Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - am i the book or the cover? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

bigbuck

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:39 am   Reply with quote         

Well we all know that you are a sensitive new-age skaterpunk Matt. So quite simply......f*ck 'em....their loss.....not yours!

Granulated

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:39 am   Reply with quote         

They're probably jealous of your free-spiritednessnessness. They know not what they do !

Oscar

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah matt we all love you!

/we all do

ScionShade

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:37 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
hi all. i just came back from a good friends 30th b-day party. let me start it out this way....

i am obviously a sk8rpunk i have a fohawk i wear studs and dress in that way etc... i walked into a beautiful home w/ a lot of nicely dressed people... the complete opposite of what I'm used to.

all i got was dirty looks like what is this guy doing here... and it made me feel very shitty. no one except my friend and her immediate family talked to me. i went around and introduced my self even and still was shunned.

so i took off. I'm a nice guy i think and i keep an open mind towards things. but sometimes i get so pissed that people judge me by the way i look. hell I'm not sure why I'm writing this but other to just get peoples feed back on this situation.

has anyone been in this situation? and if so how does it make you feel?

-matt-

Yer asking honest so I'm gonna answer honest.
A: What's it yer business what's running through their heads.
B: What's it yer business to decide what you think is running through their heads is actually what's running through their heads.
C: Why would what is running through their heads effect you?
D: It doesn't matter how you look, even to people who judge by a person's looks if you are secure enough in your character to continue to act as yourself, and not as someone responding to the discomfort of their situation.
E. Being a sk8trpunk is one thing, adjusting your personality to the role of what others perceive a sk8terpunk to be certainly justifies the perceivers as correct in holding said perceptions.
F. Next time adjust yourself to ignore your appearance, allowing
those who at first may be misled by that appearance to also accept the appearance, further allowing them the opportunity to accept the person behind said appearance.
G. In this situation, IT IS PLAIN that it was you who judged people by
their appearances, judged who they were by their appearances, acted bigotedly by assuming you also know the person behind said appearance, and rejected them.
H. You sir stand accused of "projecting", and then 'ACTING' upon that
projection in an anti-social, judgmental, bigoted way.
I. Let me speak plainly. You are a hater. You are uncomfortable with being a hater, and uncomfortable with facing that fact, but are a strong enough individual that while knowing a bunch of people at PSC would blow wind up your skirt, and help you to bury this personal fault that causes you discomfort that there might also be at least one that will tell you what you need to hear. So I'll tell you. You can not just stop judging other people, but your awareness of it may keep you from sabotaging yourself in the future socially. So stay aware that you judge to quickly.
Also...really, if you are headed into a social situation where your style may be a bit overpowering, and these people you are meeting are people that you think you are going to like....go ahead and tone the style down for a bit, and let them get to know you first. Your dress, your style, your appearance is not who you are. Those who tell you to flaunt your individuality by appearance and that anyone that does not accept it is also not accepting "The Sk8terpunk" that you are 'inside' are so shallow that they would tell a person on the internet they will never meet whatever they think they want to hear just so you'll like them.
OH GAH! How week is that? Certainly that is not who you are. Don't take flattery from people you would never want to be.
I know many successful people with the most outrageous appearances.
Every one of them would never assume what people think as negative. They assume they are respected, and act as such, which by virtue of the natural order of human affairs, gains them said respect.

dewdew

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 am   Reply with quote         

You can't judge an apple, by looking at the tree.
You can't judge honey, by looking at the bee.
You cant judge a pup, by looking at the mother.
and you can't judge a book, by looking at the cover.....(damn...i wish i could remeber that songs name.)

Basically this world is full of judgemental people...the question is...Do you like who you are??...how you dress??....what you do??....because if you are o.k. with all that...them sumbeaches that looked down on you don't really matter.

