Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - zeitgeist movie - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ScionShade

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Im doing a google search to see where the situation stands now--
it appears that the chip is going =into britains--and for us.....
somehow the chip doesn't seem to be the main topic anymore..that'd be nice..perhaps they'll stick with magnetic strips.
lemme look some more *sigh*
"OK" for now states have the choice of the chip or unencrypted barcodes.
Goodnews is that the REALID act which went into law in 2005 has a chance of being junked, an amendment to the current immigration bill
in the senate has been tossed into the mix.
the REALID act was voted in unanimously in 2k5 after being tacked onto a funding bill for the Iraq war.

cafn8d

Post Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is the Department of Homeland Security official information on the "REAL ID" Act:

http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1172765989904.shtm
http://www.dhs.gov/xprevprot/laws/gc_1172765386179.shtm
http://www.dhs.gov/xprevprot/laws/gc_1172767635686.shtm

As Scion has already hinted, there is more to this story...

supak0ma

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
i don't recall a reference to jews in the film, would you point me to it? What secret cabal? The men and families behind the financial crashes are well mentioned. And please, ppl, stop mentioning WIKI as a reliable source for information, it is NOT.

Though most people understand what is implied when someone states that a small group of people control the banks and media, you are correct that there are no overt references in this film.

My intent here was simply to point out the origins of the belief system. It's a very old concept that was simply updated with a 9/11 chapter.

As for your question, "what secret cabal?", the film states the words, "the men behind the curtain", who meet at a secret island location and use code names to ensure their identities remain hidden. What more do you need in a secret cabal?.

I understand your distrust of Wikipedia so feel free to look up the Protocols at the library or your local extremist mosque. Whatever.
While you're at it, read up on the Federal Reserve.

If, after you've done this, you still believe that the world is controlled by a few evil men who are planning to implant all citizens with microchips...
If you believe that these few evil men willed thousands of Americans to orchestrate the 9/11 attacks on their own people (from the demolition experts to the Pentagon cover-up staff to the Bin Laden look-a-like)...if you believe that these evil men convinced Europeans to set off bombs in their own train stations, then there's nothing I can do to sway your opinion.
Your willingness to believe is stronger than any proof that's out there.

what i think is true is that men's evil and greed knows no limit, i'm not a believer because this is not a religion, i do, though, think that it could be possible. It could be happening.

About the federal reserve, do we need to know more that it is a private company? The bank of Italy (equivalent of your federal reserve) is also private (it prints the italian euros), and so is almost every other "national" bank. They loan paper to your and my government.

A topic that is not covered in the movie is bank loans. Do you know what is the limit a regular (not national) bank can loan, based on its deposits? In Italy, it is over 5000 times its deposits ( you could do some research to find out what the limit is in the US). Do you have an idea of what this means? Money doesn't exist, it is fabricated out of thin air, its just a convention, a few digits on a green phosphor screen. No national bank has a gold reserve. People need to realize this.

ScionShade

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

The US gold reserves,which are supposed to 'back' our paper money,
as best as I've been able to find out, have not been audited in decades...
no one can say there is enough gold there to cover our paper money.
I think in a major crisis like the depression we could (could) run into trouble, but does the money really need anything more than the paper?
In simplest form here---jondoe works for the feds, they pay him paper dollars they borrowed from the reserve banks of which the interest is paid on by income tax in jondoes check...the physical value of the money is the time and work jondoe did to earn it....he buys milk at the grocer with five dollars,they get the paper he gets the milk--a product of equal value has now been passed and so on and so forth---
the money enters the market in exchange for work or goods--they physically put a value on it at that first transaction.
I dunno if the gold is actually there to back it up, i don't think anyone knows...but the paper as a trade note for labor, and goods , if that's what it really has become, seems to work ok. Shocked
Edit: I have no idea how realistic that idea is, but our money USED to be Silver and Gold notes physically backed by actual silver or gold in a vault,
now we have 'promissory notes'.

