Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - am i the book or the cover? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

annajon

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:52 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
wait a minute lol

I was 6 years old and Davy Jones was my hero... I was a monkees' fan and had a temper tantrum at 6 for white gogo boots... okay I admit it not cool but you found the only Monkee fan at Psc! Twisted Evil

I used to like hey hey we're the monkees show as well on tv

Oscar

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
Oscar wrote:
I feel like we are family. Hug all around
... Hug me too...ME TOO. Laughing

I was being sarcastic bro.

splodge

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

my first ever album was the monkees album Smile

Hallcross Toots
splodge

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:35 pm   Reply with quote         

you are one of the above, i know for a fact i'm the biggest, I get a job and i'm a boss in months, join a site and i'm a moderator, (after 4 long years) Very Happy

Hallcross Toots
WhimSea

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I love the Monkees! I love Matty, too! Hug

ok, so you know everywhere you go there is some sort of dress code, even if it was unspoken.... so did you think it was going to be a skaterpunk party, that would explain why you dressed as such for someone else's party. You could dress a little less skaterpunk for a party and still be one. You know for girls they always say you put on several pieces of jewelry but always remove at least one of them before actually going out the door... perhaps a few less studs for you sometimes?

I detest business attire, suit jackets and such. I like cotton, dammit! Very Happy But I just wear nice simple designed slacks and tops & sweaters to my liking without being a slob, without losing the design details of clothing that I like, but without looking like everyone else.

Yesterday, I wore an Easter hat --- all day! I have an annual make and wear an easter bonnet contest, give prizes out and of course make and wear my own. Just for a day they put up with my silly hat. But in the end they always are having more fun for the day because it is fun and silly. When I first started working there, the other artist and I used to wear hats all day, nearly everyday - because it was funny! But the group I'm with now aren't nearly as quick to have fun and be funny, so I be myself as quietly as possible... except for special days, when I remind them that I'm fun to be around.

And Matt, until those other people realize you're fun to be around, maybe you can just tame your inner self down a bit from time to time -- until they say, "hey, that Matt is a great guy! A fun to be around, kinda crazy sk8rpunk guy!" By then, they'll hardly notice the spike collar and punker hair!

Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

wow splodge and I have something in common Laughing btw your bunny ears are terrific and the dog is so funny wearing them enjoyed that! Very Happy

dewdew

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

you are one of the above, i know for a fact i'm the biggest, I get a job and i'm a boss in months, join a site and i'm a moderator, (after 4 long years) Very Happy

I'm the fifth one....it's real small....i swear..it's there....no wait that was a period... Laughing

Oscar ..no shit....you were being sarcastic...YOU...of all people....SARCASTIC.. Laughing ...it's just a hug....maybe you should come with Shade on the next Session....Hell matter of fact....Shade you can sit the next one out.....i have a feeling Oscar may require the whole hour. Cool

MONKEE fans... Doh! ...what the hell is this place coming to Twisted Evil i bearly remember the monkee's..I'm a spring chicken you know...not born til 72....sadly i missed the GROOVY 60's...and the drugs....but i have more than tried to make up for the latter. I do remember the Monkee's lunchboxes and Sandbuggy Smile

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Dew
you missed Jimmy Hendrix and Morrison and Joplin....... you poor poor Dew. -- Laughing I am not that much older than you but I loved Mickey Dolin too and did you know one of them thinking it's Mike Nesmith's mom invented Post-It Notes..... just interesting facts.

I may have more miles on the car but but I can get right manic and run circles around you spring chickens. lol Twisted Evil

dewdew

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:00 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
Dew
you missed Jimmy Hendrix and Morrison and Joplin....... you poor poor Dew. -- Laughing I am not that much older than you but I loved Mickey Dolin too and did you know one of them thinking it's Mike Nesmith's mom invented Post-It Notes..... just interesting facts.

