Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Another Newbie would like to say Hi! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Wiz

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Q. How do you post a P/S contest entry, I can't seem to find a radio button that says 'click me' to enter my image in such & such Contest? THNX in advance for showing me the Doh! key. LOL!

With that over, a little about myself, I live just North of Brisbane on a tiny Island called Bribie.
I've been photoshopping for 7 years now, and still learning;-)
My hobbies apart from P/S'ing, is Photography, Scuba Diving, Painting, Woodworking,sailing and enjoying good Queensland seafood. I've entered about a 100 or so images on the Worth 1000 Website under the same name of 'Wiz', should anyone care to view.

Now back to uploading images, I have one already to Debute with for the latest 'Bottle Group', so if I manage to upload, please be kind to a lowly newbie as you can, and not point out too many bad pixel mashups I might have made!

Looking forward to joining all you 'Deke McClelland's out there

Wiz Bow

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

You'll probably find most answers to your questions here:
http://photoshopcontest.com/faq/help.html

Once you're logged in, go to the contest and you'll see at the bottom of page where to upload your image. Make sure it's the correct size.

Good luck, you'll love PSC...put yourself on the Frapper map too (link located on home page).

Very Happy

Meaty

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome Wiz, as Eve said "you will love it here" theres quite a few members here who like photography also and i can share your woodwork enthusiam seeing as woodwork is my trade.

Do you own a camera, i have the canon 10d which is my pride and joy.
Look forward to seeing your work so lets see some chops Smile

Wiz

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
You'll probably find most answers to your questions here:
http://photoshopcontest.com/faq/help.html

Once you're logged in, go to the contest and you'll see at the bottom of page where to upload your image. Make sure it's the correct size.

Good luck, you'll love PSC...put yourself on the Frapper map too (link located on home page).

Very Happy

Question Exactly what do I look for down there, I've clicked everything in sight and nothing pops up and says Browse/Submit image/Send!!!

Yes I am logged in

Can you do a screen shot and highlight said button that is the one I am looking for and walk me through upload sequences.

This is worse than learning to ride a bike Rolling Eyes

Bear with me Hug

Wiz

Wiz

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Meaty wrote:
Welcome Wiz, as Eve said "you will love it here" theres quite a few members here who like photography also and i can share your woodwork enthusiam seeing as woodwork is my trade.

Doh! And I'll be doing this for awhile. LOL!

Nice to talk to a fellow 'Woodsmith' one thing carpentry does, it teaches patience, especially around things with sharp edges Wink
My cameras are a Ricoh Caplio G4 Wide DC, plus and old Minolta 35mm + 3 lenses (Remember Film!!!) Used to use it a lot till Dc's came along. Now it's just gathering dust, the old monster Confused

Well if between you and Eve can get me started on the download proccess I'd be most grateful, things were much simpler over at Worth 1000, but then it all comes with the neighbourhood...house rules and all Hmmm

Wiz

Wiz

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Meaty wrote:

Doh! And I'll be doing this for awhile. LOL!

Nice to talk to a fellow 'Woodsmith' one thing carpentry does, it teaches patience, especially around things with sharp edges Wink
My cameras are a Ricoh Caplio G4 Wide DC, plus and old Minolta 35mm + 3 lenses (Remember Film!!!) Used to use it a lot till Dc's came along. Now it's just gathering dust, the old monster Confused

Well if between you and Eve can get me started on the download proccess I'd be most grateful, things were much simpler over at Worth 1000, but then it all comes with the neighbourhood...house rules and all Hmmm

Wiz

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome wiz, that sounds funny! Go to the Old Bottle page and hit the browse button, at the bottom of the page, that should take you to your files, if your posting in worth 1000, it should be a snap Rolling Eyes anyway keep trying were all waiting Very Happy

Wiz

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
Welcome wiz, that sounds funny! Go to the Old Bottle page and hit the browse button, at the bottom of the page, that should take you to your files, if your posting in worth 1000, it should be a snap Rolling Eyes anyway keep trying were all waiting Very Happy

Doh! didn't scroll down low enough to see upload panel Doh!
Well it's not my best, but I just wanted to try 'Posting' something to see how it all works around here.
Had a lot of trouble with your size requirements, I'll have to format something for that so it's a contant 'History' setting. One thing Worth 1000 doesn't seem to worry about. But as you said it's getting very commercial over there and a lot of us just dropped out.

Anyhow give us a critique on my first attempt, I can take it Hmmm

Wiz

BroChris

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't get used to the size requirements too fast, they're changing soon. Everything is changing soon. Welcome to psc.
Wiz

Post Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

BroChris wrote:
Don't get used to the size requirements too fast, they're changing soon. Everything is changing soon. Welcome to psc.

Had to squish my avitar down to level 2 quality which made it almost a blotting paper postage stamp!

How long will the changes be in making, any idea?

This bandwidth prob is always a PITA for most websites...but shouldn't be if you're into
a P/S'ing Webpage.

Life's art, not Maths Argh

Wiz

blue_lurker

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello and welcome fellow Aussie, there are afew of us around the site and as you hang aboutin the forumes and the chat room you will get to know ya way around...any questions just ask. Welcome and enjoy the site. Cool

BroChris

Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Size changes for the chops are coming once the site's new layout comes. Check on the news link at the top for more info.

Solid first chop, Wiz. Looking forward to many more.
Wiz

Post Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:19 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Hello and welcome fellow Aussie, there are afew of us around the site and as you hang aboutin the forumes and the chat room you will get to know ya way around...any questions just ask. Welcome and enjoy the site. Cool

Oz is a big bit of real estate, are you up in God's Chosen State of Queensland near me, or slummin' down South in the Cold?

I'm on Bribie Island about 60 clicks North of Brisbane out in Morton Bay.
Good spot to harvest my favourite seafood...Crays!!!! Just luv 'em grilled in butter.

That's my other Luv, Scuba Shocked

DSAO

blue_lurker

Post Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:55 am   Reply with quote         

Naw mate Im on the Western side or our island...down south in the wine and hippy section...(Note..I do shower and I have a real job...), but I surf to much and eat all the wrong hings. I agree mate love crays and we get some sweet eatin ones around here as well.

bigbuck

Post Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:42 am   Reply with quote         

Welcome Wiz from another Queenslander. I'm about 600 clicks North of you. Hope you enjoy the place......now get choppin'.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - Another Newbie would like to say Hi! - Reply to topic