Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wanna see the garden? - Reply to topic

delia

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Here are pics of our garden that we've been building this week at the garden show. (Hence no chops... ) Tomorrow the show opens, and we will be judged before opening. Hoping to win any sort of prize for our class (they divide you into small, med, large based on your square footage of display space.)

I copied this from an email to a friend, so if it all doesn't make sense, you'll get why... and I am too tired and lazy to edit it all for you. Razz

-----------------------

First, our garden from across the path through the arena. Standing back as far as I can (actually into another display patio, hence the pine tree on the right) I am not sure how clear it is, but there is an antique white wire planting rack in the center with some wine glasses and bottle of wine on it, that will match the white wire chairs and wicker table that will go in the center for furnishings points. All antiques, from our friend's antique store, on loan.

The left side of the display. A stacked stone wall with a matching waterfall (water will come out in a sheet) with an antique chandelier (furnishings point, there) Plants on this side are tulips, begonias, an azalea, a braided ficus tree, primrose, a japanese variety of pussy willow that is all curly and twirly (which no one else at the show has) some trailing greenery around the pond area, and hens and chicks tucked in the crags of the wall (and the waterfall wall, too) Tomorrow adding in some polka dot plants and some herbs low along the wall.

The right side of the display. A manufactured block terraced planter with a forced forsythia, azaleas, oriental lillies, tulips, a hanging fuscia, primrose and some more herbs & Polka dot plants to be added in the a.m.

The front planter, sort of a half circle shape, along the path through the gardens, daffodils, hydrangea and azalea in there....

Lastly, the random patterned cobble stone pavers leading to and from the "patio" area. Note the big rectangle left open? That is for the ridiculously COOL art project that Dave did. A mariner's star inlaid into a patio stone (with marble and black galaxy granite.... No pics of that yet, it is upside down and drying on my table right now.)

Thanks for peeking! If you made it this far, you deserve chocolate chip cookies!!

http://www.track4va.com

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

So, where's my cookies?

Evil or Very Mad

Loverly garden, by the way.

Heinlein

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         

What a beautiful garden Exclamation

This something to be very proud of.

Thanks for sharing Smile

delia

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:02 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
So, where's my cookies?

Evil or Very Mad

Loverly garden, by the way.

Here ya go, DP... I didn't know what kind you liked. Very Happy

http://sp1.yt-thm-a01.yimg.com/image/25/m5/3201215828

Oscar

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Looking great... strikes me that there is no water fountain. Most of the garden/landscaping shows I go to they have some sort of middle thing... like a water fountain or a statue. Anything like that on your display? Very Happy

MindGraph

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:18 pm   Reply with quote         

My wife and I love these shows! That is a butt load of stone work you all did. Looks awesome! I take it that fireplace was built on site? Really nice to look at all your pics.
Thanks! Wink

janetdog

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Looking great... strikes me that there is no water fountain. Most of the garden/landscaping shows I go to they have some sort of middle thing... like a water fountain or a statue. Anything like that on your display? Very Happy

That is the water feature. The water comes out in sheets.

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Janet is correct. It is a sheeting type of waterfall on the left side, not a fire place. Our original plans for a fireplace fell through (and the other gardeners have like 8 or 9 fireplaces in the ice rink where the gardens all are...) But in the pic, the water isn't on yet, so it is hard to tell. You could chop some into there for me! Smile

So, we changed it to a waterfall. There is quite a large pond type area below it, behind the stone wall.

My hubby did most of the stone work, as being preggers I can't lift those big dogs, but I did help artistically by bossing him around that I didn't like a particular stone or whatever.

There are several water gardens in place, two of which are larger in their pond areas alone than our whole garden space! Smile

delia

Post Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh, and for reference, we've been working on this Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, from 8 or 9 a.m. to 9 at night, and today we worked from 11 to 4 or so, just to give you an idea of how long it takes to build it all with essentially one person doing it all. (We've had minimal help, sadly.)

annajon

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:58 am   Reply with quote         

That is a very nice garden you have there, D. And building it went very fast as well with only one person ... wow.... Great idea that water feature in the fireplace. I hope you have lots of good responses during the show.

dewdew

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:47 am   Reply with quote         

Dang Delia...i though you were posting nude pics.....you know....of your garden Shocked .....i for the life of me did not know what for.. scratch ..your hubby has done sewed enough oats in it...POOR fellow....4 girls.... Doh! ..it's all your fault with your over powering Y cromo's.. Laughing ..or all the heavy lifting you make him do is messing with his weebles... Smile if ya'll get a mountain, and a sawmill....you can be like the WALTON'S. Laughing but with out JIM-BOB's and JOHN-boy's...just SUE-ELLEN's......Nice pic's of the exihibit....hope ya'll get top place...Y'all both have done a great job...and i will add you some water...but it will be a little Chalk free, as i still have not mastered the whole Chalk PIC tut... Sad . But don't worry it's not your TUT...it's my skills. Laughing

ScionShade

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

I'm just saying..........the money is in pondless waterfalls right now.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Wanna see the garden? - Reply to topic