Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Adobe gamma - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Micose

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

(this tooth is aching so much i will be as quick as possible...)
I noticed that some very good chops suffered from some darkness that are not due , i think , to manips but to the fact of created on a Mac and viewed on pc users ...are the mac users aware of this ? (or pc users that stick a low gamma on their monitor)...
in sRGB a pic can be appreciated by the most with its original settings, only personal users'monitor luminosity n contrast make some differences but that not that a problem.
Im a bit talking about this matter cuz, its a problem in the opposite way too: for instance i noticed that art galleries often have Macs in their office, iand if i make a slideshow for prospecting those galleries i wonder each time if i should create a special slideshow viewable on a mac, with the typical Mac gamma...
am i clear or ..... just tell me wht u know, if there are tools or whtever...

tx for feedback its quite important i think....
Micose

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:43 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:00 pm   Reply with quote         

bneises

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I think that is because of the size change... it looks fine when viewed larger.

Micose

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:16 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:

yea that one made me thk of da subject....
Micose

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:18 pm   Reply with quote         

bneises wrote:
I think that is because of the size change... it looks fine when viewed larger.

yea too, but thats not da prob Bneises, really i want to share "ideas" about that mac/pc using different gammas, i ned to know cuz i have to do wht said above Cool
Micose

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:23 pm   Reply with quote         

gtg rite now...well to sum up(better to read above tho) i wondered how mac users get pc'made jpegs on their screen too.. ill read ur answers later... Cool
MindGraph

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I had a few ppl make some comments when I do a more dramatic post that it was too dark. I work on a mac and all of your work comes up very nice and I have looked at it on 3 different monitors hooked to macs. It seems like mac to pc is where the issue happens.

mightybeet
Site Moderator

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:37 pm   Reply with quote         

unfortunately the adobe gamma is somewhat limited and crude... id suggest gettin a monitor configurator thingys like this http://pantone.com/pages/products/product.aspx?pid=107&ca=2

every monitor is different...mac vs pc, mac vs mac, pc vs pc... is mac monitor better than pc monitor?... no... since most apple monitors are made by either samsung or some other big company that makes them and slaps the company name on them. whats the difference then?... gamma... mac output gives a lil more midrange color detail as the pc out usually runs darker darks and lighter lights... think thats how its was.. when ya get one of those monitor things it will tell you all ya need to know... like how bright a white, cool and warm white, kelvin ratings blahblahblah... yes you can set yer pc output to look just like mac!!!

L@rue: I'm eating a bag of bbq chips and drink a cocacola
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Naiko, any gallery worth your time will request slides...believe it or not.

ReinMan

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with the Beet Whom Is Mighty: if you are serious in any way with doing graphic ANYTHING on your PC or MAC, you would do good to invest in a colour calibrator for your system. I waited many years before I finally laid out the bread for a Spyder2 calibrator. It literally changed the way I see the world! Very Happy

For those on a budget, there is the Heuy system, and I'm sure there are others... you need one that actually measures the light/colour coming off your monitor.

I'm now using MAC - and also running XP of it too - and with a colour calibrator all my monitors (including my PC laptop) all look amazingly the same. Hoo HOOO!

invest in your ART kiddies - get one of these things!

Oh - and STOP SMOKING POT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

supak0ma

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:29 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Oh - and STOP SMOKING POT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Question

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:35 am   Reply with quote         

well a bit a go, there was talk about a shadow of mine being green or something, now on my screen it was fine, and I printed it, it was still fine, as it should have been.

I have my gamma and colour settings set to Euro Press, Euro scale coated v.2. As that is what Printers I use for my business use to correspond monitor image to printed perfectly.

However, I view the said green shadowed image on an old CRT monitor, and there it is, with a bizarre green tint.

So in conclusion, I guess we can all only do our best, as people will have different monitors, gamma and colour settings.

So what can ya do Laughing

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:50 am   Reply with quote         

word ! there's no solution for that, which is a good thing for color technicians :)

Micose

Post Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

u peopleanswered well...each comment was appropriated to my questionning.
And, Eve....You are sooo right

Cool

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Adobe gamma - Reply to topic