Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A FUNNY THING HAPPENED...... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

couldb5150

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:48 am   Reply with quote         

As a few of you know I recently bought a second (winter get away) home in beautiful Idaho......a winter retreat from the over crowded,crazy paced city of Huntington Beach ...in Orange County California.....

Well I had my first experience of a good sized snow storm recently (2nd time I've actually SEEN snow in my 42 years of existence....) See I've been a Calif beach bum most my life
where anything under 70 degrees is considered very cold ...lol

SO A FEW FUNNY THINGS HAVE HAPPENED WITH MY FIRST REAL EXPERIENCE OF SNOW!

1)A car will easily slide off a road and into a ditch on icy roads
at the slowest of speeds!
2)When using a garden hose in freezing conditions be sure to DRAIN the hose after use or the water inside it will freeze and freaking expand resulting in a lovely multi holed portable sprinkler system...aka a hose with tons of holes in it!!
3)After consumption of copious quantities of beers the human tongue will in fact stick very well to a metal pole!
4)When retrieving the daily mail, do not wear flip-flops (sandals).....for walking in these on a frozen concrete driveway will only result in one slipping and sliding and landing on ones ass!
5)Socks are a definite plus when walking in snow!
6)If moving from a mild climate like Calif to an area that freezes like Idaho be sure your car radiator has 100% anti freeze......not water.....cause even though engines have freeze plugs (designed to expand under freezing conditions to protect the engine) if they fail...as mine did....an engine block will in fact crack resulting in a blown engine upon the next time you start the vehicle.
7)It's a good idea NOT to drive with cruise control on ...on frozen roads!
8)Passing a snow plow on the right is virtually impossible!

Fellow choppers these are all just a few of the funny things that have happened to me so far....bwahahahaha....live and learn huh...........So now I have a bruised ass, a bruised ego, an open wound on the tip of my tongue, a ticket for unsafe driving and am in the market for a new vehicle!

Hope this adds a little levity to your day!
And as I tell all my dates.......sorry this thing is so long !

AM I mental

~5150

Canuck <º)))><

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:42 am   Reply with quote         

Coming from someone who has lived in the Great White North all his life, you might want to reconsider #6. %100 anti-freeze actually has a higher freezing temperature than anti-freeze mixed with the appropriate amount of water.

Pretty funny though Smile

http://www.maxsafeantifreeze.com/faqs.html

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:43 am   Reply with quote         

But you get to make great pictures of the world, and make snowangels!

Good story!

annajon

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:49 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
Coming from someone who has lived in the Great White North all his life, you might want to reconsider #6. %100 anti-freeze actually has a higher freezing temperature than anti-freeze mixed with the appropriate amount of water.

Pretty funny though Smile

And yes, my European car was ready for minus 40 degrees C. And that was a mix with water and anti-freeze. Just don't ever drink the stuff.... no matter how desperate you get.

Emergency package in car in Idaho is: Blankets, dry crackers, bottles of water, chocolatebars, sugar cubes. And don't think you don't need it, the way you overtake (!!!!!) a snow plow, no matter what side, I thought they were there to keep the road clean for you.

Well, that's it, I suppose.

Synthvet

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:51 am   Reply with quote         

you got concrete???............and I was gonna feel sorry for you

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, and when you want to impress your date in Idaho....show her your chainsaw..

don't buy her flowers.......cut her some firewood

If you do end up getting married there, reserve the Grange Hall well in advance..

Unless you have XM radio.......get used to the sound of Paul Harvey's voice

it's easier to remember the seasons........winter and August

there are two kinds of drivers.....those who have hit a deer, and those who will hit a deer

don't let anybody tell you there's nothing to do there.....you're gonna love the County Fair....even better if yours has a couple rides

plan your trips to town carefully.......especially if your town has a store.......that is a bonus!!

couldb5150

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:09 am   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:
you got concrete???............and I was gonna feel sorry for you

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh, and when you want to impress your date in Idaho....show her your chainsaw..

don't buy her flowers.......cut her some firewood

If you do end up getting married there, reserve the Grange Hall well in advance..