I may have more miles on the car but but I can get right manic and run circles around you spring chickens. lol Twisted Evil

i think that was whiteout she made.....not post its.... Laughing Laughing Shocked see that age is getting to ya. Hug ....i still love ya.....Morrison.....now there is a brother that took LSD a might too often....nice music....fried brain....Hell my mom use to listen to motown....and that damn beachmusic..every Saturday while cleaning......when i hear the Beachboys, i smell pine-sol.. Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

You are right it was Liquid Paper I give you that one........

pinesol and beachboys... rargh... surfin USa meant watching thebubbles run down the toilet after it was clean?

maybe you sniffed too much pinesol in your formative years
and you know i am kidding on you. Twisted Evil

delia

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Similar situations with us, but not "exactly" the same... We are in a tight circle of 30-something aged friends. We are the only ones with kids, heck until last year, the only ones that were married or even dating seriously!

We are always invited to BBQ's and parties, with the kids. However, I always end up feeling like we are annoying the other guests somehow (or should I say, my kids are) and end up leaving.

Last weekend, for example, we went to our friend's kegs N eggs party on Saturday. The kids were all starving, and at 11 am when the party was a couple hours into it, breakfast was still cooking! Combine hungry kids with a 1 year old Rottweiler puppy who wants to jump and knock them down every two minutes.

I ended up leaving with the kids and leaving the hubby behind to party.

I think you did the right thing. When you got uncomfortable, you bailed. Your friends got the benefit of knowing you cared enough to drop by and make an effort, but it just wasn't working out.

Smile Sucks to be the odd ball in the group, eh? The kids and I end up leaving EVERY party way early because we just stick out like sore thumbs.

http://www.track4va.com
Martrex

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:06 pm   Reply with quote         

The only way to get through this world, often is to be cold and say "The hell with them. I don't need to please anyone. If I'm happy with me then that is all that matters."

If not you wind up banging your head against a wall for the rest of our life. As you try to figure out what everyone else wants and needs or how to please them.

After you accomplish the F... them attitude your life will be a lot easier. A simple daily life of answering only to yourself and dancing to your own drummer.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 pm   Reply with quote         

granted i did ask for everyones thoughts and i do appreciate them and the advice that was given by all.

i forgot to say that it was a where what you want party i wore geans a studded belt and a black sk8 t-shirt w/ a jacket nothing fancy nothing to over the top in my book.

i don't give a shit how people look/wear clothes etc. i made it a point to go and introduce myself to people. the girl whos house it was didn't even take the time to welcome me in. i talked at tried to make small talks about laura who was the honored b-day girl. they looked at me and turned around and started continuing talking to the people they knew.

i dress they way i want i feel comfortable w/ it.... and my house was more spotless than hers im a clean keept guy no mess very organized and have few possions beside my cars.

after getting home i hooked up w/ my neighbor and went to another party. most of them were hippies a few punks bussniess men and women a well rounded group and everyone was very nice to me and i didn't know anyone they offered me drinks etc and they welcomed me in. this is how i'm used to being surrounded in places partys etc.

but the looks and rudeness i got from the other place really pissed me off. so i bolted what eves.. hell their was even naked people walking around at the 2nd place. everyone got a long just find i found my self talking w/ a nude couple a bussiness man and a punk at one time... durring the many conversations i had through out the night.

basically i had fun there and it was preppy hippy bussniess punk and nude like i said well rounded no probs and felt very welcomed. i hope you now understand the reason i was upset.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Is it me? or did NGSP leave the building...and leave everyone to ramble... Laughing OK, this is funny, and kinda sad Smile Confused a few years back, when my nephew was about 4 yo, he was invited to a birthday party, and all the kids were a few years older, so he was the odd-ball out, my mother was there, and she said she found him off in a corner crying, she asked him what was wrong, and he said , with tears in his eyes, "That nobody wants to know me", well she didn't know weather to laugh or cry, now it's an expression we use to tease Eric, he's now 12, and thinks it's funny, cuz now, everyone wants to know him, I can tell ya, I showed this kid PS, and he picked it up like no-other, he's been chompin at the bit to join here, don't worry NG, next month all those uppity folks will start wearing Mohawks, and studs, that's when you get a nice suit, shave, get a haircut, wash your ass... and look down at them all Twisted Evil Laughing now carry on

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:41 pm   Reply with quote         

there you are! Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - am i the book or the cover? - Reply to topic