Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - spray paint art - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:07 am   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
The techniques shown are rather fun and nice too watch.

But I'm not too impressed about results. Looking at the guy's portfolio shows a general same theme. Kinda lacks in inspiration. ( www.sprej.com )

But nonetheless nice to see how they're made Smile

hmm, you're right. None of the ones in the portfolio look that great, not nearly as high in quality as the one in the video, either. maybe they are just old ones; there are definitely ones in there that are really old.

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:28 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

hmm...I did like that one, at least up until the palm trees. those things completely ruined the image, they are way too big. he should have done little, small ones.

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:33 am   Reply with quote         

Yeah! It gives an idea about different techniques, that can be something interesting... but this is super cheap stuff!
If he really wants to do spray paint art, he has to try an airbrush & work on a draw for one week or more.

patim

Post Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
Yeah! It gives an idea about different techniques, that can be something interesting... but this is super cheap stuff!
If he really wants to do spray paint art, he has to try an airbrush & work on a draw for one week or more.

Yeh, but it gives you something to think about. What if he doesn't make it in 8 minutes, but spents a whole week on it. That must be great than. See waht he establish in 8 minutes. That's the kick of it. I wish that I could make a chop nearly as well in 8 minutes Confused

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:59 am   Reply with quote         

patim wrote:
Yeh, but it gives you something to think about. What if he doesn't make it in 8 minutes, but spents a whole week on it. That must be great than. See waht he establish in 8 minutes. That's the kick of it. I wish that I could make a chop nearly as well in 8 minutes Confused

Sure! It's always interesting to see an artist live.
Mmmm... I dont dream about doing a nice chop in 8 minutes. Often it takes to me few days only to find a good idea. Sure in 8 minutes I'll do always & only crap! Smile

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:03 am   Reply with quote         

most interesting part was him inverting the can and spraying to make the meteor trail. very cool, imho.

Micose

Post Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:51 am   Reply with quote         

okay, yea they are thousands of guys like this in the street, in Paris too, this one is very average quality, he applies all techniques with a fast hand..;good point...but of course the result is really kitsch... but its possible to do so much more interesting stuffs with this technique . (always this, even the best technique should at least use some creativity)
EJH

Post Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:24 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Bob Ross would be proud.
I saw a great pair of halloween costumes over the weekend... a guy dressed up as Bob Ross (complete with 'fro & paint palette). His girlfriend was dressed in brown, with leaves all over her clothes... she was a happy little tree.

Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - spray paint art - Reply to topic