Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Letter to America - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOM!!!! rambo

but in a more English, less kilt wearing Scottish way Laughing

mastermason

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:20 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
YOU'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOM!!!! rambo

but in a more English, less kilt wearing Scottish way Laughing

Problem with the English is that when they play it's all about England. Yet when the Scots or the Irish play they want credit for that as well by claiming its Great Britain.

supak0ma

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:28 am   Reply with quote         

i have to say, i was impressed by the u.s. team, not bad at all, you lucked out because england choked (and that never happened in a world cup Razz) and scored a ridicolous goal, but all in all you're getting better, i liked that forward Altidore, super fast!

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:32 am   Reply with quote         

mastermason wrote:

Problem with the English is that when they play it's all about England. Yet when the Scots or the Irish play they want credit for that as well by claiming its Great Britain.

the Irish have nothing to do with us, unless you mean Northern Ireland, Ireland though is not part of Great Britain.

Oh and we allowed all countries to de-evolve and vote to separate from us and become independent, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and all voted to stay part of the the Union of Great Britain.

In the Olympics, we are Great Britain, why I have no idea what so ever, just the way it has always been.

In the World Cup we are England, and believe me, we as English, have never tried to take credit anything the Scots, Welsh or Northern Irish have done on a football pitch Rolling Eyes infact we are only interested in them losing, and losing hard.

anfa

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:11 am   Reply with quote         

mastermason wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
You don't know what you are talking about!!! We always want Scotland to get beat and they always want us to get beat.
Ireland pffft! In the 1994 World Cup most of the team was English!! Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

and a good few of them were in 1990 too

Bluesbro

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
supak0ma wrote:
Bluesbro wrote:
Is that what makes it sounds like there were bees buzzing all game. Very annoying for sure. I try to like soccer (ok, football Rolling Eyes) but it is SO boring. And every time someone actually tries to make an offensive move you can bet one or the other of the players near the ball will fall down as if hit by a shotgun blast ... but on replay there was maybe minimal contact if any. And don't even get me started on the freakin prima donnas that get carried off on a stretcher, only to return to the field (ok, pitch Rolling Eyes ) 5 minutes later. Rule change number 1 ... if you get carried out on a stretcher your out of the game wimp. If most of those folks would just run the play out they may actually make the game somewhat exciting. Instead, they flop down and roll in agony and waste a minute or two while the ref holds up a card ... just play the game and stop the academy award auditions pussies.

have you ever played a football match? if not i suggest you shut up. Wink

I second that... shut the fuck up... bet you're a yankee...

I realize the boring comment is my opinion, and totally relative. And I respect your opinions. But what part of anything else I said is not true? The games continuity is ruined by players feigning a near death experience every time two people get within a foot of each other. On slow motion replays it looked like the majority of the time the players were falling down on their own. Wouldn't it be more exciting if they tried to play through the contact a little? They may even force more scoring opportunities Surprised Oh no, can't have that ... lol.

Maybe someone with a more distant perspective can offer some constructive critisism that someone so ingrained in tradition cannot? Yankee or no, I am just calling them as I see them. Feel free to engage in a non name calling debate and prove me wrong.

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

ɐılɐɹʇsn∀ uo ǝɯoƆ

annajon

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
ɐılɐɹʇsn∀ uo ǝɯoƆ

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

annajon

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

After looking at the score card for the matches played sofar, I am puzzled about something.

Is there a quota set for each game, like 2 goals, that have to be distributed between the teams? And are these 2 goals - when they are not used in one match - to be used in the next match?

Not to put to fine a point to it, but 90 minutes, and only complaints about the ball being too heavy (for the South American teams) or too light (for the European teams) and too whimsical for the rest of the world....
And still no scores????? Where is the fun?

anfa

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Bluesbro wrote:
I realize the boring comment is my opinion, and totally relative. And I respect your opinions. But what part of anything else I said is not true? The games continuity is ruined by players feigning a near death experience every time two people get within a foot of each other. On slow motion replays it looked like the majority of the time the players were falling down on their own. Wouldn't it be more exciting if they tried to play through the contact a little? They may even force more scoring opportunities Surprised Oh no, can't have that ... lol.

Well I agree with this aspect of what you say.

There is far to much diving, and faking injury in football. The English team unfortunately has a few players that will dive to get an advantage, but this actually is only now and then. The influx of continental players into our leagues has heightened this, as there was a time not so long ago you would never see an English player dive.

However, If an English player goes down injured 99 out 100 times he has an actual problem, the main thing that annoys me is the continental attitude to roll around like you say they have been shot.

If you are injured (I mean truly injured), you don't move far, you certainly don't grab the injury then start rolling across the width of the pitch over the injury area time and time again!

And yet referee's still fall for this, you see red cards and yellow cards for nothing. It is a problem, and I can not wait to watch Ronaldo for Portugal and his brand new eccentric dive to be unveiled for this World Cup Rolling Eyes

You watch, I wont be wrong.

A counter point to this, the refereeing and linesmen have been near enough spot on so far this World Cup, so lets hope that continues.

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
After looking at the score card for the matches played sofar, I am puzzled about something.

Is there a quota set for each game, like 2 goals, that have to be distributed between the teams? And are these 2 goals - when they are not used in one match - to be used in the next match?

Not to put to fine a point to it, but 90 minutes, and only complaints about the ball being too heavy (for the South American teams) or too light (for the European teams) and too whimsical for the rest of the world....
And still no scores????? Where is the fun?

I am having fun, so sod the rest of you Laughing

marcoballistic

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:

is that fookin' real Laughing tell me it is not Laughing

a 1 -1 win, that is bloody clever Laughing

anfa

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
anfa wrote:

is that fookin' real Laughing tell me it is not Laughing

a 1 -1 win, that is bloody clever Laughing

Yup! It's real. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
http://www.nypost.com/archives/covers/;jsessionid=555DB162A08C016E1FC27F9C8E083D19

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Letter to America - Reply to topic