Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Is PSC willing to accept AI images - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Yes, one PSC member has proven to be "a bit of an ass" but regardless here's the poll

YES, I'd kill to grab a WIN using a really cool image created by a computer!

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

I'd consider this as long as it's included as an external source by the author.

48%

48%

[ 12 ]

Hell NO! Go crawl back into your hole, troublemaker! harrumph

52%

52%

[ 13 ]

Total Votes: 25

genesis2

Post Fri Jul 21, 2023 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

SplatShot wrote:

I Concur, ... and a poll with only 18 votes can hardly be taken too seriously.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

genesis2 wrote:

Take a look around. There's maybe only 20 ppl on this site now. And the 2 who didn't vote prolly wanted to vote for the 1st option
Rolling Eyes

Post Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:31 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
genesis2 wrote:

Take a look around. There's maybe only 20 ppl on this site now. And the 2 who didn't vote prolly wanted to vote for the 1st option
Rolling Eyes

With about 12 regular contributors, and the rest occasional.

genesis2

Post Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:33 am   Reply with quote         

But I hope the site stays alive, it is the last of it’s kind.

genesis2

Post Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:35 am   Reply with quote         

Now let’s all STFUAC

Post Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         

SplatShot wrote:
Welcome Back, Mason! You create super images! Let's talk Website Spirit. What's it been, 14 yrs. since your last entry? If voters and contest participants are any indication of "Site Spirit", this your last contest (2009) https://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/2795/three-mysterious-dots.html garnered 54 entries, 899 voters and 61 comments. Today's (2023) and a typical contest of these days, https://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1004857/pc-innards.html took in 5 entries, 19 votes, 5 comments. At this rate of decline In your estimation how much longer will the PSC "Spirit" remain more than a vapor of the past?
Mason... Old Yeller's time is at hand. PS's "Generative Fill" (AI) has the potential to evolutionally transform PSC into an alive productive energy, or it could indeed be PSC's final coffin nail. Do nothing and well... I'm certain PSC will suffer the same fate as Old Yeller. So in closing I urge everyone to by any means post images, vote, comment, be active in the forum, use the chat, and submit source material. It's time for action, not excuses! Please Chop, and vote for an image's merit and personal appeal.
"Generative Fill" is incorporated into Adobe's Photoshop. It's here guys! What am I supposed to do, stand on principle and not submit to (AI) even though it sits upon my desktop? Shoot... guess I'll stop obeying those pesky traffic lights as well. How dare they tell me when to Stop! *sarcasm*
By the way, I voted "Hell No" on this threads poll but have since change my mind. And I for one am not afraid of being fooled by AI. Not here, not on this playground. Basketball

Thanks, I'm sure kid me of the past would be thrilled at the compliment for those old chops. To answer your question, I'm always surprised that the site is still going at all despite everything. I commend your spirited optimism in regards to the second coming of PSC. I felt the same way once. If life permitted me the spare time and energy to get back into casual competitive chopping I probably would.
Not really sure if the rest of your post was directed at me or was just being said in general, but let me reiterate what I said previously that I love AI tools and they are certainly going to have a permanent place in the digital artist's toolbox going forward.

Post Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Thanks, I'm sure kid me of the past would be thrilled at the compliment for those old chops. To answer your question, I'm always surprised that the site is still going at all despite everything. I commend your spirited optimism in regards to the second coming of PSC. I felt the same way once. If life permitted me the spare time and energy to get back into casual competitive chopping I probably would.
Not really sure if the rest of your post was directed at me or was just being said in general, but let me reiterate what I said previously that I love AI tools and they are certainly going to have a permanent place in the digital artist's toolbox going forward.

Mason, I'm not quite sure of your logic or the overall point you're trying to make. But you do seem to be enjoying the site (tracking and posting in the forum). Would you consider purchasing a membership as a sign of appreciation? Here's a link https://photoshopcontest.com/advantage/index.html

Thanks for the commendation and have a wonderful day! sunny
Sincerely, SS

SplatShot

Post Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

In The Meantime... I have An Idea!

Post Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:36 pm   Reply with quote         

SplatShot wrote:
I'm not quite sure of your logic or the overall point you're trying to make.

Ditto. Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
SplatShot wrote:

Ditto. Rolling Eyes

It's really not that difficult to understand, Mason. If the site is funded it can survive. So think about it and try the link below again. "But you do seem to be enjoying the site (tracking and posting in the forum). Would you consider purchasing a membership as a sign of appreciation? Here's a link https://photoshopcontest.com/advantage/index.html"

Post Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:10 pm   Reply with quote         

SplatShot wrote:
mason4300 wrote:
SplatShot wrote:

Ditto. Rolling Eyes

It's really not that difficult to understand, Mason. If the site is funded it can survive. So think about it and try the link below again. "But you do seem to be enjoying the site (tracking and posting in the forum). Would you consider purchasing a membership as a sign of appreciation? Here's a link https://photoshopcontest.com/advantage/index.html"

The more you go on with the faux-friendly, condescending attitude as you keep harassing me about buying a membership in a thread that is about AI-generated art, the more likely I never, ever will. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

Post Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:24 am   Reply with quote         

Good to see you part of the mix, Mason!

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:07 am   Reply with quote         

SplatShot

Post Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:58 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:

Captain Ted, Is the moral of your post one of survival or demise? salut

Post Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

SplatShot wrote:
Good to see you part of the mix, Mason!

Yes, now for the love of all that is holy please STFUAC

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Is PSC willing to accept AI images - Reply to topic