Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - To Attempt World Record Swim At 61 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 am   Reply with quote         

she would have been about 50 miles away, since the swim was to take @ 60 hours

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

I just got off the phone with my friend Steven, he said Diana was having Asthma attacks, which was rare for her, that in combination with the vomiting was just too much, she was the one that made the decision to end it, he said they never saw any sharks, but just before it ended at @ 12:45 AM, the boat was surrounded with small dolphins.

kinetic_be

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
I just got off the phone with my friend Steven, he said Diana was having Asthma attacks, which was rare for her, that in combination with the vomiting was just too much, she was the one that made the decision to end it, he said they never saw any sharks, but just before it ended at @ 12:45 AM, the boat was surrounded with small dolphins.

I guess age has to do with it for some part.
No matter how good your shape is, you can't do the same things anymore as if you were 25.
I'm really impressed by the distance and the time she did so far. I won't even make 1 mile on open sea, not even with a lifebuoy around my neck Laughing
And swimming in open sea full of sharks (detector or not), she got balls of steel!

annajon

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Never mind not completing the challenge, my goodness, you Americans are crazy. Here we have the English Channel Crossing, which is 32 K. wide, between Dover and Calais (France). People train years and usually do between 9 and 11 hours (the good ones). We even had celebs training and swimming the channel for good causes. But still, that is 32 K. and they say that is a lot, here. So - my hat off that she got that far.

izzy999

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Very impressive either way. I could never dream of doing such a thing

glennhanna

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Asthma attacks aren't normal for her? She was supposed to swim for over 60 hours straight. I'm sure that asthma was just exhaustion. I don't even think I can WALK 20 hours straight or even swim 30 minutes. And I'm 31. Vomiting? I don't care if she finished or not, she's a warrior!

annajon

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
Asthma attacks aren't normal for her? She was supposed to swim for over 60 hours straight. I'm sure that asthma was just exhaustion. I don't even think I can WALK 20 hours straight or even swim 30 minutes. And I'm 31. Vomiting? I don't care if she finished or not, she's a warrior!

I second that.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:55 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:
I don't care if she finished or not, she's a warrior!

She put a lot of training and a lot of $ into this, (a few hundred thousand dollars), and she inspired a lot of older people to get out and live, she really is a warrior. Wink

Tesore

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:45 pm   Reply with quote         

glennhanna wrote:

Amen!

Synthvet

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Pictures are just coming from Cuba, here she is entering the ocean yesterday

You can see my friends David and Steven standing in the center of the boat, that pole sticking out is the electrical field in the water that deters sharks.

They are reporting that her shoulder is starting to hurt, but she said the only thing that will stop her is unconsciousness.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing I thought the exact same thing

annajon

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:47 am   Reply with quote         

If people are sensitive to electrical fields, would that electrical field in the water not raise the chances of vomiting? Just wondering, cause I always get very queezy under the electric wires in the fields.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

We're talking about a very low voltage, sharks are very sensitive, much more than humans, she stated that 11 hours of asthma wiped her out.

One thing about south Florida, we have the most assholes on the planet, read some of the comments left from this story.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/health/seniors/sns-rt-us-cuba-usa-swimmertre7780zl-20110809,0,7625066.story

annajon

Post Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
We're talking about a very low voltage, sharks are very sensitive, much more than humans, she stated that 11 hours of asthma wiped her out.

One thing about south Florida, we have the most assholes on the planet, read some of the comments left from this story.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/health/seniors/sns-rt-us-cuba-usa-swimmertre7780zl-20110809,0,7625066.story

Wow............... USA finest talking there for sure Paul. Too bad that "paper" can't find stories like this very day, so these jobs can learn there is more to life then being scared of something you heard about on TV when you were little.

(or am I now too harsh? Wink )

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - To Attempt World Record Swim At 61 - Reply to topic