Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Overlooked entries? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Goat1981

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Sometimes I feel strange about making a post like this, but on the 3rd day of this particular contest, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I wish that more people would wait and distribute their votes on all three days...or just vote on the last day so that posts like this (which, IMO is very good, especially for a first post!) won't get overlooked. I mean...30 views and 4 votes sucks.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/104005/votes.html

Give the non-advantage user a better chance of getting the votes they deserve.

Smile

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:54 pm   Reply with quote         

i agree!

Heinlein

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I am one that is guilty of using all my votes too soon Sad

You are right. There are many first time chops out there that do not get the votes they deserve.

For me, I am going to start being more conservative with my votes.

Thanks for the thread Smile

Jim

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I too am a guilty party. Embarassed I'll work on it.

BroChris

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:34 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm trying to get into the habit of not even going through the contest entries until morning of the third day. That way I'll see almost all of the entries (unless they post them later that day...). I rarely use all of my votes because I'm pretty picky, but that one will definately get my vote.
Sassy

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

I usually browse the first 3 days to see which I like and vote the 3rd night. Advantage is really the way to go....IMHO

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

This guilt I have not. Smile

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

i only judge my votes on views. i mean my good pieces have about 2-3 votes every 10 views in the competition, ok pieces have 1-2, etc. its a much fairer way to view them especially if its late posted.

nubie

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:55 pm   Reply with quote         

its not about the votes....is it????
sure that post kicks ass....agreed but ...I personally appreciate a comment just as much as a vote.....not saying dont vote for my post mind you ...just saying that comments are just as good...it makes me feel good when someone compliments my work..however rare that may be....and until votes equate to money or something who cares...just compliment the guys work...that should be enough......BTW i'll vote for it..i still have votes!

Goat1981

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the responses.

No, it's not about the votes. ...but he/she wasn't getting any views either. When I voted, it had 6 views (obviously just posted). 24 hours later, it had 30 views. I didn't ask anybody to vote. I just wanted people to be aware of good posts that may be entered late.

anfa

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:59 pm   Reply with quote         

I think telling the guy to post earlier would help! Wink

Wiz

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:34 am   Reply with quote         

and you'd like to upload it for one of the comps:-

http://static.flickr.com/98/224214060_01a58781ca_o.jpg

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

You are kind of right, but it was 30 votes and 4 views, which is pretty damn good for a first post Goat, Maybe PSC should make it that you can not vote for the entries until the second day, it would even the playing field for non-Advantage members, but then it wouldn't be an Advantage any more, HMMMMMM Rolling Eyes

ScionShade

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, looks to me that I see the same goup of people STILL in every contest with the
"Sorry-out votes" garbage...
That same group are all people worried about getting votes who blow every vote they have at the start of a contest hoping for reciprocals.
The "sorry" statements are just to develop good feelings with the not yet able to vote new members for after they hit their ten enties..at which time the vote traders will toss them a few bones.
It's the same people that the last ten of these very similar threads were about.
Now..that's a nice image....30 votes....30 votes is what that image was worth. 30 votes is good.
So, I'm a little bit confused---I mean...I just watched Relic O'boogie join this site and get snuffed with low votes on good images for weeks on end. I would have totally grasped that concept if someone started on thread on it.

GrampZ

Post Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Goat1981 wrote:
Give the non-advantage user a better chance of getting the votes they deserve.

Smile

Ummm..... getting Advantage would give non-advantage user a better chance of getting the votes they deserve.......

"Fun, Fair, PSC?!"

GrampZ

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Overlooked entries? - Reply to topic