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I, for one, do not wish to have a microchip anywhere on my person...I'd rather carry on around than have one implanted...that's just TOO freaky.

ReinMan

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
I, for one, do not wish to have a microchip anywhere on my person...I'd rather carry on around than have one implanted...that's just TOO freaky.

I've had someone stick something into my body once.

NEVER AGAIN!
!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Exclamation

cafn8d

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I've had our cats and dogs microchipped... but I'm not someone's PET!

splodge

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

American Wars

The American Revolution
1775-1783

The Indian Wars
1775-1890

Shay's Rebellion
1786-1787
Rebellion
Anti-(state)Government Rebels vs. Massachusetts

The Whiskey Rebellion
Rebellion
Anti-Tax Rebels in Western Pennsylvania

Quasi-War With France
1798-1800
Inter-State (Naval) War
France

Fries's Rebellion "The Hot Water War"
Rebellion
Anti-Tax Rebels in Pennsylvania

The Barbary Wars
1800-1815
Inter-State War
The Barbary States
(Tripoli, Algiers & Morocco)

The War of 1812
1812-1815
Inter-State War
Great Britain
The Growing & Troubled Republic

Primary Name of Conflict Dates of Conflict
(U.S. Involvement Only)
Type of Conflict Primary Opponent(s)
of the United States

Mexican-American War
1846-1848
Inter-State War
Mexico

U.S. Slave Rebellions
1800-1865
Slave Rebellions
Various Slave groups

"Bleeding Kansas"
1855-1860
Civil War (state of Kansas)
Pro-Slavery vs. Anti-Slavery Kansans

Brown's Raid on Harper's Ferry
Rebellion
Anti-Slavery Rebels (Led by John Brown)

United States Civil War
1861-1865
Civil War
United States (The North)
vs.
The Confederate States (The South)

U.S. Intervention in Hawaiian Revolution
Internal Rebellion & Foreign Intervention

The Spanish-American War
Inter-State War

U.S. Intervention in Samoan Civil War
1898-1899
Civil War & Foreign Intervention

U.S.-Philippine War
1899-1902
Colonial War, War of Imperialism

Boxer Rebellion
Internal Rebellion & Foreign Intervention
Chinese Government & "Boxer" Rebels

The Moro Wars
1901-1913
Colonial Wars
Philippine Muslim Rebels

U.S. Intervention in Panamanian Revolution
Secessionist Revolution & Foreign Intervention
Colombia

The Banana Wars
1909-1933
Civil Wars & Foreign Intervention
Various Rebel Groups In Central America

U.S. Occupation of Vera Cruz
Inter-State War
Mexico

Pershing's Raid Into Mexico
1916-1917
Inter-State, Border War
Mexican Government & Mexican Rebels ("Bandits")

World War I
1917-1918 (American involvement only)
Inter-State War
Germany

Allied Intervention in Russian Civil War
1919-1921
Russian Bolshevik (Soviet) Government

World War II
1941-1945 (American involvement only)
Inter-State War
Germany, Japan & Italy

The Cold War
1945-1991
Global Inter-State Cold War
The Soviet Union & Communist China

The Korean War
1950-1953
Inter-State War
North Korea & China

The Second Indochina War "Vietnam War"
1956-1975
Civil War, Inter-State War
North Vietnam & South Vietnamese "Viet Cong" Rebels

U.S. Intervention in Lebanon
No real foe for U.S. Troops landed to support Lebanon Gov.

