Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Arrghhhh!!!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

my efn monitor is all outta wack again i'm so pissed i can see shit i don't know what peoples entries colors are for today and mine looks all grey brownish no greens no purple. thats it i'm gonna burn this thing. shit!!!! damn hopefully i'll get this shit working or prob fixed again sorry for not placing any votes yet but i cant tell whats what every thing looks so horrible. and i gotta wait for my neighbor to get home to update my monitors calibration again useing that coloromitor thingy ma bob.

frustrated as hell,
-m-

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:18 pm   Reply with quote         

well hell now i can see just fine.... thats so weird after i typed that 1st message i left for a bit and came back and everything is just fine. soo confused. anyone got any ideas as to what might have caused that? like the white in this text box was yellowish all the blues were washed out and purples were brown etc.

i installed a new vid card the last time it did this and got a different monitor last time so now i'm lost as to what it could be. any ideas???
-m-

splodge

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

any strong magnets, speakers, cell phones near the monitor? strong magnets, speakers will screw up your monitor, cell phones can do

Hallcross Toots
NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:31 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
any strong magnets, speakers, cell phones near the monitor? strong magnets, speakers will screw up your monitor, cell phones can do
speakers yes a set of altec lansing w/ sub and a cell phone, how does that effect it?

Martrex

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

It would effect a CRT but I don't know about an LCD.

Something to do with the electrons being thrown at the screen on the crt. And the magnetic field from the speakers would effect the paths!

Shocked Nano, nano!

delia

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

What kind of monitor is it? I don't have any trouble with my laptop, but my desktop is an old clunky monitor and the speaker magnet in my cordless phone, and also my two desktop speakers will make the edges of the monitor wig out if they are too close.

Your regular TV (if it isn't a nice flat screen plasma/LCD type) is also affected by magnets. My subwoofer for our surround sound put a hurtin' on our old TV set before we knew any better. They were right next to each other in the entertainment center.

Hope that helps some, at least.

http://www.track4va.com
the burning couch

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
splodge wrote:
speakers yes a set of altec lansing w/ sub and a cell phone, how does that effect it?

The speakers probably wouldn't affect your monitor , cause they're usually "shielded".

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe his dilytheum crystals are running low. Ever think of that?

splodge

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:01 pm   Reply with quote         

what matrix said, the electrons are projected on the photosensitive front of the cathode ray tube, the magnets in speakers will pull them to one side

Hallcross Toots
NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:13 pm   Reply with quote         

it is an lcd monitor 17" brand name is (sharp) about 3-4 yrs old and was only used at my work for one of the office comps before i snagged it. what are you talking about scion? i don't understand that part... sounds like something out of the nasa program scratch i googled it and got a bunch of scifi stuff Laughing

Martrex

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Remember as I've said before it could be the video brd. They can go bad and do odd things to the image. It could be full time or intermittent.
Since the monitor is different then your last image problems. Yet the problem sounds similar. Maybe video brd or worse something in the CPU!

Too bad you don't have a mac laptop yet, to continue your work on! Shocked Laughing

Dylithium crystals power the enterprise. Geez! Doesn't everyone know that?
"Ah Captain Kirk, I'm working just as fast as I can!"
"Okay, Scotty let me know when we're ready to kick in the warp engines!"

Tawiskaro

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:43 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
well hell now i can see just fine.... thats so weird after i typed that 1st message i left for a bit and came back and everything is just fine. soo confused. anyone got any ideas as to what might have caused that? like the white in this text box was yellowish all the blues were washed out and purples were brown etc.

i installed a new vid card the last time it did this and got a different monitor last time so now i'm lost as to what it could be. any ideas???
-m-

You might have degraded capacitors on your video card. That can cause all sorts of funkiness in your display. Dells are notorious for this problem. You can visually identify a bad capacitor by looking for a bulge in the normally flat head of the cylindrical body. If you can swap in an old video card or monitor, it might help you figure out which device is misbehaving. Overheating can cause strange video card behavior, too. When's the last time you vacuumed your air vents and guts? Every few months I pop open my case and discover crud woven into a fine carpet on my cooling fans and heat sinks.

Good luck.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

i replaced the video card/board that last time things were getting all whacky and haven't had any probs until today. so weird i tell ya. my neighbor is gonna come bye later today and recalibrate it to see if it drifted or something like that so well see what she tells me about specs and all that fancy stuff Laughing

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:

-m-

You might have degraded capacitors on your video card. That can cause all sorts of funkiness in your display. Dells are notorious for this problem. You can visually identify a bad capacitor by looking for a bulge in the normally flat head of the cylindrical body. If you can swap in an old video card or monitor, it might help you figure out which device is misbehaving. Overheating can cause strange video card behavior, too. When's the last time you vacuumed your air vents and guts? Every few months I pop open my case and discover crud woven into a fine carpet on my cooling fans and heat sinks.

Good luck.
i have a dell and was running the stock vid card that came installed w/ the comp then the new vid card that was installed has a built in fan i vaccumed out all dirt cat hair etc at the time of doing that about a month or so. this capacitor is it on the vid card? i'm looking at the old one and it appears to be in good shape hope that helps

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
Oscar

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:58 pm   Reply with quote         

lets all pitch in and buy matt a new monitor... here is a dollar...
$1.00 Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Arrghhhh!!!!! - Reply to topic