Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Not a Ploy for Sales! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Queen La Tiff

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Advertising? That's up to the jokers in marketing. Laughing

Post Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         

just look around at some of the cheapo ads in newspapers or magazines. Now you know where they get their stuff from. (Not calling your stuff 'cheapo' Tiff, the ads. Wink )

Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:26 am   Reply with quote         

Those are really cool. I like the singing cat especially. I really don't know anything about brushes (I hear that that is blasphemy to some people). How would you use these? I see how it's better than clip art and easily resized-- so you would use these as a stamp sort of thing?
Do you have any examples using one of these? I

I hope this works out for you. I bet you'll sell a lot!

Queen La Tiff

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:12 am   Reply with quote         

You're so nice! Yeah, it's sort of like a stamp effect. The market(s) are like, I don't know, high school yearbook staffs, digital scrapbookers, maybe small business owners with a copy of Photoshop...people more interested in being able to get a specific result than they are in learning Photoshop.

The one thing I do with brushes is use them on their own layer with style effects...I don't think I've done that for a contest, but it comes in handy for advertising work...just turn the logo into a brush and apply different effects to it. That way you can have a bunch of things to show the client, without a lot of work going into it. More a way to mock up ideas early on.

There are also a disturbing number of people who do "digital scrapbooking." So I guess it's about making things easier for them, too.

Frankly, anyone who wants to send me a PM with their email address, I'm happy to send you a sample set. Tell me what set you want. Again, NOT AS A PLOY FOR SALES...they're just kind of neato like Silly Putty is neato...it's not really good for anything, just kind of fun to play with.

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

so... do we get free silly putty with the sample? Hmmm

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:57 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah i can see people trying to make a banner or something with random drawings about
singing cats.
seriously

Post Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Dammit, FF, I had just convinced myself I was legit.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Not a Ploy for Sales! - Reply to topic