Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Ideas for small changes - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:35 am   Reply with quote         

ok few ideas.....I think that HT had this idea too....

1) how about when you click on someones portfolio there is a button to organise all the wins and runner up positions in order of votes, because some days you can win with 30something votes, and this in some cases will not get on the first or maybe 2nd/3rd page of someones portfolio.

and

2) what about another link on the portfolio to show all entries by a person, a bit like the display all feature on the daily pics, this way a person can happily scroll down a members entire portfolio without slowly hacking through the pages.

3) I have discussed this with a few members, and we came to the conclusion that we didnt know if the site would self implode due to bandwidth constraints lol, but how about new stats on the profile and portfolio to show 3 positions, as in:

- Winner
-Runner Up
- 3rd

or maybe switch it to Gold, Silver and Bronze, or 1st,2nd and 3rd....just a suggestion, I think it will show the success of the members alot more. I realise that the new PSCore is a great feature, but personally I like to see things like 1st thru 3rd. Makes it more interesting and may bring more people to sign up striving to improve their scores....who knows

anyway

just a few nuggets to think about...opinions and views welcomed please people Very Happy

all the best to you and yours Smile

cafn8d

Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:29 pm   Reply with quote         

How about a link to "my" portfolio next to the link to "my" profile? Or a link to the portfolio on the profile-form page? (You know, the page you get when you click on "Profile" to the right of "Usergroups.") When I have more than one active entry, I like checking their "scores" at a glance, instead of having to open each contest and find my entries or have to find my clickable screen name somewhere first. Which gives me another idea: How about putting the "Who Is Online" stats on the homepage, instead of just on the "forum" index? I'm the first to admit that I'm lazy... Wink

splodge

Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:22 pm   Reply with quote         

hows about getting links top and botom of every page to match, and logged in members visable at all times, why the hell would anyone want to be "invisable" load of crap, you are here or you arnt here, showcase and other aliasholes might want to hide, but we want to see who is abusing the system,

Hallcross Toots
cafn8d

Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:56 pm   Reply with quote         

I just noticed that the mini-logos for PCS in my Firefox address window and on the bookmark toolbar are backwards. Confused

jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Due to the fact that some users have hundreds of images posted, a "show all" in thr portfolios would not be a very practical tool. Instead, I have added an option to show 12, 24, 48 or 96 entries per page while browsing through a member's portfolio.

As for the sorting or entries by how they placed in each contest, this will not be implimented at this time.

Thank you for your suggestions and enjoy the site.

Showcase

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         

you stingy bastard Wink Razz

splodge

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:36 pm   Reply with quote         

featured pic contests standings forum chat tutorials news faq links donate advantage home

could you left align the links at the top of the page? if someone posts an over sized picture all the links disapear to the right Sad

Hallcross Toots
jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:50 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
featured pic contests standings forum chat tutorials news faq links donate advantage home

could you left align the links at the top of the page? if someone posts an over sized picture all the links disapear to the right Sad

nope, I will just try to remove the big photos as they are posted.

cafn8d

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:19 pm   Reply with quote         

jmh132 wrote:
splodge wrote:

Is there any way to automatically replace pics over a certain pixel size with their (clickable) source links? That way, you wouldn't have to police them manually, but the images could still be "shared"...

jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:38 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
jmh132 wrote:
splodge wrote:

Is there any way to automatically replace pics over a certain pixel size with their (clickable) source links? That way, you wouldn't have to police them manually, but the images could still be "shared"...

yes, this is easy to do, but very expensive on the script execution time. The page would take a while to build even with only a few images depending on the speed of the connections of the servers they were linked from.

cafn8d

Post Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:59 pm   Reply with quote         

jmh132 wrote:

yes, this is easy to do, but very expensive on the script execution time. The page would take a while to build even with only a few images depending on the speed of the connections of the servers they were linked from.

Gosh! Would it be as bad for "non-clickable" links? I'm pretty sure we all know how to copy and paste around here. Wink Laughing Atanyrate, if you can somehow automate the blocking/removal of too-large pics, you wouldn't have to police it manually... Smile

splodge

Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:16 am   Reply with quote         

wouldn't it be easier to left align the links Question Confused

Hallcross Toots
jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:41 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
wouldn't it be easier to left align the links Question Confused

yes, I tried it the first time that you asked and it looked awkward with the new layout.

jmh132
Site Moderator

Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:44 am   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
jmh132 wrote:

Gosh! Would it be as bad for "non-clickable" links? I'm pretty sure we all know how to copy and paste around here. Wink Laughing Atanyrate, if you can somehow automate the blocking/removal of too-large pics, you wouldn't have to police it manually... Smile

is equal to:

it would be nice, but slowness sucks. Wink

splodge

Post Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

ok, dont screw the site up for me, i'm prolly the only one to notice it,
how about centre align Razz
and when do i get my spell chucker Very Happy

Hallcross Toots

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Ideas for small changes - Reply to topic