Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Ideas for small changes - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:42 am   Reply with quote         

ATH, I did not know abou that css attribute. I will give it a shot.

marco, The time on the forum index (at the bottom) is correct. I think it may have something to do with daylight savings time.

Cynn

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, I know some of our members contribute source photos for the daily contests. It'd be kind of neat to know where they came from. (I'd love to know whose faces are reflected in the Christmas ornament, for example.) Would it be feasible to have a sentence about the source image, in each daily contest? Something like "photographer's notes" ?

MoLinKo

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I think a monthly contest would be cool, where everyone gets a month to photoshop an image. I think it would be cool to see the entries that everyone submits with that much time to work on it. Smile

Showcase

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:43 pm   Reply with quote         

MoLinko, I love this idea...like the reunion contest with the linksys router. Spread the news and get a bunch of non-regular posters to join in.

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, I think this would be a good idea too - although again, maybe every month would be too much for many of the older members who, for various reasons, are not frequent posters/visitors here.

Maybe it could be every 3 months - a sort of seasonal thing: Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn Reunions? With 1 month given to prepare, like Molinko suggests. (Obviously not everyone would be able or want to join every reunion contest, but with several in a year it wouldn't be too long for them to wait or for the site to be without them.)

Another possible idea - why not make one specific day or date of every month a special type of contest? Perhaps, like Molinko suggested first, a day where everyone is given the source image in advance? Or where there's a particular theme to follow? (Ok, don't want to make things TOO much like *ahem* W1K here... just throwing some ideas around...)

Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:04 pm   Reply with quote         

yes, I agreed to do a quarterly reunion after the last one but simply didn't follow through. I will attempt to schedule one while i am planning the fall tourney. Thanks for the reminder fellas.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:28 am   Reply with quote         

this is sounding cooler and cooler people, soon we shall inherit the earth and wage war on...... nope wait, forgot my meds again dang it

cafn8d

Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi, all,

I also have a small suggestion. Could the entries in a person's portfolio be dated with each contest's start and/or end date? I'd especially like it if that date were linked to that contest's featured pic page instead of having to open the thumbnail first. Simply, when browsing, especially closed contests, most thumbnail views are enough.

I like Cynn's idea for photographer's credits, but I might warn against "notes" that might inadvertently influence the flavor of entries. A "credit" can allow people to PM the photographer for more details about the photo. You know, thinking about it, perhaps the "photographer's notes" and even "credit" should be displayed after the contest closes lest people try to get larger format copies of the featured pic directly from the photographer.

So there's my 2¢, and no one even gave me a penny for my thoughts. That's okay, I guess, since they're a dime a dozen. Wink

sage

Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey, me again.

would it be possible to have an indication, while viewing an entry, as to whether or not we have already cast a vote for it? I usually view all the images over the three day span and, short of looking through all the comments to find my name, or getting the error message that I've already voted for an entry, there is no way of telling whether or not I have voted. Maybe just the word "voted" could appear somewhere at the top, or have the number under "votes" in red if we have already voted.

Just a thought. Happens to me once in a while. Sometimes I sneeze and forget it though, but not this time.

Lrossa

Post Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Sage, my turn red or are outlined in red after I have voted for them, check to see if the image has a red outline.

Very Happy

sage

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi Lrossa!

I get the outlines when I'm viewing the entries as thumbnails. But, if I click on the first entry, then go through all the entries by clicking on the "next" button, I can't tell whether or not I've voted for the one I am viewing unless I scroll down and read the comments.

I was wondering if, while viewing an entry, there could be an obvious indication as to whether or not I had already voted.

I don't know if I'm being clear or not Confused

Thanks, L!

MoLinKo

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey did I miss the discussion on this? Question

We are now allowed to prepost images up to 125K????

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes, advantage preposting is now allowed up to 125kb and preposts now show up in your portfolio. Smile
Edit: Only you can see the preposts in your portolio.
MoLinKo

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

billtvshow wrote:
Yes, advantage preposting is now allowed up to 125kb and preposts now show up in your portfolio. Smile

What do you mean when you say the preposts now show up in your portfolio, Will other people be able to see my preposts?

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

No, only you will see them.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Ideas for small changes - Reply to topic