of close matches in this first round, and one or two whitewashes as well. Smile

Congratulations to Trann's Slovenians for not only winning their matchup but also the whole comp! What a mother of a source that was to deal with, apologies to everyone who had to use it, next time I'll choose better days to play!

There were no ties this round, but the hard luck story goes to Ammorio's Brazilians, they finished just a single vote behind Oscar's North Koreans at the final whistle.

Nat_g31's Nigerians were very unlucky as well, they pulled in 25 votes which would have beaten almost anyone else except for Mastermason's Argentinian boys, who grabbed 31 votes and took 3 points off of them.

Good luck to all the teams, everybody is still in with a chance to make the finals so keep on chopping & good luck!

Cheers, Dechene

Click here to see the full results!

Cameroon won
marcoballistic

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah Deche, see if you can get these knockout source released a good 4 or 5 days early if possible Smile

Trann

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Dechene wrote:
Congratulations to Trann's Slovenians for not only winning their matchup but also the whole comp!

Thank you, and also to everyone who voted. I was quite surprised at how well received my chop was. The source was definitely a challenge to find inspiration for and yet the win was also my "cherry popper". Very unexpected.

I think the third match for Groups ABC ("Root Mass") may be just as challenging, too.

It's time to implement my secret plan to crush England...

marcoballistic

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Twisted Evil bring it on

glennhanna

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:14 am   Reply with quote         

"At the end of the Group stage, the 2 teams with the most points in each Group go through to the Knock-out round.
If Countries are tied on points, then the team with the highest Avg Vote Score will go through.
Except if countries A & B are tied on points, but B has had 2 no-shows, country A will go through."

So what if I have 6 points in 2 rounds and skip the third round? There could be 3 teams in my group that end up with 6 points. Assuming the other 2 teams submitted in all 3 rounds, I would be out? even if my average vote score (factoring in a zero vote score for the third round) could hypothetically average out to be in the top 2 of the group?

For extreme example:
Larry - 6pts - 2 entries (80+70+0) - AVG score 50
Curly - 6pts -3 entries (25+25+10) - AVG score 20
Moe - 6pts -3 entries (10+30+2) - AVG score 14

Larry has the highest average score, but since he only did 2 rounds, Curly and Moe get to go on. Is this correct?

Dechene

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:23 am   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
"At the end of the Group stage, the 2 teams with the most points in each Group go through to the Knock-out round.
If Countries are tied on points, then the team with the highest Avg Vote Score will go through.
Except if countries A & B are tied on points, but B has had 2 no-shows, country A will go through."

So what if I have 6 points in 2 rounds and skip the third round? There could be 3 teams in my group that end up with 6 points. Assuming the other 2 teams submitted in all 3 rounds, I would be out? even if my average vote score (factoring in a zero vote score for the third round) could hypothetically average out to be in the top 2 of the group?

For extreme example:
Larry - 6pts - 2 entries (80+70+0) - AVG score 50
Curly - 6pts -3 entries (25+25+10) - AVG score 20
Moe - 6pts -3 entries (10+30+2) - AVG score 14

Larry has the highest average score, but since he only did 2 rounds, Curly and Moe get to go on. Is this correct?

Lol, if Larry can score 80 votes in a regular daily comp, he's good enough to go straight through to the final!

But no, in your scenario Larry & Curly will go through while Moe will miss out. The rule only comes into effect if Larry has had 2 no-shows (which means they only entered 1 chop for the group stage).
One no-show is acceptable because it's simply difficult for everyone to find the time to chop 3 in a week, I had to make it a little easier.

And also, Procyon has said that it is fine to release the sources for the finals as well to all non-advantage players, I will either link to them here or send pm's to all non-advantage players soon as I can.

cheers

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - PSC World Cup 2010 - Reply to topic