Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - zeitgeist movie - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ssshisto

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Opinion, opinion, opinion... Everyones points make sense when limiting them to their own opinion, but when they are pointed out as if they are fact, it gets annoying... ( no offense ) but like reinmans comment on a war of lies is an opinion and should not be sated as if it is 100% a war of lies... anyway who likes ice cream? Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

ReinMan

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:46 pm   Reply with quote         

ssshisto wrote:
Opinion, opinion, opinion... Everyones points make sense when limiting them to their own opinion, but when they are pointed out as if they are fact, it gets annoying... ( no offense ) but like reinmans comment on a war of lies is an opinion and should not be sated as if it is 100% a war of lies... anyway who likes ice cream? Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

1) I'm pretty sure EVERY war ever fought has had its share of lies

2) I love ice cream. Rocky Road please (and I'm NOT trying to be ironic. I LOVE Rocky Road ice cream. Now... BRING ME SOME!)

Cool

-------------------------------------------

Opinions are like butt-holes.
We ALL have them.*
And some of them stink.

Smile Razz

* Me Included

cafn8d

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

ssshisto wrote:

"War of lies" is, technically, an opinionated statement, you're right. But ANY war, whether you support it or question it, is *not* less important than Paris Hilton.

In the U.S., people with health insurance ("full benefits" through employment, even!), often cannot get the medical treatments their doctors recommend because the insurance companies find--or create!--some way to refuse to cover the treatments. Claims are denied, copays and employee-portions of premiums are raised, and people WITH insurance are going bankrupt. But Paris Hilton gets higher ratings.

ssshisto

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:55 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
ssshisto wrote:

"War of lies" is, technically, an opinionated statement, you're right. But ANY war, whether you support it or question it, is *not* less important than Paris Hilton.

In the U.S., people with health insurance ("full benefits" through employment, even!), often cannot get the medical treatments their doctors recommend because the insurance companies find--or create!--some way to refuse to cover the treatments. Claims are denied, copays and employee-portions of premiums are raised, and people WITH insurance are going bankrupt. But Paris Hilton gets higher ratings.

I 100% agree however it is not the medias fault for spending so much time on dumb celebraties, but the peoples fault for lapping it up...

and to reinman I love rocky road too!!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:00 pm   Reply with quote         

How is this not the media's fault? You see ppl picketing the stations for Paris Hilton interviews? bah...media sux. They shove that stuff down our throats 'cause it's easier than researching a worthy story

Rocky Road, huh? mmmm, sounds great!

ssshisto

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
How is this not the media's fault? You see ppl picketing the stations for Paris Hilton interviews? bah...media sux. They shove that stuff down our throats 'cause it's easier than researching a worthy story

They wouldn't show it if people didn't watch it because they lose money... If the majority of people didn't watch it ( which they do ) the media wouldn't show it... Its all about money...

ReinMan

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:12 pm   Reply with quote         

(for the record - I am NOT a violent person normally. But I shall submit this CHOP non the less, as it IS a CHOP and this is a site about CHOPPING.)

ssshisto wrote:
Eve wrote:

They wouldn't show it if people didn't watch it because they lose money... If the majority of people didn't watch it ( which they do ) the media wouldn't show it... Its all about money...

it's funny... (not HA HA funny) but i do my best to control how I watch stuff. I tend to tape (well DVD) stuff off the TV and then watch it at my own pace, skipping almost ALL of the commercials and most of the "news" breaks. But stuff still gets through. I don't know if I'm ready to toss out my TV yet, but it is getting close.

If you want to disconnect from the MEDIA and ADVERTISING BRAINWASHERS you have to PAY CASH for the right (satalite radio / cable TV specialty channels / etc.)

Thanks be to Buddha and Moses and the Seven Beer Drinking Saints that I can still squeeze my accordion without someone trying to sell me pomagranite flavoured lube gel!! There is still SOME Capitalist-Free entertainment left! Very Happy

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

10-1 odds -- if a group of my friends and I stood outside the local station protesting Paris' coverage, they'd come out to interview us...then air a pic of Paris pouting.

ScionShade

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Meanwhile, there are lots of people here already familiar with
everything on this film, and what in this film has been not so carefully
twisted to serve the producers' agenda.
There is an abundance of misinformation and outright fantasy here.
It would truly be good to see anyone who feels suddenly enlightened by this film to actually invest more effort into it and compare it to
information that is already available , check other sources.
The films FIRST several list of facts concern historical and mythological figures who all have several things in common. They all had several of these items in common,
they were born of a virgin,
they had 12 disciples,
the were crucified,
they died,
they were resurrected after three days...
plus a few other items, which culminates in
them all having occured BEFORE the biggest fraud of all, Jesus the Christ.
Did no one recognize these figures? I know I learned about them even in elementary school...
cross reference them yourselves.
The son of Zeus was not born of a virgin, blah blah blah--it's all made up, it's not a part of historical record nor mythology.
If you got past these first several minutes and felt confident enough to continue being enlightened and did so, congratulations.
I am in full support of anyone going out there and learning all they can about the truths of the world around them. Please don't
be so gullible.
It's not my business to put other members personal views into this forum, but of the several members on this site who have had in depth
co-study, analysis, and sharing of this information over these last years--all of whom are not on my conservative side of the aisle...
please, direct these curious people to the real evidences, show them what 1913 is all about, if you can, please explain why this film is different from anything before, that the twist it takes is not only misleading but 180 degrees from the truth, blaming those who have fought to
bring this information to the world in the first as the actual cause.
I really can not get further involved in this discussion. I do not know how to even begin to converse with people suddenly joining my team..
apparently because they so easily believe we are the enemy...what a mess....holy cow.
The Rockefellers are laughing to tears on this one.
Even the brazen title..I wouldn't be surprised if this did become zeitgeist.

Embarassed

leif

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I love that this thread is going... scion, you're a good guy and a smart fucker... i'd love to see your rebuttle on the movie.. prove it wrong... i'll listen and learn and make my own opinions. The only reason i posted it was cus it made me ask my own questions and I think that's a good thing. I would never ask anyone to believe everything in the flick. I'd like everyone to question this movie as much as we question what media tells us... America is the land of the free, right?... exersise that right!

btw.. paris hilton is fucking hot and i would totaly buy her breakfast in the morning.

right or wrong, scion, it's great that it exists. It's a shame that websites that host the movie have suddenly been ebolished or that it's getting taken of youtube 5 times a day ( i heard that somewhere i dont know if it's true)... anyway, i'm going to go out and get drunk... L8r

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:26 pm   Reply with quote         

another thing... go check our presidential candidate Ron Paul for the republicans... he's got some good things to say and he's being totaly snuffed out by US media... it's actaly comical how obvious it is when you look into it

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I love your attitude Leif. And I aint being sarcastic---
actually--if you really are curious...the link in my siggy
to my little piece of the web there---on that page in left column you will see "TERRORLAND".
Now that leads to Dan Hopsicker, he is not someone on my conservative side but he's lived here in town since 9/11 and he is quite possibly the most respected authority on a lot of the more recent stuff, and a bit more.

ReinMan

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Ah.... a silence rings out across the land....

*crickets chirping*

It appears that this thread is coming to a completion without any major bloodshed! Yay, there's HOPE!!!! Very Happy

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Ah.... a silence rings out across the land....

*crickets chirping*

It appears that this thread is coming to a completion without any major bloodshed! Yay, there's HOPE!!!! Very Happy

could be the weekend too

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Very thought-provoking stuff. Thanks for posting the link.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - zeitgeist movie - Reply to topic