Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - using a drawing tablet, yes or no? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

blue_lurker

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

Well got the tablet and dont like it, but if its a stress less way to chop you want, I use a trackball, have very little trouble with the wrist pain thing...cept when I use it to well Embarassed .... thats another story Confused

buglover

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes.

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I've tried to stick with mine (got it for xmas)...I can't do it Confused

Maybe if I could use the pen on my screen it would work better Laughing

wendysmurfie

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Wett, that's available. Did you know that? they have touch screen monitors for drawing.

Blue... Confused if you mean what i think you mean you should be shaming yourself!

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah Wendy, Wacom makes one called a Centiq

I think I would love this

about $1700 for the 17 inch and close to $2800 for the 21 inch I think......not sure

claudiolky

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi

I received 3 weeks ago a tablet Wacon Intuos 3, special to be used with Photoshop( ihave CS2). I'm learning a lot about. I never have used a tablet. I had that problem with pen pressure, solved uncheking the shape dynamics at the brush (click F5).

Claudio

clantoncs

Post Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

don't know much about the tablets, I used one in high school (about 6 years ago) in a technology lab and really hated, but didn't bother to try to learn it or get used to. I recommend getting a wrist brace. That should work, right?

tsitra

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:56 am   Reply with quote         

Rather than go to bed at a normal hour . . . who needs sleep anyway . . .opted for a silent mode of operation . . . the wacom tablet enters the picture, frustated like a kindergardenr with a big clumsy #2 pencilheld for the first time. The wacom tablet that was avoided simply for the fact, it was different and was use to the mouse.

It feels as natural as wriring with a pen, although it takes a little getting use to, but b4 long you know exactly,and without thought, where you are and gain so much more control best of all no unaturalharmful clicking.

Have an Intuos & Graphire - You can get one for a $100 US

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

wendy (the other)
aka tsitra

http://www.live365.com/stations/255967
Adrenaline Underground
editor's pick @ Live365.com
Meaty

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:17 am   Reply with quote         

Intous2 all the way, wouldnt ever do without a wacom. Best thing ive ever bought, so much so that ive got 2, one for my desk and one for my laptop.

wendysmurfie

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:25 am   Reply with quote         

at first i thought nobody was using a tablet, but now the thread is here for a while it seems there are people who prefer the tablet instead of the mouse.
I still have the mouse, still no tablet cause i cant try it. I hate to buy something wich maybe in a few weeks of practice is not working for me. I still doubt what to do.

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:39 am   Reply with quote         

Well, I don't think you can do much wrong with it buying one. They're not that expensive anymore, so it doesn't really bites a big chunk out of your wallet.

Anyway, yesterday, my dad asked if he could try mine for the evening. After 10 minutes he was getting allready used to it. So I don't think it's a big learning curve (especially when you know my dad Laughing )

And if for some reason you still don't like it, there's always ebay or something to get rid of it Smile

[change of avatar... nice Wink]

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:27 am   Reply with quote         

wendysmurfie wrote:
since i'm 26 i think i would like to chop a little bit longer. And i need that wrist for other things to Laughing

Shocked

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:13 am   Reply with quote         

Queen La Tiff wrote:
I'm one of those people where the tablet just didn't 'take.' I'm a fine artist, so I thought I was a prime canidate for tablet-chopping.

Didn't like it.

Solved my wrist problem by doing two things: 1: pushing the keyboard back so that my arms could rest on the desk almost up to the elbow (worked wonders) and B) bought an infrared, ball-less mouse (please hold your Feral Hamster jokes until the end of the post). You wouldn't think the type of mouse has much to do with it...but it's amazing how much it takes out of your wrist to try and work with that stupid ball.

But if you still want a tablet, maybe I'll sell you mine. Like-new. Razz

I'm in the same boat as Tiff...I likes my infrared mouse...the light is pretty... Shocked

claudiolky

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in love with the tablet intuos3 Wacon.
That's my first work using only the tablet: http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/96058/holy-church.html Rolling Eyes

I was impressed the difference when I unchecked the shape dynamics at the brush (click F5). It's fantastic when you need to use the erase tool, stamp tool,...(click in one point and with shift click in another point

Claudio

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - using a drawing tablet, yes or no? - Reply to topic