Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - how do you do this? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:50 am   Reply with quote         

kickass pic rey !

downward spiral

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:07 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

I did this quick. You can download the layered file here: http://www.box.net/public/xusvb9l52p
I hope it helps. I used liquify to bend the texture around certain shape of the face.
I also used the layer sliders.

It's not perfect. It needs to be wrapped better around the nose and some areas, but you'll get the idea......I think. Let me know if it helps at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by layer sliders but I think I see how you wrapped the texture with liquify. Liquify looks like something that will take some practice.
I learned masks today and I understand that you need to cut out from the mask to reveal the actual layer. One thing I can't figure out though is how you can see both the face and the woodgrain equally. How come when you removed that face section of your mask it still shows the face instead of just woodgrain? Theres something big here that I am not quite figuring out.
ReyRey

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:40 am   Reply with quote         

DS,

See on my reply the picture of the layer style

See where it says "blend mode" (under "general blending")? Play with that setting. If you set it to overlay, or hard light, or soft light or multiply or whatever you get different effects. Try them all. It's fun!

Caldera

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:55 am   Reply with quote         

I actually didn't use liquify once on that image. I did use a displacement map, and as rey said, many layers and blend modes and layer masks. As he mentions, play around with these modes and opacities and you can get amazing results. What helped me learn these techniques was ledirlo's tut on this site about blend modes, and then just practicing a lot.

ReyRey

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

Meaty

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

I think with that sort of image with alot of form to cover, the easiest and most succesful way would to use the displacement tool, if the shape was more simple then the liquidfy tool would prolly work just as well.

pilote.tardif

Post Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

this topic is really really usefull. thx evelyn for your tutos and everyone else.
i think i'll be close to master the displacement tool after passing trough this.
woot Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - how do you do this? - Reply to topic