Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Photo of Splodge - Reply to topic

Post Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:38 am   Reply with quote         

There is a little Photo of Splodge , it was september 2009 he went to the otherside i think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzJzz3AUKQ

YerPalAl

Post Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:26 am   Reply with quote         

R.I.P.

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Splodge was very helpful to me on a couple of occasions. He really went out of his way. One of the very good people here. He passed much too soon. Alas.

ledirlo

Post Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:07 am   Reply with quote         

Splodge was a guy who did not even try to get better at photoshop, and who happened to start camping here, ranting before he'd leave to the pub, with his friend Queen of Bats (QoB),before he died, from what I remember. I think SPlodge meant Sparta lodge, maybe because we liked it how the chat board was filled with US guys trash talking eachother and liking each other at the same time then.

One day I say a perfect look alike of Queen of Bats wearing the same clothes and makeup on the parisian subway and splodge died. Go figure

So I'm more worried about Qob who was nice and who just seemed to go away or else :D

Anyway, if you'd told me I'd be on this website's board in 2022 then...pfeeeeeew. This is a unique website.

Post Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:49 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Splodge was very helpful to me on a couple of occasions. He really went out of his way. One of the very good people here. He passed much too soon. Alas.

He was a great guy, wenn i started here, i had sometimes a big mouth and said things to some like Eve and Tesore, witch i today never will do. I had ban ( ofcourse , well deserved ) Splodge talked to me and i had the change to come back. He was a special person in his own way. Way to young he went over to the other side. I still miss him.

Tawiskaro

Post Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:56 pm   Reply with quote         

For the past year or so I have been writing little rhymes I call "four-by-fours"--four lines with four beats per line, usually with two rhyming couplets. I am trying to record my observations of life, politics, human behavior, memories, and so on. By odd coincidence (or my subconscious calendar) I wrote this just last week:

Splodge is Gone

He was a Brit I never met.
I knew him from the internet.
He died--I'm told he had a stroke.
I wish I could have met that bloke.

Yes, I know (or at least seem to recall) that Splodge was taken out by a heart attack or heart failure of some sort. I used stroke because it rhymed with bloke. Artistic license. "Bloke" is a word Americans associate with Brits and Aussies, but don't normally use.

The guy left a favorable impression that stuck with me for thirteen years. It would have been quite pleasant to have hoisted a few beers with him before he checked out. It's a shame that didn't happen. Of course, it was extremely unlikely to ever have happened.

I hope you're in a better place, Splodge.

Post Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:19 am   Reply with quote         

He was a Brit I never met.
I knew him from the internet.
He died—I'm told he had a stroke.
I wish I could have met that bloke.

Nice words

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Photo of Splodge - Reply to topic