Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Complete rip off! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Well... tell us the story tilak!

Luxwiz

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

I would say that is cheating and grounds for a disqualification ŋ NO ? Evil or Very Mad He does do that a lot but since it was anonymous no one knew it was his to call him up on it.Jelly to tell you the truth I thought it was one of your cool chops....

shane.e.randall

Post Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah this is pretty dishonest.
What's the point? To win?
You basically just took someone else's work and pasted on top of the source and cropped it. Most people here could do that in under 5 minutes.

You're not going to get better at Photoshop by taking shortcuts.

Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:31 am   Reply with quote         

I haven't been involved here for a while, not sure how the site has changed. But in the past, taking someone elses chop and adding the source pic would have been a big no-no.

We can do better than that!

papavales

Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:31 am   Reply with quote         

Lol copy-paste at it's best

Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

Itīs like Armstrong in the Tour du France... runner up should win Laughing

Luxwiz

Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

the artist of this very cool creation (3D modeling) deserves mention... arsenixc on DeviantArt

"My old work (2006) for high speed modeling challenge RNTC (russian national time Challenge) A theme of competition Ŧ the Portal for moving ŧ.
Time spent by me on creation of work - 20 hours.

This image now used for music band cover."

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Portal-91903623

shane.e.randall

Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Itīs like Armstrong in the Tour du France... runner up should win Laughing

We should demand.... a recount!

Post Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:05 pm   Reply with quote         

what a sad excuse for a chopper

Luxwiz

Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:32 am   Reply with quote         

I must add here though that itīs legit to do this kind of chop just as long as you donīt mislead people...add a link to the sources so you can see the work done AND give credit to the artist who did the work you borrow,even better asking permission from the author to use it.

papavales

Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:48 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
I must add here though that itīs legit to do this kind of chop just as long as you donīt mislead people...add a link to the sources so you can see the work done AND give credit to the artist who did the work you borrow,even better asking permission from the author to use it.

Legit but totally wrong for a contest site. On the other hand somehow this site was the coolest community because it's "no rules" nature gets people closer with friendly votes and priority given to learning and hang out.

Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:42 am   Reply with quote         

papavales wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

Legit but totally wrong for a contest site. On the other hand somehow this site was the coolest community because it's "no rules" nature gets people closer with friendly votes and priority given to learning and hang out.

EEEEEEEHHHHHHH, please remember the pooper scooper dog that came up in a contest years ago? Remember how we loved that? Today, there was an image of a sign somewhere on facebook, using that pooper scooping dog, saying when dogs can do that... etc. And the comments were about psc and remembering that one, till somebody reminded us that the dog with the poop scoop was in fact somebody elses creation, outside this competition channel.

So, when using stuff that other artists have created, ask the artist's permition, as per the rules here. And mention in a link where you found the stuff you used. When you at least make a mention of the fact that you used material you did not create yourself, you give credit to the artists who did the hard graft.

shane.e.randall

Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:14 am   Reply with quote         

I just don't use any externals that are from something that has already been chopped. I dont really see the point. But oh well to each his own. Winning is cool and everything, But I'm here because I like to Chop, and to get better.

Post Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

When i started freelancing, usually i was on freelance contest websites searching for illustration contest. Terrible contest holders with no feedback, lot of people waiting to steal ideas once someone put some mind to it etc...but one Indian guy just started grabbing random illustrations from google and paste them as his work. No related to the theme or requests. So people got mad and start with "I will report him!" messages. I just said "please let him be - he is hilarious!"

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Complete rip off! - Reply to topic