Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - O/T Long Distance Phone Charges - Reply to topic

couldb5150

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok people,
Quick question for ya'll ....about a year ago I called Micose in France from California ...we chatted for about 3 minutes ...it cost me about $55.00 ....which was no problem ...as I expected it to be expensive.......my question now is ...I will b be calling France and the UK (Leeds) quite a bit in the near future....any ideas...comments....suggestions on how I can lower that cost ......for I will most likely be on the phone for 30-60 minutes per call!!!!!Per country!!!!

I have cableone landline (Idaho) Verizon (Landline Calif) and Verizon (International) wireless cell services....any ideas?????

Thanks in advance
~5150

Granulated

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

couldb5150 wrote:
Ok people,
Quick question for ya'll ....about a year ago I called Micose in France from California ...we chatted for about 3 minutes ...it cost me about $55.00 ....which was no problem ...as I expected it to be expensive.......my question now is ...I will b be calling France and the UK (Leeds) quite a bit in the near future....any ideas...comments....suggestions on how I can lower that cost ......for I will most likely be on the phone for 30-60 minutes per call!!!!!Per country!!!!

I have cableone landline (Idaho) Verizon (Landline Calif) and Verizon (International) wireless cell services....any ideas?????

Thanks in advance
~5150

What the fekkk ???

55 dollars for 3 minutes is outrageous.
My cousin (vegas) calls me (london) for something around 5 cents a minute.

Suggestion...get/install/join Skype.

couldb5150

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
couldb5150 wrote:
Ok people,

Thanks in advance
~5150

What the fekkk ???

55 dollars for 3 minutes is outrageous.
My cousin (vegas) calls me (london) for something around 5 cents a minute.

Suggestion...get/install/join Skype.

Holy Shiate!!!
5 cents a minute.....????DAMN!!!!!...pros ....vs...Cons on Skype?????

~5150

splodge

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

whilst in leeds nip over to Doncaster, you can use my phone for free

Hallcross Toots
couldb5150

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:23 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
whilst in leeds nip over to Doncaster, you can use my phone for free

That's A DEAL!!!....Although I must insist DRINKS ON ME !!!!

Thanks !!

~5150

splodge

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:48 pm   Reply with quote         

name the day/daze you can stay here for a few nights, that goes for anyone, Hallcross UK con anyone?

Hallcross Toots
Tesore

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Msn or Skype?!

Synthvet

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I've seen their ads on TV...........might be worth a look

http://www.pennytalk.com/?gclid=CKO215nayZECFQakiQodLXUA0A

jkmansell

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Vonage, they have great deals on International calling. All you need is high speed internet.

couldb5150

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:59 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
name the day/daze you can stay here for a few nights, that goes for anyone, Hallcross UK con anyone?

Ok kids can we say "class act"...Splodge ya are on ......I'll keep ya posted on my itinerary ....but again I must insist DRINKS ON ME !!!!

Thanks Bro !!!!

~5150

Wiz

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:03 pm   Reply with quote         

"I've got Skype, but I'm too lazy to use it.
I tried it out a coupla times with a few Cyber diver friends of mine, on another website, and it really worked well if:-

1. You both have broadband/High speed internet connection.
2. You both have 'Skype' Accounts and addresses.
3. You both have computers with audio speakers.
4. You both have your computers switched on.

This last bit means you have to Email ahead to arrange call times etc, or luckily fluke a connection.

Skype technology might have improved somewhat in 2 years, but that's what I experienced back then.

Tell you what! Lets all trade our Skype addresses (For those that have it that is) on PSC, and network each other in AUDIO for the very first time! Idea

Then instead of letting our fingers do all the walking, you could have a nice long chat with say Micose on the price of Merlot, or frogs legs! LOL!

BTW: It'd be an idea to just look at the bottom of the 'Forum Page' and see who's online, and THEN give 'em a call Shocked Shocked Shocked

That's my 2c's worth

Very Happy Wiz

Oscar

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:26 pm   Reply with quote         

There are couple programs that will let you call land lines for free all over the world. They are really hard to get a hold of, but you can get them online [ insert torrent site here ]

or you can join skype
Rolling Eyes

couldb5150

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Wiz wrote:
"I've got Skype, but I'm too lazy to use it.
I tried it out a coupla times with a few Cyber diver friends of mine, on another website, and it really worked well if:-

1. You both have broadband/High speed internet connection.
2. You both have 'Skype' Accounts and addresses.
3. You both have computers with audio speakers.
4. You both have your computers switched on.

This last bit means you have to Email ahead to arrange call times etc, or luckily fluke a connection.

Skype technology might have improved somewhat in 2 years, but that's what I experienced back then.

Tell you what! Lets all trade our Skype addresses (For those that have it that is) on PSC, and network each other in AUDIO for the very first time! Idea

Then instead of letting our fingers do all the walking, you could have a nice long chat with say Micose on the price of Merlot, or frogs legs! LOL!

BTW: It'd be an idea to just look at the bottom of the 'Forum Page' and see who's online, and THEN give 'em a call Shocked Shocked Shocked

That's my 2c's worth

Very Happy Wiz

I'm game ....Im off to set up an account then I'm up for chatting with anyone .....always nice to audibly converse w fellow psc members!!!!Like PVS....he's the coolest !!!!!

~5150

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - O/T Long Distance Phone Charges - Reply to topic