Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - anyone a pro photographer??????????/ - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

So you're into bonsai Scion? I have a few left, they come and go, those trees are on a golf course behind my mom's house, lots of lakes around, I took another shot that eve. with a flash and caught the sky too, let me dig it up. Rolling Eyes

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Having no tree's in the immediate forground did not compete with the sunset for light, I know this doesn't really solve your problem, I guess it's something we all face Confused I'm always out trying to capture the moment, if I find a solution, I'll let you know

ReinMan

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I dunno maybe it's just luck.
I throw it on the tripod, leave the shutter open long enough for a good exposure--
throw the shot in PS and use curves...works everytime.

Scion has a good point - there is usually LOTS of detail information in the "shadow zone" of most captures that you can bring out using Curves/Levels/Shadow-Highlight/etc. in PS.

Some purists don't believe in screwing around with PS to 'make pictures happen', but since this IS a PS site I think these solutions are totally dandy to explore.

So, NubieMan - getting any good ideas here? When can I get my BEER? Or (in the spirit of Community) when can WE get our BEERS!? Very Happy

gsaenz

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

first off- Paul how about posting some thumbnails linked to the high res?

1600 iso for a night shot? I only use 1600 when taking shots of fast moving subject in the sunniest day of the year or shooting against the sun (exampe 1 2 even some of these are abit grainy). When I shoot night I use 100 maybe 200 iso with a low aperture. If it's around full moon I tend to go nuts and do long exposures. The full moon gives the shot a cool blue in the sky (example with full moon example without full moon). Took this one last night

Use a tripod and if you can use a remote so you dont touch the camera. I dont use nikon, is the d70 single-lens reflex? Canon is by far the best manufacturer for SLR's. My point is with my canon i can use what is called "bulb mode" were i control everything, exposure, f-stop, aperture, iso, etc. I'm not a pro, I've got a lot to learn, therefore I take multiple shots with diferent settings, I take some notes and then compare to the exif data and picture to see what worked best. Oh by the way shoot RAW. you can correct so much if you shoot RAW. Flash? depends. if your shooting long exposure it will only catch what is 15-20 feet from the camera.

I also am wondering what you mean by "treeline" to me thats like skyline. are shooting like paul? sitting next to a tree or an actual treeline, or an actual skyline of trees? play with the aperture and exposure, use the flash on some, see what happens. Here is one I shot on a sunset with a tree, it created an nice silhouette (100 iso, no flash, tripod, 1/160)

sounds like you've made some attempts, so how about some examples? you can also post the exif data.

Quote:
BTW gsaenz......love the Jack/Queen pic

what Jack/queen pic?

now If you'll excuse me, Portugal just won against Iran, so I'm going to celebrate.

ReinMan

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

thbeghin wrote:
...hmmm...concerning the trees moving, remember of Macbeth (no! it's not beth using a Mac!), as the whitches said: there's nothing to worry about as long as the forest doesn't walk! Very Happy

One MUST be careful of WITCHES and Whiskey - they can lead to NASTY results when combined with Photoshop!

Thank heavens this isn't in MY backyard! (Paul - have you checked the locks on your patio door lately? ) Razz

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Take that! Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice work gsaenz, (how do you pronounce that?)

from a shot I took yesterday

gsaenz

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:25 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks.
how do you pronounce my screen name? well first of all, its the initial of my first name followed by my last name. Gabriel Saenz. Saenz it's in spanish. if you dont know spanish the closest your'll get is by saygin signs. like road signs.

thats funny reinman.

thats a nice shot of the sunset. I would have done it without the flash.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

has anyone seen this? Laughing
http://talkingasshole.cf.huffingtonpost.com/
Sorry nubie, I know were getting off track, but this song is now stuck in my head Crying or Very sad

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

sunset without flash Smile

Michel

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Can't you see there's an alien in the clouds?

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Methinks you drink just a wee too much...but I see it too...so what does THAT mean Shocked

ReinMan

Post Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay - more importantly (I feel) than the Alien amongst us, is the NUBIE who ISN'T!

WHere the HELL is NUBIE!? Shocked

He started all this!?

Time and (POTENTIAL) money have been expended here!!!

WHAT THE HELL!?

**stocks off to look for alien trees moving through the local parks**

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:38 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Very Happy Laughing Shocked Laughing Very Happy Shocked Laughing Very Happy Shocked No kidding Rein Man, I think he left town to get real advice Laughing

Michel

Post Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:16 am   Reply with quote         

Professor Rein, I think his question was just an excuse to sneak out of the class while you were busy talking.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - anyone a pro photographer??????????/ - Reply to topic