Unless you have XM radio.......get used to the sound of Paul Harvey's voice

it's easier to remember the seasons........winter and August

there are two kinds of drivers.....those who have hit a deer, and those who will hit a deer

don't let anybody tell you there's nothing to do there.....you're gonna love the County Fair....even better if yours has a couple rides

plan your trips to town carefully.......especially if your town has a store.......that is a bonus!!

LMFAO.....YOU ARE SO RIGHT IN SO MANY AREAS!!!!

dewdew

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:29 am   Reply with quote         

we call that hunting Laughing in the south

pollyO

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:12 am   Reply with quote         

A generator is a good thing

pollyO

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:14 am   Reply with quote         

and an Ipod to drown out the noise

couldb5150

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:

we call that hunting Laughing in the south

TOO FUNNY ........i'VE ALMOST HIT DEER TWICE HERE....RUMOR HAS IT IT CAN REALLY MESS UP A CAR!!!

ALSO......AS USUAL I HAD TO TAKE A WRITTEN DRIVERS TEST HERE AND THE LAW IS: IF YOU HIT AN ANIMAL OWNED BY SOMEONE (IE COW,GOAT,LLAMA ETC) YOU ARE NOT ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN CARS' DAMAGES BUT YOU HAVE TO REIMBURSE THE OWNER THE COST TO REPLACE THE DEAD ANIMAL...(aka your new hood ornament)......!!

~5150

FootFungas

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

I have a friend who lives in idaho, if you wanna annoy her, you just talk about all the potatoes in idaho.

ReinMan

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:30 am   Reply with quote         

Bah!

THAT's not SNOW.

THIS is SNOW:

Edmonton, 3pm

Twisted Evil

MindGraph

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

This is a great thread! Laughing Laughing
We have some great comedian writers here.
I went the opposite way...grew up in the north and now reside in the south. Biggest thing I noticed my first christmas down here was when I got home with my live christmas tree in 80 degree weather and was trimming off the bottom branches outside, 3 robins flew by. Couldn't figure out what stopped me in my tracks at that moment but later figured it out. In the north the robins fly south in the winter and don't come back till spring so you use them as a gauge as to when the weather is going to start warming up. Now I live where they fly to so it was the strangest thing to see them in the middle of winter. Also the term "ya'll" is singular AND plural. The term "yeah buddy" means F%$* You but in a nice way because southerners have a reputation of being so polite. After about the first 50 times that people passed me and said "hey" and I responded with "what?" I realized that's how they say "hello" here. Also when someone responds to a story about someone who did something stupid they say "well bless their heart" which means "dumbass". Oh and the other one is "I'm fixin to" which has no time stamp on it at all. When someone at work says "I'm fixin to bring that up to you" what that really means is you better go get it or you may not see it in this lifetime.
Funny and sometimes sad of the different cultures you encounter Laughing Crying or Very sad

couldb5150

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
I have a friend who lives in idaho, if you wanna annoy her, you just talk about all the potatoes in idaho.

Funny ya should mention that.......cause when i first moved up here I took daily road trips to get familiar to the surrounding areas and I'll be damned if I have YET to see a freaking potato tree here!...Guess they are all up-state somewhere......bwahahahaha

(same thing applied when my parents lived in Hawaii......my first couple visits to see them my father had me on constant watch when driving around to "keep my eyes open for pineapple trees"
...yeah good ol' dad still gets a laugh outta telling that story at family gatherings!!!!!!.........hey if ya can't laugh at yourself ....right??

~5150

Am I Mental?

couldb5150

Post Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:37 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Bah!

THAT's not SNOW.

THIS is SNOW:

Edmonton, 3pm

Twisted Evil

You're right RM,
My uncle lives in Vancouver and he is constantly inviting me up to see REAL winter weather!!!....don't know how ya guys deal with all that white stuff up there.....although it is beatiful!

BBrrrrrrrrrrr

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - A FUNNY THING HAPPENED...... - Reply to topic