Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Squirrels - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:48 pm   Reply with quote         

I am not doing too well with messing around with this squirrel source BUT I have this funny photo of this squirrel I took over a year ago. Not a fond squirrel lover by any means
You have to scroll down to see this crazy squirrel in one of my feeders.
http://my.gardenguides.com/forums/topic/12278

And yes this was my bird blog and I just got that camera and some of the photos are bad I will be the first to admit but it was more at the time about documenting the wildlife and birds in the backyard than about beautiful photography.

If you don't enjoy birds and various wildlife that are in the Southern USA then don't go near that blog some of it is funny like the time the squirrel got a blow-pop sucker.. and I still feed my birds just don't have as much time to document all the strange things that were going on back there. Very Happy

Wiz

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:07 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
I am not doing too well with messing around with this squirrel source BUT I have this funny photo of this squirrel I took over a year ago. Not a fond squirrel lover by any means

And yes this was my bird blog and I just got that camera and some of the photos are bad I will be the first to admit but it was more at the time about documenting the wildlife and birds in the backyard than about beautiful photography.

If you don't enjoy birds and various wildlife that are in the Southern USA then don't go near that blog some of it is funny like the time the squirrel got a blow-pop sucker.. and I still feed my birds just don't have as much time to document all the strange things that were going on back there. Very Happy

We don't get squirrels, only Possums and feral cats, but this is my bird feed area at the bottom of our garden. Next best thing to switching off the TV for fun and games these guys play!

They're our constant friends, sometimes up to a 100 or so come in for a feed, and only take about an hour to demolish a whole bag of Sunflower seeds... Hungry little buggers when it's Spring time! Wink I wonder why! LOL!

Wiz

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:25 am   Reply with quote         

oh my! IF I had those birds in my backyard I would have thought I was in bird heaven. They are beautiful. Looks like some kind of parrot.
They love to eat in the spring because as you probably know the bugs aren't out thick yet and most of the wild seed has been picked clean, so they are hungry. Also this is probably their mating/breeding nesting season so they are busy and if they find a meal that's close and fast like you provide then they are making it till the heavy bug season. At least that is what goes on here in North America in the Spring. Now I just get the locals and the migrators that stop in for snacks. My hummers just left about a month back for Mexico.

Anytime you want to pm me with your email and then send me bird pics, I would be happy!

I read about the possum that destroyed an art museum somewhere in Australia.

abraham

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:35 am   Reply with quote         

What a nice beautiful fresh places you two have. I love nature and I appreciate photos like that. I miss those days I go fishing and bird watching.

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:39 am   Reply with quote         

Is there no way for you to escape the city Abe? I would go crazy in a big city like NY where there is so little greenery and yards.

abraham

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:44 am   Reply with quote         

I actually hate busy cities but it's where the big money is. Laughing Maybe I can put bird feeder in my veranda but birds will never come, seeds will just grow in time if it will be soaked by the rain water. Laughing

bigbuck

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:45 am   Reply with quote         

They are 'Rainbow Lorikeets' manic. I have lots in my backyard too (along with many other varieties). We hang seeds blocks in the trees down the back...they also come in their hundreds when various trees are in bloom!

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:50 am   Reply with quote         

i am jealous that you have such exotic birds, the most colorful birds here are Bluejays and Cardinals occ the house finches and the Goldfinches

abraham

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:04 am   Reply with quote         

Those exotic birds are very expensive for a pet and you have those in your backyard in hundreds for free, really envious Very Happy

pollyO

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:22 am   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
manic_d wrote:

We don't get squirrels, only Possums and feral cats, but this is my bird feed area at the bottom of our garden. Next best thing to switching off the TV for fun and games these guys play!

They're our constant friends, sometimes up to a 100 or so come in for a feed, and only take about an hour to demolish a whole bag of Sunflower seeds... Hungry little buggers when it's Spring time! Wink I wonder why! LOL!

Wiz

Wow!!! The Lorikeets are just beautiful!!!! Smile

dewdew

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:51 am   Reply with quote         

man all you people and your lovely animals.....it's like wild kindom.....sorta.....kinda.. Cool

I went to the backyard to see what kinda animals, and critters were out.....this is all i saw......i think the others are a little intimidated by him. Laughing

pollyO

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:15 am   Reply with quote         

ROTFLMFAO!!!! Laughing

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:43 am   Reply with quote         

ha dew the only manly squirrel in miles and he's in your backyard. ( i know I've seen that guy before) Raising Brow

Martrex

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
man all you people and your lovely animals.....it's like wild kindom.....sorta.....kinda.. Cool

I went to the backyard to see what kinda animals, and critters were out.....this is all i saw......i think the others are a little intimidated by him. Laughing

I think I've seen his body parts hanging from under a pickup truck or two! Laughing Laughing

annajon

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Hahahaha, you crazy people, that squirl is just having his nuts hidden in his pockets, in stead of his cheecks Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Squirrels - Reply to topic