Dominican Intervention
Rebels in the Dominican Republic

The Mayaguez Rescue Operation

News Story 1975 (May 15)
Hostage Rescue & Inter-State Conflict
Khmer Rouge Guerrillas (the new government of Cambodia)

Iranian Hostage Rescue "Desert One" or "Operation Eagle Claw"
1980 (April 25)
Hostage Rescue & Inter-State Conflict
Iran

U.S. Libya Conflict
1981, 1986
Inter-State War
Libya

U.S. Intervention in Lebanon
1982-1984
Civil War,Foreign Intervention & Inter-State War
Syria & Various Muslim and Leftist Lebanese Militias

U.S. Invasion of Grenada
Inter-State War
Marxist Grenadian Faction & Cuba

The Tanker War

"Operation Earnest Will"
1987-1988
Inter-State War
Iran

U.S. Invasion of Panama
Inter-State War
Panama

Second Persian Gulf War "Operation Desert Storm"
Inter-State War
Iraq

"No-Fly Zone" War
1991-2003
Inter-State War
Iraq

U.S. Intervention in Somalia
1992-1994
Various Somali Militias

NATO Intervention in Bosnia (Operation Deliberate Force) Summary
1994-1995
Civil War,Foreign Intervention & Inter-State War
Bosnian Serb Rebels

U.S. Occupation of Haiti
Foreign Intervention
Haitian Government

U.S. Embassy bombings and strikes on Afghanistan and Sudan (The bin Laden War)
August, 1998
Terrorist Conflict

"Desert Fox" Campaign (part of U.S./Iraq Conflict)
December, 1998
Inter-State War
Iraq

Kosovo War
Civil War, Foreign Intervention & Inter-State War
Yugoslavia/Serbia

Attack on the USS Cole
October 12, 2000
Terrorist Conflict
Terrorists associated with Osama bin Laden

Attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon
September 11, 2001
Terrorist Conflict
Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida organization

Afghanistan War (Operation Enduring Freedom)
October 7, 2001-Present
War against Terrorism
The Taliban and Osama bin Laden's Al-Qaida organization

Third Persian Gulf War "Operation Iraqi Freedom"
March 19, 2003-Present
Inter-State War
Iraq

never won a single one, both side lost the Civil War, that movie was point less, we all learn by ower mistakes dont we???

Hallcross Toots
ScionShade

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:29 pm   Reply with quote         

How DARE you mention Desert Fox!!! Don't you know Hillary is running for President and it is highly, HIGHLY unseemly to say anything that is not included in the post 9-11 revisionist history?
Clinton DID NOT allow any military action by the US in Iraq during his terms. I am offended good Sir.GOOD DAY SIR!
Edit--I'm just kidding--thought I'd better say that.

ReinMan

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:47 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
How DARE you mention Desert Fox!!! Don't you know Hillary is running for President and it is highly, HIGHLY unseemly to say anything that is not included in the post 9-11 revisionist history?
Clinton DID NOT allow any military action by the US in Iraq during his terms. I am offended good Sir.GOOD DAY SIR!
Edit--I'm just kidding--thought I'd better say that.

I thought maybe you were implying something about Hillary and Foxes and dry dry Deserts... but just rereading what I just typed I realized that I'm insane to even remotely Go There... Huh.. Razz

ScionShade

Post Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I should include this...
Scott Ritter UNMOVIC
Former UN chief weapons inspector Scott Ritter
"Republicans are not the only ones guilty of misrepresenting the truth regarding Iraq and weapons inspections; President Bill Clinton had the gall to claim that Saddam Hussein had refused to cooperate with weapons inspectors in December 1998, evicting the WMD sleuths from Iraq on the eve of the 72-hour bombing campaign known as Desert Fox. Clinton knew full well that his administration had deliberately created a provocation against the Iraqis, seeking to inspect a Baath Party headquarters, and once it became clear the Iraqis would accede to this outrageous demand, it was Clinton, not Saddam, who ordered the inspectors out of Iraq, seeking to cover his tracks with a bombing campaign that ostensibly targeted “WMD sites,” but which in reality was a thinly disguised assassination attempt against the Iraqi president. A leading candidate for the Democratic nomination for president, Hillary Clinton, continues to uphold the fiction of her husband’s policy in Iraq, much to the detriment of truth. "
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20070705_a_farewell_to_arms_control/
I wanted to post that because....it aint some conspiracy theorist.

