Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - anyone a pro photographer??????????/ - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nubie

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I am looking for someone who is proficient in lighting and general photo principles.
I will pay $200 per hour to answer all my questions!....ok the $ part is bullshit butI do have some questions for someone who knows what they are talking about.

ReinMan

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's the problem, Mr. Nubie... those of us who make our living by doing that Photography Thang (though we may be nice peeps) hate to give away all the chops we've spent thousand and thousands of dollars to learn. Its like asking a Lawyer at a party for free legal advice - you can do it, but it ain't that cool.

But to show that I'm a good sport, I'll give you a tip for free.

LENS CAP OFF BEFORE SHOOTING!

I'd say go ahead and post your questions. There are some good ameteurs here that can most likely help you out.

Another way is to join an actual PHOTOGRAPHY site, like FotoFight.com, and ask yer brains out!

P.S. are you a lawyer? Cause if my weekend goes the way I'm planning it maybe we can trade some Professional Action! Cool

nubie

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

you know ...ahem "Mr Reinman" I really admire your work here. you are definetly one of the best. So I was very diappointed to read your responce. I think if you feel that way ...then you really didnt need to respond at all. oooops there goes the pedistal.
BTW I know there are millions of sites out there with advice....hell I can go directly to Nikon or Cannon....I am also a member of Photoworkshop.com where I can get all my information there. Maybe I was looking for someone who shared a passion to discuss things....you know people make a living at PHOTOSHOP and some have paid big bucks to get to where they are with it...... but dont seem to mind giving out advice or tuts. the more I type the more pissed I am getting ..............keep chopin Maybe one day I'll let you set up my lighting or tape down my cables.
your truly
Mr Nubie

nubie

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

the other thing is ...if you kow about FotoFight.com .....have you ever asked a question there or answered one there? I assume yes......so why so abrasive here????

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:36 am   Reply with quote         

1) I'm glad you appreciated the time I took to be honest with you (sarcasm meter approaching RED zone)

2) I do MUCH to stay off this pedistal you speak of... not my fault if you spent time putting me there

3) my previous email was NOT abrasive (if you've seen other's responses to simular requests like yours...)

4) this email IS more abrasive, as I feel you've taken something personally here, and therefore (with me being human and all) I have been tempted, and succumbed, to responding in kind with THIS email.

5) all the dozens of positive responses from others in this thread indicates how exciting your request was. (sarcasm meter into RED zone)

6) I'm done with this. Now... you wanna go have a beer or what? Confused

BroChris

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey nubie, how about just ask your photography questions, and see who'll answer them? i'm not a pro, but I enjoy taking pictures.
nubie

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Reinman....I'll take it if itsa Guinness....now get back up on your pedistal!! your still great!
If I could only settle things with my wife with a Guinness....Cheers mate.
aaahhhhhh " Making contact one beer ata time "!

rphares

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I can see both of your points - neither of you need to get so offensive about it. I do, however agree with noobie though, if you'd like to help the guy out - do so. No need to post that you "hate to give away all the chops we've spent thousand and thousands of dollars to learn."

Yes, I've paid thousands for college and majored in Graphic Design - but I'm always willing to help people that ask for it... at the same time - I appreciate it when people help me. I've got a long way to go to reach the level of many people on this site - but with hard work (and good critiques), I feel I'll get there.

And ReinMan, North Vancouver and New Jersey are a LONG way apart - I doubt very seriously what he learns will infringe on any of your freelance work...

nubie

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

bartender.................. another round plus one!!!!

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

rphares wrote:
I can see both of your points - neither of you need to get so offensive about it. I do, however agree with noobie though, if you'd like to help the guy out - do so. No need to post that you "hate to give away all the chops we've spent thousand and thousands of dollars to learn."

Yes, I've paid thousands for college and majored in Graphic Design - but I'm always willing to help people that ask for it... at the same time - I appreciate it when people help me. I've got a long way to go to reach the level of many people on this site - but with hard work (and good critiques), I feel I'll get there.

And ReinMan, North Vancouver and New Jersey are a LONG way apart - I doubt very seriously what he learns will infringe on any of your freelance work...

Dude... go check this site out. I've given LOTS of chops away here. And there's a few people here that will back me up on that.

Now I gotta buy YOU a beer too, I guess. Which will be even MORE uncomfortable since you are a MAC user! (and I don't have any idea where the heck Poplarville, MS is, but it CAN'T be further than Joisey...Razz

thbeghin

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:28 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm a bit confused! "lens cap off before shooting" seems to be a good, basic advice, isn't it?
or was it just a joke?
Laughing

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

thbeghin wrote:
i'm a bit confused! "lens cap off before shooting" seems to be a good, basic advice, isn't it?
or was it just a joke?
Laughing

The good thing about leaving the lens cap ON is that you've got a real cool BLANK canvas to chop in Shop!

gsaenz

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

I dont understand why nubie doesnt just pose his question. this rant about who said what would have been long forgotten by now, and the advice would have been given. I think this is the first time I see a post asking for advise/help with no actual question/situation. In College did you raise your hand and ask for permission to ask a question?

I dont see anything wrong with reinman's first reponse. giving some advie on who to ask and a little humor.

Synthvet

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:47 pm   Reply with quote         

YES!.....Question Please!!

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

It is TRUE.

If an ACTUAL QUESTION is posted in the threads it is almost unavoidable that it gets answered in some way or another. An ACTUAL QUESTION might even tempt me to waive my usual $105/hr (CAN$) fee in leu of BEER PAYMENT.

THE ENTIRE SITE AWAITS THE QUERY!!!!!

**Please respond before 12 noon, Friday June 16th, 2006 to be elegible for this week's STAR PRIZE,
a BLOW ON THE HEAD!!**

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - anyone a pro photographer??????????/ - Reply to topic