Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Movie Fans - whatchoo got? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed May 17, 2006 8:02 am   Reply with quote         

I am not a newbie just arrived asking all you creative folks to restore an old photograph of my mother in less than 48 hours. Instead, I'd like to use you as an oldbie who doesn't watch a lot of movies/tv.

Without boring you with all the details, I am looking for famous movie scenes where the hero or heroine succeeds under a great amount of stress and pressure. The perfect example I can think of is when Indiana Jones is running down the tunnel with that big ball rolling towards him.

I don't want fight scenes and car chases....I need clips of people who have "won" despite the odds or stress/pressure.

I will not pay you. If you can actually LOCATE the film clip, I will still not pay you, but I'll be impressed. Wink

Anyone?

Post Wed May 17, 2006 8:10 am   Reply with quote         

Like when the telletubbies ran out off tubby custard but they did a Happy, happy dance till they got some?

Post Wed May 17, 2006 8:15 am   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Like when the telletubbies ran out off tubby custard but they did a Happy, happy dance till they got some?

As bizarre as that sounds, it might be something I can use. HAH!

Post Wed May 17, 2006 8:17 am   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
FootFungas wrote:

As bizarre as that sounds, it might be something I can use. HAH!

I totally made up that entire scene. HAH!

Post Wed May 17, 2006 8:36 am   Reply with quote         

How bout when Spiderman has to decide whether to save the kids in the tram or save Mary Jane from falling, but he saves them both and the green goblin gets all pissed off.

Post Wed May 17, 2006 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

I can think of a half dozen right off the top of my head:

The trench run and Death Star explosion from the end of 'Star Wars'.
Ms. Vito's testimony from the end of 'My Cousin Vinny'.
Andy's escape from 'Shawshank Redemption'
Roy's homerun at the end of 'The Natural'
The tic-tac-toe game in 'Wargames', etc.

What kind of quality do you need? I can make a video grab of any of those movies and send them to you on a CD.

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed May 17, 2006 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

How about "The Last Dragon" where Leroy is fighting all the goons and then has to face-off against Sho'Nuff before he learns the secret of "The Glow" Laughing

Post Wed May 17, 2006 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

On a similar theme, how about the "crane kick" from the end of 'The Karate Kid'?

Post Wed May 17, 2006 9:17 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
How about "The Last Dragon" where Leroy is fighting all the goons and then has to face-off against Sho'Nuff before he learns the secret of "The Glow" Laughing

Who's the meanest, badest mo fo around this town? SHO NUFF!

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Wed May 17, 2006 10:34 am   Reply with quote         

These are great! Eggzacklee what I'm looking for.

HAH FootFungus, thanks for fessing up before I went looking for the stupid telletubbies. Razz

Ed - I want shitty quality. Can you do that? Seriously, if you sent them to me on CD that would be sooooo cool! I might actually start to respet you then. Wink I'll PM you.

I thought you were dead, I haven't seen you around in ages.

Post Wed May 17, 2006 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

You do realize, of course, that unless you open a PO box, you'll have to give me an address which opens up the possiblity of stalking? BWAHAHAHAHA!!

BTW - I've been unbelievably busy at work. The last couple days have been relatively calm, so I've taken the time to troubleshoot some printing issues. Watching big, slow prints = boredom = PSC.

Alex

Post Wed May 17, 2006 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
I am looking for famous movie scenes where the hero or heroine succeeds under a great amount of stress and pressure.

Catherine Zeta Jones in "Entrapment"... When she masters the flexible techniques to get through the laser field.

Woody Harrelson in "Kingpin"... When he manages to spare the 7 and 10 split. Remember that one? Talk about stress and pressure... hehe

Micheal J. Fox in "Back to the Future"... When he must drive to hit the cable as the lightning strikes at the end... Is that too "car chase"?

Post Wed May 17, 2006 10:56 am   Reply with quote         

Hell, if I gave my work address to Chicken to send me my winnings from our football bet, I think I'm safe letting you send me a CD here.

Besides I have the phone number that you share with your wife, remember????

*edit*
Good ones Alex!

*adds to list*

Post Wed May 17, 2006 11:44 am   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
...I am looking for famous movie scenes where the hero or heroine succeeds under a great amount of stress and pressure....

Doesn't this describe about 98.6% of Hollywood films???? Razz

Post Wed May 17, 2006 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

Sho'Nuff!!!

Heh heh heh...KISS MY CONVERSE!!!

Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Movie Fans - whatchoo got? - Reply to topic