Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Brilliant Idea - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Oscar

Post Thu May 22, 2008 3:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Bringing more people to the site? or kicking out people already here?

Instead of focusing in bringing people, why not focus on making users already here feel more welcome?
Bring back the Mega Prize!

Showcase

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I dont think the idea was that EVERYONE had to do it.
There are all sorts of competitions out there that the casual enthusiast likes to watch but cant compete in. sheesh. Do any of these have a prize for the guy that rides his bike on the weekend but can NOT do the tour de francisco??

Bike races, car races, photography contests, midget wrestling, etc.

If you cant compete at the level thats needed, you watch. thats how it works. I dont see how an ADDED feature would force people to leave a site that still has the same thing they've always liked.

most of you arent making any sense.

Rey, good idea. I love being a spectator Razz

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Next time I go to a UFC fight night I'm gonna demand a sponsorship contract for spectating or else Im not GOING! hrmph!

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:12 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
The regular contests would still take place. The money prize would just be an occasional thing. What is wrong with bringing more people to the site??
With all due respect, Mr. Rey˛, you idea is in stark contrast with the current prevailing PSC trend of patting everybody on the back, independent of the quality of the submitted images.

dewdew

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

My son who is the baby of the kids (10 y.o) plays Dixie Youth baseball and my youngest girl plays softball.....both are better than i was at thier age. My son's nickname is "TUFF" he is a chubby kid....very active, and in great shape...he just has a body for football.....going to make one hell of a lineman....i don't see running back in his future....poor boy is flatfooted as a duck and runs like Fred Flinstone Laughing . My oldest Daughter is a cheerleader in high school, runs track(cross country), and plays softball too. Their FATHER (ME) taught them everything, and now...they even strike out my ass....and i have played all my life, as far back as STRAIGHT BASES Cool . My youngest daughter just caught her first pop-up, while having a forced run to thirdbase.....so she made two outs during the hit. My son just threw his first double play during a game. All 3 make good grades....although my youngest daughter has epilepsy...she does not let it slow her one bit. She takes no shit from anyone...and AGE don't matter...she will tell it like it is....she makes me look timid. She makes me so proud twisted: ....so, i don't know about TODAY's kids....but DEW's kids are no pansies. (this is what ya'll hear anyway) Laughing

Now your thinking...WTF?......this is about money H2H....not kids....and your right.....so let me tie the two together. About the money.....i ain't got any....prolly ain't getting any...See,.... it's those Damn kids....when they walk by....i can feel money slipping from my grip...So....i guess if it does start being part of PSC....i'll look at that page too......NOW if ya need some quick cash REY...and while we are waiting Rolling Eyes Argh on round 2 of the H2H.....WE can have a BIKE auction..... Shocked .....i know. Crying or Very sad .......but you could have a reserve price...so .....i got $500 to start it off.....do i here 750......750.....we got 750....do i here a thou.........one thou.....we got one......any one going 1250.....rey tell us about the bike.....these people are hungry.

ReyRey

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
I dont think the idea was that EVERYONE had to do it.
There are all sorts of competitions out there that the casual enthusiast likes to watch but cant compete in. sheesh. Do any of these have a prize for the guy that rides his bike on the weekend but can NOT do the tour de francisco??

Bike races, car races, photography contests, midget wrestling, etc.

If you cant compete at the level thats needed, you watch. thats how it works. I dont see how an ADDED feature would force people to leave a site that still has the same thing they've always liked.

most of you arent making any sense.

Rey, good idea. I love being a spectator Razz

Thanks. I thought I was nuts for a second there. Now I know I am. Laughing Wink
Thanks for the support. I don't see the big deal. If you don't want to play, don't. I go to the poker sites all the time but I don't play for money. I still have fun.

Showcase

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

you cant do that dewdew...unless everyone can ride a bike and has the cash to cover the highest bid. Its the PSC way.

Why can't we all just share it. Rey will ride it to me, I'll take Rey home, I'll ride to your place, you can drive me home, etc.

We just need to talk Proc into paying all the gas so we can slap each others back when we meet.

YAY!

Post Thu May 22, 2008 4:41 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
ReyRey wrote:
The regular contests would still take place. The money prize would just be an occasional thing. What is wrong with bringing more people to the site??
With all due respect, Mr. Rey˛, you idea is in stark contrast with the current prevailing PSC trend of patting everybody on the back, independent of the quality of the submitted images.

Your right. Everybody should be president. Shocked
See what happens when you let underachievers slide through the cracks. You get President Bush. Shocked

Post Thu May 22, 2008 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

people it shouldn't be about money

ReyRey

Post Thu May 22, 2008 6:54 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
people it shouldn't be about money

It's not about money. It's about fun and competition and getting others interested. The website is about art. This is just a fun side thing. You don't have to play if you don't want.
It's not that big of a deal. Really. Rolling Eyes

Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it would be better Rey if it was divided up into three levels of ability. That way anyone with any kind of talent can enjoy the game. You guys are so competitive here and I am not so much but I do enjoy chopping. I want to enjoy having fun too but when it's always about the win and the winning chop and so much about that kind of thing it gets kind of ________ not sure what word we need.

I am no stick in the mud. I like change. I just like for everyone to be included and it not be so much about just the elite chop. I don't care for being called pussy, little guy, whiner that needs a backpat. That's disrespectful . And showcase don't you be shaking that thing at me now! lol

I am short on cash with the gas bills food bills so high so I guess I won't be playing anyhow and I want you guys to have fun but can't you find ways to make it fun and cheap for all? Or should I forget that idea? Really not trying to be evil about this at all. Razz

cafn8d

Post Thu May 22, 2008 8:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I am unlikely to participate in a game like ReyRey has suggested, but I do agree with him and Showcase. (I also agree with Blue: I don't happen to like having money and other prizes become more and more the focus of PSC when it used to be about learning. However, that's already become the course of change and is really a separate issue, I think.) This proposed game would be just another additional and occasional "feature" of the site. If you don't feel you can compete on the playing field where the game is going to be held, stay in the bleachers. And, if you don't like this game, develop your own to share with the site! No contest or game will ever suit everyone... so there's no need to try to make it "one size fits all." So what if this one doesn't fit you? Just don't play. Make some other game that fits you and others will join. We need less naysaying and more effort put into creating and following through with more activities.

As for making this type of H2H divided into "levels," you know that some hustler will make a fake account with a wimpy portfolio just to join in a money/points H2H at a lower level and wallop his/her competition from out of nowhere. And how to do you prove that user was a hustler and not just blessed with a lucky stroke of inspiration?

Post Thu May 22, 2008 8:29 pm   Reply with quote         

I promise not to post on the forum. I promise. I promise just to watch. Point taken again and again and again. You people don't really need me to put the seal on it so have fun with it. I hope it's all that and some chips. Really. No more arguing about it. Done.

ReyRey

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:02 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
I promise not to post on the forum. I promise. I promise just to watch. Point taken again and again and again. You people don't really need me to put the seal on it so have fun with it. I hope it's all that and some chips. Really. No more arguing about it. Done.
Hug Hug Hug

Oscar

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

This is the Stupidest idea ever, bringing money to the table would only cause trouble. We already have issues with people complaining about vote whoring and friendly votes, and thats only based on free daily contest were nothing is up for grabs. So when you have people chopping for money and this issues comes back
( because it will ) users are going to think they are being cheated out of their money.

Now, your idea is valid... I have contributed to a large amount of stupid ideas dooring my stay here too.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Brilliant Idea - Reply to topic