Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - exhibitionism - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:27 am   Reply with quote         

exhibitionism

hi all

as a few of you know I was finishing producing an exhibition in an art gallery in Paris' soho/chelsea.Finally the prints are hung on the walls and people can "enjoy" ;) twelve pics, from 40x30 cm to 60x50.The maximum , the very , very maximum I could get from a konica A200 and a 2ghz imac: dont look at the prints from too close, please.

for all the users who wish they could be a.......NARTIST , and therefore wanna know more.

In most contemporary art galleries, you have to pay a big fee to exhibit: it's like renting the walls.Only cheap galleries with cheap art or top notch ones with top selling art dont ask for a fee.Otherwise be lucky and find a mentor or something ;)

the word "artist" doesn't seem to mean the same thing in english and in french: we wouldn't say "I'm a digital artist" if my work consists in taking orders.My experience of "artistry" was fucking full of pain :D You invest most of your energy, anxiety, time, money to produce the exhibition: get the right hardware if you dont have it, get ideas, take pics to make the pics, make them, realize they suck, make others, get them printed.
High definition pics were a pain to work on, too little is possible with limited hardware and time constrains, as well as creative constrains of course.

So you start thinking "wow an exhibition Imma make kickass pics" , and then you find yourself shamefull presenting your work in the gallery, not believing you actually were able to print and produce that exhibition of mmm ......average quality pics :p

sometimes bad, well

they sell from 400$ to 700$.If I got to work on high definition scans from a traditional cam I could have produced much better quality, and larger, therefore sell much much more, because format is everything for artists that are not famous.I mean as famous as Picasso or Basquiat.But big pics mean big work, big prints, big frame, big risk.better rely on several smaller ones.

So: be an artist ? hahaha sure, but where's the money ? oh, I got it, you may get applaused instead .

I get it now, shit :p

Anyhow, those who want to see more go here : www.galerielee.com and then artists/nicolas houllet

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:28 am   Reply with quote         

.qsdqserva'r(bhéa

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

So THAT'S where you've been lately. Great images in your gallery. Some that look eerily familiar Wink

Awesome stuff ledirlo. Now chop something for us too!

arcaico

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:11 pm   Reply with quote         

FUCK LED!!!! I thought this thread was about some female pscer wanting to share her naked pics and what do I found on it?? YOU!! damn french chimp!!! Twisted Evil

but the idea remains for the ladies... feel free to post yer naked pics in the forum... I bet there are more male mods than female mods and they will understand it is just "art" Laughing

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

clantoncs

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Really interesting reading about the world o' art galleries and working in the, errr.... "professional" art world (if there is such a thing).
Actually, I was a little bit confused at first about whether you were the featured artist or if you were producing the art show-- ie. my brother in law produces art shows for various artists, though he is not an artist himself.

Congrats. Is this your first "big" show? You sounded a little familiar with the tedium of it. How'd it go over? You described the pics as "average"... what did other people think? How'd they respond to "digital photo manipulation" as a form of art? Really curious about how "Art Society" views chopping...

anyway, like I said, congrats on your show.

-c

ps. what little I know from photoshop, I learned from your tutorials. Thanks.

Micose

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I was in Paris this week and i didn't have the adress... i hope i will be able to come back before march 30th .... I know what you mean for risks with formats....same in painting....
I like your art a lot....
J'espere voir tout ca en direct ....
Cool
Micose

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

au fait sur quelle resolution ecran tu bosses sous ps ?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Tough to find one's niche, Nicolas.

Personally, I enjoy your architectural images the best.

Some artists never have the opportunity to show their work...then again, the saying, be careful what you wish for comes to miind.

Eve

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:11 am   Reply with quote         

wow this one is old.

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:23 am   Reply with quote         

Eve! Led said yer old! Wink Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:55 am   Reply with quote         

bwaaa ha ha haaaa, now ya in trouble Led Laughing

EJH

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

So, will any of our French PSCers be having any exhibitions when I come to Paris in May?

Art exhibitions, that is...

supak0ma

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

the domain has been stolen ehe

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

EJH wrote:
So, will any of our French PSCers be having any exhibitions when I come to Paris in May?

Must book trip to Paris in May...

TheShaman

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
EJH wrote:

Must book trip to Paris in May...

AGREED BUT ONLY IF EJH IS GOING TO BE THERE Wink

BTW Links no good anymore Crying or Very sad
Popular Categories: Education | Jewelry | Flowers and Candy | Books | Movies | Cheap Airfare
Why am I seeing this web site?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - exhibitionism - Reply to topic