Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THERE IS SO MUCH FAVORITISM IN THIS JOINT!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

acemanoj

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:55 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
It would be interesting to see who votes for whose entry. I'll look into coding something. That would then finally clear up the question if favoritism exists or not.

Yessssssss Very Happy

blue_lurker

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:01 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
It would be interesting to see who votes for whose entry. I'll look into coding something. That would then finally clear up the question if favouritism exists or not.

True Boss it would prove who votes for who, but on the other hand its there votes and they have the right to vote for who, what and when they want. SO why dont we spend your time on getting more midget wrestling images for chopping...huh huh Laughing

dumbat

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:11 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
why dont we spend your time on getting more midget wrestling images for chopping...huh huh Laughing
just how many of these images do you send in every day BL??

as for seeing who votes for whom, yes do it. the info is available to us anyway but it'd be interesting to see the stats without having to count all those votes...

...and then we can use these stats to decide who deserves our votes Laughing

nifft

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:45 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:
It would be interesting to see who votes for whose entry. I'll look into coding something. That would then finally clear up the question if favoritism exists or not.

Surely interesting, but maybe all that we need is to break the routine: we need organized H2H, reunion, team chop, scav hunt, championship etc.

One per month, for example, at a predetermined day, and this can only be started by you Proc.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:54 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
lollllllllllllllllll I am laughing for the first time in a week.... you guys are killing me really. It's good to laugh.

Elmo? only if he's talking!!!!!!! I know why I love JanetDog... you're a keeper.
But really you have described maybe what a 12 year old boy wants to see. A 12 year old girl wants some
1- flowers
2- lots of pink and purple hearts
3- Zac Efron
4-some glitter gifs
5-a good girl fight with mud
: Cool

and horses!

ReyRey

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

That would not prove anything and even if it did people would just argue that it is incorrect. I wouldn't waist my time.
H2H is where we separate the Pros from the Joes. Cool

annajon

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:41 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

First the preperations for the H2H, because this year I would like a chance to enter that one.

ScionShade

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:47 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon wrote:

My hero Showcase coded it out already. He tracked all the who was voting for who, and frequency of voting, and all that stuff. At the time it was surprising..very very very very surprising to find that the inconsistencies, and occurances of monkey businesses were markedly below anybodies possible expectations. In fact not only nearly negligible, but so close to negligible that
there was little or no effect in the majority of contest.
This occured at a time when PSC appeared to be at it's worst moments of voting scam experimentation.

Designed2522

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

OK I HAD NO INTENTION OF STARTING A THREAD THAT WOULD GO ON FOR THIS LONG!!!

TIME TO END THIS ONE AND TALK ABOUT SOMETHING NEW!!! Hmmm

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

Pickles.

TheShaman

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:12 am   Reply with quote         

Pickles?!?!

How dare you bring up Pickles!
HOW DARE YOU SIR!
everyone knows they're just biased against cucumbers!
Pickles are soaked in evil
Laughing

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:14 am   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Pickles.

mmmm, pickles... and ice cream? Wink

TheShaman

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:34 am   Reply with quote         

somebody's pregnant! Laughing
How you doin Caffy!? Very Happy

well speaking of soap operas (this place)
and trying hard to change the subject....
heres THE BEST SOAP OPERA ever.

well its not really a Network Soap (I hate normal soaps), but its different, and its AWESOME

Horrible People on YouTube.
From the makers of You Suck @ Photoshop.

ENJOY!

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

If you comment on someones entry and suggest that they do something and they try to do what you said but they do not do a good job and make it worse, do you vote for it just because they tried ?

YES......if my suggestion is the reason they tried to make it better....maybe they just needed more info...or shown in a different way...How many TUTs does anyone get perfect the first try...so "the effort" they put into it and the fact that they were willing to TRY and learn something new is worth the vote alone...IT's just a VOTE anyways....why not encourage them...shit i would vote twice if i could.

WELL you asked Razz

Heinlein

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Procyon wrote:

That would not prove anything and even if it did people would just argue that it is incorrect. I wouldn't waist my time.
H2H is where we separate the Pros from the Joes. Cool

H2H or a reunion contest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - THERE IS SO MUCH FAVORITISM IN THIS JOINT!!! - Reply to topic