Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - gifs help - Reply to topic

ShellyAnne2206

Post Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi Everyone, i've just watched a few tutorials on making gifs, and would like to practise some more could anyone advise me on where i can find suitable stock?
I was hoping for some burst shots of anything really, trees, plants, animals... Anything i can use for practise or anything you think would be worth me trying

Thankyou in advance xx

Martrex

Post Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:23 am   Reply with quote         

Try using a stock daily image from here and then do animation in front of it, with it serving as background only to start. there are important limits on k size and image physical size to become aware of, for entries here. I've only done the frame by frame(cell system in PS)
And you need to use the full PS plus, version or elements plus to have the animation option.

It can be fun, though! Very Happy

ShellyAnne2206

Post Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:08 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
Try using a stock daily image from here and then do animation in front of it, with it serving as background only to start. there are important limits on k size and image physical size to become aware of, for entries here. I've only done the frame by frame(cell system in PS)
And you need to use the full PS plus, version or elements plus to have the animation option.

It can be fun, though! Very Happy

Thankyou for your advise... I just uploaded my first attempt.. It won't let me post a link something about posting 5 times? Shocked

But i uploaded it to the 'Teddy on Blanket' competition.. Smile

X

Martrex

Post Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

If you didn't know it look through portfolios of members and see some animations from past contest usually or used to say gif with title
Also read tutorial from here about animation from Tawis, and others!
Of course membership gives bigger size and more K to work with.
Very Happy

vicspa

Post Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I've never done gifs before joining this site, they are fun to do, I would also suggest you look at what others have done, perhaps dowload same image and try to duplicate same gif and even make it better.
Practice, practice, practice. I think anyone here would be willing to help, just PM them.

papavales

Post Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:15 am   Reply with quote         

it would be cool if there is a gif contest per week with less file size limitations

Post Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:33 am   Reply with quote         

Hi ShellyAnne2206,try what Vic said with this one ...I did this in CS 2 Image Ready using the color gradient tool,moving the colors a bit up the frog every frame over 6 frames at 0.1 sec/frame...maybe try something simple like changing the colors or their order.This gif effect also looks cool on a sports car to simulate changing iridescent paint.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - gifs help - Reply to topic