Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - 2014 H2H Sources - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

glennhanna

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Round 2:

TheShaman

Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Shark, seafloor, bubbles, and propeller.

rest from source. Background for water/floor and coral, crabs made from the fuses. two little crab subs from source obv.

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:27 am   Reply with quote         

[/URL]

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West
Napalm32

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         

hey guys i remember the guys in round number 1 . hahahahhaahha

http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1000454/splashdown-imminent.html?l=&o=votes

glennhanna

Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:59 am   Reply with quote         

Round 3:

All source and PS. Reference in progression gif.

arcaico

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

First of all, congratulations to Abraham, for a clean and crispy chop, although IMHO, turning a pear like object into a pear with eyes and teeth, in a thunderstorm background, is not the brightest idea...

So, once this is a sources thread, I'll just throw in the sources...

it started with a concept sketch... the idea was to create a valley out of the green whatever thing in the source, where amazons colide with an alien... the original concept derives from Sam Kieth's The Maxx.

Even though Maxx is not an alien, his looks could reflect us to an alien form. Association made, the Jungle Queen (Julie Winters) would see her environment invaded by an alien spaceship. The idea would allow me to use most of the content of the source, well integrated.

Here is the concept sketch:

Upon the sketch, I decided to make the valley all source. I wanted to use a blondie, such as Julie Winters for the chop, but the most suitable source I found was a brunette, so I left it as it was...

On a second note, I really didn't feel the blowed pixels, when I finished and posted it, after 6 hours straight upon my 19" 2004 Samsung SyncMaster 941BW (note to myself: buy a new monitor). In the next day, when I checked my entry, the blowed pixels were much more evident. Still, there were a lot more aspects of the chop that pleased me. If I were to vote, I would have chosen mine.

That said, I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the H2H (that already has a winner: congratulations, thantin).[/img]

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Cartoon Contractor

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
First of all, congratulations to Abraham, for a clean and crispy chop, although IMHO, turning a pear like object into a pear with eyes and teeth, in a thunderstorm background, is not the brightest idea...

If I were to vote, I would have chosen mine.

Of course you would have chosen yours! It's yours! But 55 people said his was better than yours. Accept the result of the comp like a man! He kicked your ass! Quit your crying and bellyaching!

arcaico

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:49 am   Reply with quote         

Cartoon Contractor wrote:
arcaico wrote:

Of course you would have chosen yours! It's yours! But 55 people said his was better than yours. Accept the result of the comp like a man! He kicked your ass! Quit your crying and bellyaching!

edit: back in the glorious days, 55 votes would lose a close match...
http://photoshopcontest.com/tournament/view/414/display.html

don't forget to change your diaper, old man...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

charliesou

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:00 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing

Cartoon Contractor

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
arcaico wrote:

But 9 votes wouldn't win a slice of bubble gum. And this OLD MAN is more man than you'll ever be you little pansy ass cry baby. You've lost twice in one tourney and STILL can't accept defeat without bitching and moaning like a fucking 2 year old that can't get their way!

Watch them Drift

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
arcaico wrote:

But 9 votes wouldn't win a slice of bubble gum. And this OLD MAN is more man than you'll ever be you little pansy ass cry baby. You've lost twice in one tourney and STILL can't accept defeat without bitching and moaning like a fucking 2 year old that can't get their way!

Laughing Arc you're a douche.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

well, looks like there isn't much to add Laughing

OneChiefRocker

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:59 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
well, looks like there isn't much to add Laughing

Ha, yes not much to add. The H2H was fun, glad I did it in the end, Good luck everyone left. Hopefully more people will join in 2015.

Post Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

So, once this is a sources thread, I'll just throw in the sources...

it started with a concept sketch... the idea was to create a valley out of the green whatever thing in the source, where amazons colide with an alien... the original concept derives from Sam Kieth's The Maxx.

Even though Maxx is not an alien, his looks could reflect us to an alien form. Association made, the Jungle Queen (Julie Winters) would see her environment invaded by an alien spaceship. The idea would allow me to use most of the content of the source, well integrated.

Here is the concept sketch:

Upon the sketch, I decided to make the valley all source. I wanted to use a blondie, such as Julie Winters for the chop, but the most suitable source I found was a brunette, so I left it as it was...

On a second note, I really didn't feel the blowed pixels, when I finished and posted it, after 6 hours straight upon my 19" 2004 Samsung SyncMaster 941BW (note to myself: buy a new monitor). In the next day, when I checked my entry, the blowed pixels were much more evident. Still, there were a lot more aspects of the chop that pleased me. If I were to vote, I would have chosen mine.

That said, I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the H2H (that already has a winner: congratulations, thantin).[/img]

The composition was cool. Too many issues with the quality between your externals in your final composite, Honestly I thought you had just given up or ran out of time, because I know you're capable of better.
Good show.

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

“I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven, when I awoke I spent that on a necklace.”~~~ Kanye West

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - 2014 H2H Sources - Reply to topic