Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Micoseism" - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Micose

Post Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I think you will have a good one to work with (why ? I dunno,i'm just optimistic).

I'm on the last things of a tut ! I worked on it pretty seriously, so u will have it tomorrow evening. I started from a picture of flower (almost the same than working with a sea or fish pic)...it's good to work all source. But iff it's the worsessource pic that is coming soon , like a sign (damn) , u will have to complete this with external sources, to create a basic scene, even quick chopped,...then do arty transformation..If it's a people, or animal you can bring external textures for instance. On my tutorial, it's just the arty work (the source alloowed it), but it can be a second or third step the whole work if the source is less "organic".But by organic i mean architectures, bridges etc too...can be good to work too.
Cool
wendysmurfie

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:02 am   Reply with quote         

looking forward to it micose! Very Happy

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:16 am   Reply with quote         

One thing I worry about is that with so many people recreating your awesome signature style, Micose, it might start to become cliche'd. Don't get me wrong, everything you do is unique and most of it I think is REALLY REALLY great, I just would hate to see too many people "making a Micose"!

Actually, I do really want to see the tutorial. I could've really used it on the recent helmet entry (that was a crappy source, by the way, wasn't it?). I actually had your work in mind when I was making it! Maybe that's a good example of too many people using your style-- then you get crappy artists like me trying to do what you do--poorly.

Anyway, keep up the good work! I can't wait until May 11, when I will, again, attempt to make a Micose...

-Chris

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:38 am   Reply with quote         

I don't want to be mean, but I don't particularly like Micose's style. I much prefer photo realism.

Micose

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

Okay...as i am a cool guy (naive?) , and after been advised by some of yours, i won't post any tutorial on forum (by the way they are too big pics for Bucket) , but i 'lll eventually send it by maill to those interested. but before, may be a little bit training. so here we go i give u a pic and u do something. Then i show my own work and i'll comment about whaat u 'll have done, okay for u all ?
Here's the pic

Please post your work in 550x600 max
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

Nobody HAS to participate in this--DOAC. geesh. Maybe someday, you can see if anyone's interested in having a super realism day...

We all have preferences. I'd like a chance to win a real Micose.

I've started on one, Naiko. It's a lot more difficult than I thought. Will send it to you when I feel I've reached a semblance of Micose... Cool

TheShaman

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I am in partial agreement with Clantonics... I do like Micose doing 'Micoses' but IMHO I'd rather see everyone else have their 'own' style. Kinda like mikey and his all source dragons/brids! Very Happy or bloddy marcos, and not copy a very unique style here at PSC.

But good luck to everyone participating with this... I will not be. I am however interested to see how closely everyone gets to his particular style in the contest.

Site Moderator

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:19 pm   Reply with quote         

It's purely for fun, Sean, that's all.

Everybody...resort to your own "style" after May 11, please! Hmmm

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I think mine is more of an oil spill than a "Micose", definitely needs work...

Micose

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

you can post it here Eve if u want...
Micose

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:33 pm   Reply with quote         

okay first brave one Bsoholic...
First important thing...to .create several layers in order to give depth to the work and be able to fluidify on several grounds,without disturbing shapes you don't want to.
each layer could be different lightening of a same color for instance....l
2nd : before to work, determinate a mood you want to give, will you change the main colors, generally i like to desaturate a bit the pic to better see shapes,then i re-add colors, playing with the neutral tones (selectiive color), to give an new main tone.

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Ah, okay. Thanks the real Micose. Wink

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Cool...looks like it's on liquid chocolate.

I'm still playing around with my image...

(desaturate has never been in my vocabulary...but I'll try it! Laughing )

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I got horribly, horribly LOST on this. The few elements or areas I liked...man, I got lost.
But here it is...

nyxxie

Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

This is like someone trying to copy van gogh

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Micoseism" - Reply to topic