Do i ever experience that...ughhh.....lets see....i have Tattoo's all down my arm, and one on my neck in mongolian that says BLACKSHEEP...i still wear my t-shirt, jeans and COWBOY boots.....i shave my head like a Marine...i wear my ball cap backwards even though i am 36 Cool..and i talk like PEPPER from the movie THE COWBOY WAY...and act like the bastard a good bit. Smile ..YEAH...i get the look alot. FUN AIN'T IT. Mr. Green

EDIT: D: It doesn't matter how you look, even to people who judge by a person's looks if you are secure enough in your character to continue to act as yourself, and not as someone responding to the discomfort of their situation......HELL YEAH.....i agree with this 101% thumleft

annajon

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 am   Reply with quote         

Telling an insecure person that he is a biggot, ScionShade.....? (G.H.I.) You make a great psychologist that way.

Would you raise you children in that same way? With those same words, to make them feel better about themselves, so they can stand their own ground in the big bad world one day? .....

The only lesson learned from this party Matt, is that next time you get invited to that friends party, you ask them, is it a dress up or come as you are party. At least you have a choice what to do with your appearance then.

And maybe you should remember that your own selfperception at the time of the party made you think those people did not want to talk to you, because you felt the odd one out. Next time, there will be a next time, it will be different. Just because you know that it is different.

annajon

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:40 am   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
You can't judge an apple, by looking at the tree.
You can't judge honey, by looking at the bee.
You cant judge a pup, by looking at the mother.
and you can't judge a book, by looking at the cover.....(damn...i wish i could remeber that songs name.)

Basically this world is full of judgemental people...the question is...Do you like who you are??...how you dress??....what you do??....because if you are o.k. with all that...them sumbeaches that looked down on you don't really matter.

Do i ever experience that...ughhh.....lets see....i have Tattoo's all down my arm, and one on my neck in mongolian that says BLACKSHEEP...i still wear my t-shirt, jeans and COWBOY boots.....i shave my head like a Marine...i wear my ball cap backwards even though i am 36 Cool..and i talk like PEPPER from the movie THE COWBOY WAY...and act like the bastard a good bit. Smile ..YEAH...i get the look alot. FUN AIN'T IT. Mr. Green

EDIT: D: It doesn't matter how you look, even to people who judge by a person's looks if you are secure enough in your character to continue to act as yourself, and not as someone responding to the discomfort of their situation......HELL YEAH.....i agree with this 101% thumleft

Yardbirds and Monkees these two bands had this song

"You can't judge a book by looking at the cover"

(Willie Dixon (1962))
You can't judge an apple by looking at the tree,
You can't judge honey by looking at the bee,
You can't judge a daughter by looking at the mother,
You can't judge a book by looking at the cover.

Oh can't you see,
Oh, well, you misjudge me.
I look like a farmer,
But I'm a lover,
Can't judge a book by looking at the cover.

Yeah, that's right,
That's so good.

You can't judge a fish by lookin' in the pond,
You can't judge right by looking at the wrong,
You can't judge one by looking at the other,

Oh can't you see,
I look like a farmer,
But I'm a Lover,

You can't judge sugar by looking at the cane,
You can't judge a woman by looking at her man,
You can't judge a sister by looking at her brother,

Oh can't you see,
I look like a farmer,
But I'm a lover,

ScionShade

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
Telling an insecure person that he is a biggot, ScionShade.....? (G.H.I.) You make a great psychologist that way.

You have a uncanny..no....I can't do it. I can not dumb myself down enough to argue with you. Carry on.