supak0ma

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:43 am   Reply with quote         

What do you think about all these ppl:

George Alogoskoufis, Minister of Economy and Finance (Greece); Ali Babacan, Minister of Economic Affairs (Turkey); Edward Balls, Economic Secretary to the Treasury (UK); Francisco Pinto Balsemão, Chairman and CEO, IMPRESA, S.G.P.S.; Former Prime Minister (Portugal); José M. Durão Barroso, President, European Commission (Portugal/International); Franco Bernabé, Vice Chariman, Rothschild Europe (Italy); Nicolas Beytout, Editor-in-Chief, Le Figaro (France); Carl Bildt, Former Prime Minister (Sweden); Hubert Burda, Publisher and CEO, Hubert Burda Media Holding (Belgium); Philippe Camus, CEO, EADS (France); Henri de Castries, Chairman of the Management Board and CEO, AXA (France); Juan Luis Cebrian, Grupo PRISA media group (Spain); Kenneth Clark, Member of Parliament (UK); Timothy C. Collins, Senior Managing Director and CEO, Ripplewood Holdings, LLC (USA); Bertrand Collomb, Chairman, Lafarge (France); George A. David, Chairman, Coca-Cola H.B.C. S.A. (USA); Kemal Dervis, Administrator, UNDP (Turkey); Anders Eldrup, President, DONG A/S (Denmark); John Elkann, Vice Chairman, Fiat S.p.A (Italy); Martin S. Feldstein, President and CEO, National Bureau of Economic Research (USA); Timothy F. Geithner, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of New York (USA); Paul A. Gigot, Editor of the Editorial Page, The Wall Street Journal (USA); Dermot Gleeson, Chairman, AIB Group (Ireland); Donald E. Graham, Chairman and CEO, The Washington Post Company (USA); Victor Halberstadt, Professor of Economics, Leiden University; Former Honorary Secretary General of Bilderberg Meetings (the Netherlands); Jean-Pierre Hansen, CEO, Suez-Tractebel S.A. (Belgium); Richard N. Haass, President, Council on Foreign Relations (USA); Richard C. Holbrooke, Vice Chairman, Perseus, LLC (USA); Jaap G. Hoop de Scheffer, Secretary General, NATO (the Netherlands/International); Allan B. Hubbard, Assistant to the President for Economic Policy, Director National Economic Council (USA); Josef Joffe, Publisher-Editor, Die Zeit (Germany); James A. Johnson, Vice Chairman, Perseus, LLC (USA); Vernon E. Jordan, Jr., Senior Managing Director, Lazard Frères & Co. LLC (USA); Anatole Kaletsky, Editor at Large, The Times (UK); John Kerr of Kinlochard, Deputy Chairman, Royal Dutch Shell plc (the Netherlands); Henry A. Kissinger, Chairman, Kissinger Associates (USA); Mustafa V. Koç, Chariman, Koç Holding A.S. (Turkey); Fehmi Koru, Senior Writer, Yeni Safek (Turkey); Bernard Kouchner, Minister of Foreign Affairs (France); Henry R. Kravis, Founding Partner, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (USA); Marie-Josée Kravis, Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute, Inc. (USA); Neelie Kroes, Commissioner, European Commission (the Netherlands/International); Ed Kronenburg, Director of the Private Office, NATO Headquarters (International); William J. Luti, Special Assistant to the President for Defense Policy and Strategy, National Security Council (USA); Jessica T. Mathews, President, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace (USA); Frank McKenna, Ambassador to the US, member Carlyle Group (Canada); Thierry de Montbrial, President, French Institute for International Relations (France); Mario Monti, President, Universita Commerciale Luigi Bocconi (Italy); Craig J. Mundie, Chief Technical Officer Advanced Strategies and Policy, Microsoft Corporation (USA); Egil Myklebust, Chairman of the Board of Directors SAS, Norsk Hydro ASA (Norway); Matthias Nass, Deputy Editor, Die Zeit (Germany); Adnrzej Olechowski, Leader Civic Platform (Poland); Jorma Ollila, Chairman, Royal Dutch Shell plc/Nokia (Finland); George Osborne, Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer (UK); Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, Minister of Finance (Italy); Richard N. Perle, Resident Fellow, American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (USA); Heather Reisman, Chair and CEO, Indigo Books & Music Inc. (Canada); David Rockefeller (USA); Matías Rodriguez Inciarte, Executive Vice Chairman, Grupo Santander Bank, (Spain); Dennis B. Ross, Director, Washington Institute for Near East Policy (USA); Otto Schily, Former Minister of Interior Affairs; Member of Parliament; Member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs (Germany); Jürgen E. Schrempp, Former Chairman of the Board of Management, DaimlerChrysler AG (Germany); Tøger Seidenfaden, Executive Editor-in-Chief, Politiken (Denmark); Peter D. Sutherland, Chairman, BP plc and Chairman, Goldman Sachs International (Ireland); Giulio Tremonti, Vice President of the Chamber of Deputies (Italy); Jean-Claude Trichet, Governor, European Central Bank (France/International); John Vinocur, Senior Correspondent, International Herald Tribune (USA); Jacob Wallenberg, Chairman, Investor AB (Sweden); Martin H. Wolf, Associate Editor and Economics Commentator, The Financial Times (UK); James D. Wolfensohn, Special Envoy for the Gaza Disengagement (USA); Robert B. Zoellick, Deputy Secretary of State (USA); Klaus Zumwinkel, Chairman of the Board of Management, Deutsche Post AG (USA); Adrian D. Wooldridge, Foreign Correspondent, The Economist,

