Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - rotating canvas - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Meaty

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

thats not what he wants. He knows how to do that.

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:59 pm   Reply with quote         

no something like this

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Well its the only way your going to successfully rotate the work piece without altering any of the layers or losing anything, thus making everypart of the work editable.

LOL grefix, thats exactly what i suggested, only you didnt make the back layer big enough, you couldnt edit the corners on yours because they are beyond your working window.

Wiz

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Grefix wrote:
Anyone know of a plugin or some easy possibility to rotate your canvas like you rotate a real paper when you're drawing something?

A bit like what's used in toonboom, I'm personaly very fond of that feature and I really miss this (or don't know it exists) in ps.

Top right hand column of the PS Toolbar
Just grab a corner and drag the M/F around and around, squish it,widen it, enlarge it!

It's much better than the 'Rotate Canvas' tool, except when you need to flip Horizontally or Vertically

HTH

Wiz

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:32 pm   Reply with quote         

*sigh*

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:38 pm   Reply with quote         

woot! woot! woot!

Quote:
Sources have also disclosed that Photoshop CS3 will include significant improvements to non-destructive image editing and that the software is prepped to receive a rather significant interface overhaul that will better organize tools and options. Tablet users will be pleased to learn that Photoshop CS3 will adopt a number of features Corel currently packs into Painter, including an easily rotatable canvas designed to mimic drawing on paper.Vanishing Point 2 will also improve Photoshop's perspective-based editing, introduced in CS2, by allowing objects to wrap around multiple surfaces, measure distances, and export to CAD applications. Photoshop CS3 will also deliver significant performance improvements to Camera Raw and include new measurement and scale tools.

from http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0508adobe.html
http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0603adobecreativesuite3.html (newer)

now I'll just have to wait untill photoshop cs3 is released... *sigh*

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I really wanted to show you somethiing in regards to rotating canvas's Sad but now it's gone, I had a link to an art site, and it was great, this artist's pictures, floated on something like a farris wheel, but in stead of going vertical, it was horizontal, and sort of like the scroll picture, your mouse controlled the speed by placement of right or left, anyway, the site will not come up, I believe it was valencia-art.com, but it now says "forbidden"

Also, I was told that the effect was from a program called "flash" Rolling Eyes I think Confused anyone know? flashvideo maybe?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - rotating canvas - Reply to topic