Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Safari for Windows - Reply to topic

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:08 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, I'll give it a try. What should I expect compared to Firefox 2.0 and IE7?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070611/ap_on_hi_te/apple_developers;_ylt=AvdLRPeUg2I2SzSTB88mPSYh2.cA

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:13 pm   Reply with quote         

death.

I dunno...

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:20 pm   Reply with quote         

urgh - don't know about functionality, but appearance-wise it looks crappy compared to FF
Fonts (default settings) are weird size and over-blurred
The 'borderless' design is cool, but I cannot drag any of the sides of the window, the only way to resize is the bottom-right corner.

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll try it. Download link is here for others: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

so is it really super-duper fast, or are they full of it? I seriously doubt I'll replace FF with it since I doubt Safari can match the customization I get with FF. I'm not going to bother trying it unless there is something worth trying it for. So far, it sounds like crap. Smile

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Rushed and not really ready for primetime. Screenshot of Yahoo (Safari on XP) - sarcastic font anyone?

Bigger screenshot compared to FF here

Good news is - it does appear to be faster, and it is not prone to the PSC yceml problem.

Bottom line - I tried it for 15 minutes, but it is giving me headaches - maybe I'll try the next version when it comes out, but this release did not convert me over to the mac camp. Thumb down

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:56 pm   Reply with quote         

why do it i don't even think it has a pop up blocker i use a mac at work and the damn thing has like a billion popups even when going on psc. but when i'm at home i use pc w/ ff and never get pop ups even when i have a new message in my inbox it blocks it i say fire fox all the way

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

As a mac user, I prefer Firefox anyway. Safari doesn't seem to be any faster to me, and I can't view signatures in forum using Safari. I'm curious if PC users can see sigs here using Safari?

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

affirmative on the signatures, but so many bugs to iron out - it's scary

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
why do it i don't even think it has a pop up blocker i use a mac at work and the damn thing has like a billion popups even when going on psc. but when i'm at home i use pc w/ ff and never get pop ups even when i have a new message in my inbox it blocks it i say fire fox all the way
This version has a 'Block Pop-up Windows' feature, don't know how good it is.

janetdog

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I use a lightweight version of FF called epiphany. It has been totally bulletproofed over the last few years. It will display avatars but, Sometimes it displays them in a pile. Either way, It's better than ie ever hoped to be.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:59 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
As a mac user, I prefer Firefox anyway. Safari doesn't seem to be any faster to me, and I can't view signatures in forum using Safari. I'm curious if PC users can see sigs here using Safari?

what she said. No big impression on me with safari compared to FF. Prefer FF

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Safari for Windows - Reply to topic