Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Summer Holidays - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

DaVinci

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:19 am   Reply with quote         

As the summer season is approaching I would like to know where you guys are gonna spend the summer! Any plans so far?

For me it's:
1 week to "La Roche" - Belgium in July
2 weeks to "Parga" - Greece in August / September

DaVinci

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:34 am   Reply with quote         

La Roche

Parga

sonic3

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:12 am   Reply with quote         

I'm not taking a summer break this year. Instead me and my partner are planning a 3 week trip in october to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.
Should be a good trip if we manage to save enough in time.

supak0ma

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

rough times Sad

we're going to help the local economy in nearby l'Aquila, which was hit by an earthquake last april.

DaVinci

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:53 am   Reply with quote         

sonic3 wrote:
I'm not taking a summer break this year. Instead me and my partner are planning a 3 week trip in october to Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.
Should be a good trip if we manage to save enough in time.

Wow, nice! It's on my list for next year (Thailand)...you better make some nice photos! Very Happy

DaVinci

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:54 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
rough times Sad

we're going to help the local economy in nearby l'Aquila, which was hit by an earthquake last april.

Oh yeah it was on the news 24/7, that's a good thing to help those people! Thumbs up!

sonic3

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
rough times Sad

I take my hat off for you salut
Its so easy to sit back and just take it for granted that others will help out, its really good of you to do this salut
Only wish there were more people like you.

When i went to Gambia, we took some pencils and paper to some of the local schools. We also travelled further out into the country and visited a few smaller poorer schools, we donated some money and gave the children some sweets, thier little faces lit up just from a few lollipops.
They then all sang "Heads and shoulders knees and toes"

We travel quite alot and think its a good thing to give something to the poorer areas, if we do manage to get to go on our next adventure, we will be taking some things with us to give out to the schools.

I hope to get some great photos on my next holiday, so look out for them in the source images. Smile

arcaico

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

L.A.

this HAS to be the best place to spend the summer...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:35 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
L.A.

Not only the summer

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
arcaico wrote:
L.A.

Not only the summer

true... this HAS to be the best place for any time....

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

splodge

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I've treated most of my working life as a huge Holiday, as long as i can get out for a drink in the evening and mix with the local, and it's not my home town Doncaster, It's a Holiday.
I've worked in every major town in the UK including two years in London, most major towns on the Continent (Europe)
a beach does not make a Holiday for me (although i spent a year on the beach in South Africa) and while lived in Holland (18 months) i often visited the cost, lots of it over there.
i highly recommend any one to push them selves or there kids into the field of electrical, telecoms or fibre optics, i did all 3 bought a house and retired due to fast food overload, well my legs fell off, but nothing to do with globe trotting.
I've only paid for one Holiday since i was 14 year old, me and 3 fellow Yorkshire contractors working in London went to tenerife and spent the last two days wiring an apartment block as favour to a guy we met in a rock bar, came home with more money than we left with Smile

my life in a nut shell

Hallcross Toots
arcaico

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:56 pm   Reply with quote         

IŽd still go to the Playboy mansion instead...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

DaVinci

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:30 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
I've treated most of my working life as a huge Holiday, as long as i can get out for a drink in the evening and mix with the local, and it's not my home town Doncaster, It's a Holiday.
I've worked in every major town in the UK including two years in London, most major towns on the Continent (Europe)
a beach does not make a Holiday for me (although i spent a year on the beach in South Africa) and while lived in Holland (18 months) i often visited the cost, lots of it over there.
i highly recommend any one to push them selves or there kids into the field of electrical, telecoms or fibre optics, i did all 3 bought a house and retired due to fast food overload, well my legs fell off, but nothing to do with globe trotting.
I've only paid for one Holiday since i was 14 year old, me and 3 fellow Yorkshire contractors working in London went to tenerife and spent the last two days wiring an apartment block as favour to a guy we met in a rock bar, came home with more money than we left with Smile

my life in a nut shell

You're a man of the world Splodge!

DaVinci

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:30 am   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
IŽd still go to the Playboy mansion instead...

Are there gonna be bunnies?

blue_lurker

Post Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:39 am   Reply with quote         

Cant beat it Very Happy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Summer Holidays - Reply to topic