Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THERE IS SO MUCH FAVORITISM IN THIS JOINT!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

ScionShade

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase................SHOW!
Jasper....Nicely said.

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

well one thing for anonymous voting /contests...I think the pressure to friend vote is off if you don't know who you're voting for. Some of the people here may feel guilty if they did not vote for a friend and w/ anon contest/or voting you don't have that pressure. If you all really wanted to help the new users you'd add comments on the pieces to help it improve so I think anon is better myself.

Alex

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:02 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
*sigh*

Hey! That's my line...

Cool

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:09 pm   Reply with quote         

8 pages Rolling Eyes

I'm still a fan of anonymous contests, but after reading some posts, about how new members would deal with their learning-curve based on critisism and such, I have to agree that it makes sence.
I guess a mixture would still be best.
Like 2 anon contests every week which makes 8 a month + 2 prize-contests gives about 10 anonymous contests every month and that doesn't sound bad to me.

splodge

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

[/url]

Hallcross Toots
ReyRey

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Doh!
I think there is a little of everything going on. There are a few people that vote only for friends. ( a very small percentage)
There are people that don't vote for people that are too good. (doesn't make sense) There are people that think they are better than they really are and are mad because they don't get as many votes as others. (some come around and learn, others just go away mad and go complain somewhere else.) Some people brown nose and PM people. (they get caught and get beat up in a thread)
Many people say they want more anonymous contests but then the same top people win. Then they try and figure out another conspiracy. The facts are that the people who are good don't need to cheat and probably don't. The people who do cheat most likely still are not getting enough votes to win. With the little bit of cheating and the little bit of jealousy and or insecurity this place levels itself out in the end. Mostly people are honest and the voting is generally accurate. (IMHO) I really don't think there is a big conspiracy. If someone is consistently getting votes they don't deserve, it would be obvious and people would be all over it. I can't speak for others but a win by cheating would be such a hollow win. I would know I did not deserve it and it would bother the hell out of me. I would feel like less of a person. This is a good web site. Sure it's got it's issues and personalities but that is what I love. Cool
Life is too short people. Trust me. Do your best, have fun, you will get the votes you deserve.
If I like it I vote, If I don't like it, I don't vote. I have many people that I like here and most of the ones I communicate with friendly probably don't get as many votes from me as they would like. I consider many people here friends, that does not mean they will get my vote. I probably will take more time to comment and help them if I think they would care. If they respond negatively I will never comment again. I will still vote for them if they do good work. I have had many people PM me while a contest is active and ask me why I did not vote for them. Usually I don't reply. Sometimes I PM back "It sucked" Laughing Then they don't ask again. (then I will send another PM giving them an honest opinion) Here is a question for ya.
If you comment on someones entry and suggest that they do something and they try to do what you said but they do not do a good job and make it worse, do you vote for it just because they tried ?
Come back Showcase!!!! Cool Laughing

ReyRey

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh.. I almost forgot. STFUAC

the burning couch

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:43 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

If you comment on someones entry and suggest that they do something and they try to do what you said but they do not do a good job and make it worse, do you vote for it just because they tried ?

That depends.....are they in my "Buddy Voting Group"?. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Doh!
I think there is a little of everything going on...

You need to go back on vacation. You're making too much sense.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:58 pm   Reply with quote         

a win by cheating would be such a hollow win. I would know I did not deserve it and it would bother the hell out of me. I would feel like less of a person.

Have you noticed the increased grey hairs on R Preznint? Rolling Eyes

Oscar

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I'll just edit this here post... it wont matter much b/c people here just skips over my opinions.

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:16 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
...There are people that don't vote for people that are too good. (doesn't make sense)...

Yup! And I know all of them! Laughing

BTW, I don't like anon contests!
Nothing is perfect but it is like anything else... Smile

OK! Back to my routine occupations...

Oscar

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:32 pm   Reply with quote         

yup don't mind me.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
...There are people that don't vote for people that are too good. (doesn't make sense)...

Yup! And I know all of them! Laughing

BTW, I don't like anon contests!
Nothing is perfect but it is like anything else... Smile

OK! Back to my routine occupations...

It was funny as hell, for like the first month that I was here, I knew nothing about Advantage, or the forum, I just never took the time to read up on it, and I would see these great chops, and I'd say to myself these fucking cheaters! how the hell did they do this by 10:00 AM!, so I wouldn't vote for them Laughing you should of seen my face when I saw Advantage Shocked Laughing

Procyon
Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:52 am   Reply with quote         

It would be interesting to see who votes for whose entry. I'll look into coding something. That would then finally clear up the question if favoritism exists or not.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THERE IS SO MUCH FAVORITISM IN THIS JOINT!!! - Reply to topic