Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Micoseism" - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Micose

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

GREAT PAINTING SHAMAN ! Smile

Great one Digit too (ithe "bride" pic)
TheShaman

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:30 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Micose Very Happy it really felt like a painting....
I actually started to scare myself whilst doing that one. It all just started coming together as a theme, esp the blood in the windows and the way the bride came out, I was pretty happy with it, and for you to like it makes it worth my time!

Bow

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

Confused

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

DP, you've really getting good at this! Very impressive!
Kittie, can't wait until you get up and running so we can see more of your work!
Rey! Is there anything you can't do? Laughing

Micose, I've copied and pasted all your hints into a document--here they are...I need all the help I can get Exclamation

Quote:
I worked on it pretty seriously, so u will have it tomorrow evening. I started from a picture of flower (almost the same than working with a sea or fish pic)...it's good to work all source. But iff it's the worsessource pic that is coming soon , like a sign (damn) , u will have to complete this with external sources, to create a basic scene, even quick chopped,...then do arty transformation..If it's a people, or animal you can bring external textures for instance. On my tutorial, it's just the arty work (the source alloowed it), but it can be a second or third step the whole work if the source is less "organic".But by organic i mean architectures, bridges etc too...can be good to work too.

okay first brave one Bsoholic...
First important thing...to .create several layers in order to give depth to the work and be able to fluidify on several grounds,without disturbing shapes you don't want to.
each layer could be different lightening of a same color for instance....l
2nd : before to work, determinate a mood you want to give, will you change the main colors, generally i like to desaturate a bit the pic to better see shapes,then i re-add colors, playing with the neutral tones (selectiive color), to give an new main tone.

BRUSHWORK : creating brushes from scrtach can be usefull ..;u can blend or erase parts for an exciting "action painting" session.

What is important to is to find out a reel dramatic light...ihere it's obviously a central lightening. Don't hesitate to crop the source... a square space here fits well here. Spending time to adjust lights at each step is good too. Keep an eye on blurs and sharpeness allt he time, and each action done, a high FADING is required to make more subtil changes.
For all liquefying work, much more blending, cloning ,healing etc is required, FLUIDITY TOOL is useful for creating a "squeletton", of the reel work, but of course depends of which surface u wanna render. On my "cars" entries i let the fluidity work a bit more appereant cuz ithe scene had to make feel of a shiny futurism for instance.
Don't forget to work with several layers...;use cloning a lot (merely more than fluidity in fact), If u create multiple opacities, you can EQUALIZE with OVERLAY or Multiply, in order to see all layers like one.

I'll be practicing ALOT!
Very Happy Very Happy

mikey

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I cant do this style! Laughing I've never been too good at abstract art, but Micose really has it down" Cool
Eve you forgot to tell me to give it up" Rolling Eyes

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't you DARE give up...Mikey! You of all people should be able to nail this...well, come close. Think of it as painting on a canvas. Use Naiko's suggestions and liberate your SPIRIT!

I believe this takes a lot of practice. Very Happy

Micose

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:11 pm   Reply with quote         

HERE IS STETINA's ONE / (good work buddy)

hmm.where are your works Eve, Mikey ? this is not FINISHED !!!! hahaha Twisted Evil

Micose

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul , have u register to Photobucket or sthg, it's the only way to post here....upload pic overthere then copy the 3rd link [IMG] n paste it here
mikey

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:04 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks for putting it up Naiko, and Mikey I like how you took that worm thing from moon's head and put it on the bride, I almost did it too, haha Laughing
Next up; shall we support a Micose website that is dedicated to making real art? I know we often get sidetracked into doing something less on PSC, I think this is good for all, thanks again Naiko for the inspiration that you bring.

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm still messing around. Back to the flower pic. I like these better than my previous "entires". They still don't have the "Micose" feel, but I learned a few things, and this place is for learning right? Wink

and back to my oil spill style... although it's in my opinion my better oil spill... Laughing

just thought I'd share. Rolling Eyes

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:36 am   Reply with quote         

Still need more practice...yeah!

bigbuck

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:45 am   Reply with quote         

Micose

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:15 am   Reply with quote         

Whazzup here...ooooo ...;good worksssss !!!...;good kids.....well i didn't come here last evening, too busy with my canvases. Well it's time for another training contest...i''be back soon with something (really shiity this time, like the one of 1st may may be)....
kittie

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

ok, i finally got this finished... took long enough hmm?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Micoseism" - Reply to topic