meeting yearly to discuss noone knows what? I bet you never heard of this meeting on the news.

The list refers to this year's meeting held in Turkey.

ReinMan

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Keeping in this thread's style of Teeny Weeny postings... Razz
I thought I'd toss these in for a change of pace (hopefully some will find that they do not stray TOO far from the discussion at hand!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose
you were a member of Congress. But then
I repeat myself.- Mark Twain
.................................................................................

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into
prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and
trying to lift himself up by the handle.
- Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul
can always depend on the support of Paul.
- George Bernard Shaw

A liberal is someone who feels a great debt
to his fellow man....which debt he proposes
to pay off with your money. - G. Gordon Liddy

Democracy must be something more than
two wolves and a sheep voting on what to
have for dinner.- James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)

Giving money and power to government is like
giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
Government's view of the economy could be summed
up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps
moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
- Ronald Reagan (1986)

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government
and report the facts. - Will Rogers

If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when it's free!
- P.J. O'Rourke

In general, the art of government consists
of taking as much money as possible from one
party of the citizens to give to the other.
- Voltaire (1764)

Just because you do not take an interest
in politics doesn't mean politics won't take
an interest in you! - Pericles (430 B.C.)

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe
while the legislature is in session.
- Mark Twain (1866)

Talk is cheap...except when Congress does it.
- Unknown (Well, we know it wasn't a Canuck! Wink )

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal
sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing
of socialism is the equal sharing of misery.
- Winston Churchill

The only difference between a tax man and a
taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.
- Mark Twain Laughing
The ultimate result of shielding men from the
effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
What this country needs are more unemployed
politicians. - Edward Langley, Artist (1928 - 1995)

A government big enough to give you everything you
want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
- Thomas Jefferson

ReyRey

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

So the CIA created Jesus so he could blow up the towers?? Shocked

Post Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
So the CIA created Jesus so he could blow up the towers?? Shocked
there were no towers in the first place, they made you believe that, that's the conspiracy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - zeitgeist movie - Reply to topic