Oscar

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

I feel like we are family. Hug all around

ScionShade

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:03 am   Reply with quote         

Ok , I can try at least. I called what he 'did' bigoted, which wasn't even a proper use of the word, but assumed the VERY MINOR point would be taken for it was.
YOU come in, and in righteous agony at my unjustified statement call
the very guy you are supposed to be defending, a very offensive "insecure".
You are 'projecting', assuming that I think he is insecure, when I do not.
You judged the guy unfairly, and then continued to insult him for no other apparent reason than that you can not resist the opportunity to argue with me whenever I speak to someone other than you.
Sk8 asked a question of everyone. Being one of those included in 'everyone' , I answered him.
I did not ask you for your opinion and derision at all.
What I said to Sk8 really isn't your business to judge.
I have put this as nicely as I can. Quit annoying boy named Anna.

annajon

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Ok , I can try at least. I called what he 'did' bigoted, which wasn't even a proper use of the word, but assumed the VERY MINOR point would be taken for it was.
YOU come in, and in righteous agony at my unjustified statement call
the very guy you are supposed to be defending, a very offensive "insecure".
You are 'projecting', assuming that I think he is insecure, when I do not.
You judged the guy unfairly, and then continued to insult him for no other apparent reason than that you can not resist the opportunity to argue with me whenever I speak to someone other than you.
Sk8 asked a question of everyone. Being one of those included in 'everyone' , I answered him.
I did not ask you for your opinion and derision at all.
What I said to Sk8 really isn't your business to judge.
I have put this as nicely as I can. Quit annoying boy named Anna.

This is not the place for arguments like that ScionShade, and you know that.

And perhaps when you say that this boy "Anna" is "projecting" you could even be right. At least I have the unsatisfactory luxeoury of knowing first hand what being insecure means, and what it does to a person when faced with a very unexpected situation. But you see, ScionShade, this boy "Anna" also learned the hard way, that the NEXT time, when you have been in a situation before, you know you can handle it, when you allow yourself the chance to go back.

And if saying that comes accross as "projecting" well, that is your hang up, not mine. I would call it sharing an experiance to help a friend.

Have a great weekend.

ScionShade

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes

mikey

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:41 am   Reply with quote         

There are always going to be people that don't like you no matter what you look like or what music you listen too. but remember this "We all bleed red!" what a person sow's they will surley reap the same. don't let others steal your joy! Very Happy peace. Cool

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:26 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
I feel like we are family. Hug all around
... Hug me too...ME TOO. Laughing

Quote:
There are always going to be people that don't like you no matter what you look like or what music you listen too. but remember this "We all bleed red!" what a person sow's they will surley reap the same. don't let others steal your joy! peace.

...yeah...don't let them steal your stuff....remember....If it bleeds....you can kill it. Twisted Evil ...that is sorta what mikey said..... Angel

Thanks AJ....i knew some Hmmm of the words...but not who sang it.....the one i remember had a sorta.. Molly Hatchet/Skynard sound....maybe the HILLBILLY part of the world i live in. Laughing ...The MONKEE's...hell no....could not have been them.....Now the Yardbirds...that is prolly it....i hope the hell it was not the Monkee's version...if i had known...i would have threw that sumbeach out the window.....Sorry if anyone is a Monkee fan.. scratch ..DO THEY HAVE FANS? Laughing

Matt they were looking at ya.....and snickering.....i know how them bastards are....but thats o.k....i was making fun of his BUSTERBROWNS.....and the girl with her nose in the air...looking like she smelled shit.....SHE DID.....i had just farted...it was silent...but the kind that you have to shake out.....lingered is a understatement....Lets just say the cabbage in the egg roll was working it's magic. Embarassed

Scion....stop....now your projecting how everyone is feeling...Matt..the guest...you...anna..... Hug we love you too....accept it...you know you love us...SAY IT...SAY IT DAM'MIT....ooops..times up.....we can continue this next session...just keep saying "it's o.k to love"....over and over. Razz You know i'm just joshing ya Shade,...i know your a swell guy...Now go hug that kiddy and hide them eggs, and no stealling all the chocolate.

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

wait a minute lol

I was 6 years old and Davy Jones was my hero... I was a monkees' fan and had a temper tantrum at 6 for white gogo boots... okay I admit it not cool but you found the only Monkee fan at Psc! Twisted Evil

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - am i the book or the cover? - Reply to topic