Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Marx to be or not to be - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Marx Oppinion

11%

11%

[ 5 ]

Meh Hes ok

7%

7%

[ 3 ]

Indifferent

16%

16%

[ 7 ]

Meh he can be a bit of a twat

64%

64%

[ 27 ]

Total Votes: 42

Marx-Man

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Considered closed remove

ScionShade

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I think yer many many miles away from any sort of ban.
A lot of really great choppers started out on a bad footing.
Some enjoy staying there. Smile
Kudos for keeping the nic.

Marx-Man

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:57 pm   Reply with quote         

closed

samuelb

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:03 pm   Reply with quote         

You're like the black sheep of PSC. We don't hate you Wink
You're just being you and we 'll just have to live with that Laughing
At least we have something to talk about Very Happy

http://www.shmugle.com

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
yeah i dont plan one changing nick but if it gets too bad i might have to Sad

As I recall, another member who's name starts with Mar... came to this site and didn't have a great reception waiting for him. (Hmm wonder who that could be...?) Well, he stuck it out and is now one of the biggest contributors to the site.

Stick it out, bud. It'll improve! Definitely keep the name AND the attitude, It makes life more interesting.

But MOST importantly, CHOP SUMPTIN!

Sassy

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Yup CHOP..CHOP...CHOP!!

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:23 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
Either way I am sticking around until people like me or I get some kind of Ban. earn respect by chopping and giving advice.

Even if i have a lil bit of a shortish fuse

kinda already know some or mst of the answers

Twat. (Laughing) But I don't hate you. Smile

Bit of advice: don't "give" advice... share it... meaning make yourself open to receiveing advice, too. You might be surprised at what you'll learn if you accept that what you already know just might NOT be all there is TO know. Wink

ReyRey

Post Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Who?

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:30 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey, he's the one who knows everything about Photoshop. Exactly like Photoshopmaster! Laughing

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:28 am   Reply with quote         

yeah I am...I mean was a twat Very Happy

bigbuck

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:31 am   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
I am sticking around until people like me or I get some kind of Ban.

Wow! This just goes from bad to worse doesn't it?

I'll try and be as sincere and polite as I can here, but I fear you are just not getting it.....as this stuff has been said to you repeatedly in the forums.

Now I know I (and others) shouldn't really be responding to this thread....because we are just playing right into your hands. Clearly, you are quite young and you thrive on attention. Unfortunately, you seem to be getting all this attention for exactly the wrong reasons. The obvious strategy for dealing with attention-seekers is to ignore them. Certainly to ignore the bad behaviour, and then praise and encourage the good, but you haven't given the PSC members much to work with here.

Rather than quietly posting some good chops, you've shot your mouth off in the forums and alienated a lot of people. You've exacerbated this by continually biting back, insulting others and hijacking threads to post antagonistic/contentious remarks. This means that you are now in the awkward position of having your posts and chops heavily scrutinised by this group that you've alienated.

What should you have done? You should have arrived here quietly. Posted some nice chops. Accepted the praise/comments/constructive criticism with a humble 'thanks'. You would have been accepted and encouraged as all newcomers are here. You would have made friends and become part of the PSC community. Now go back and look at the quote at the top of this post. Doesn't really sound like someone wanting to join a community, does it?

What can you do from here? Gee, that's a tough one, because you really are in a bit of a pickle.
-Leave and come back with a new alias? Well that would probably give you a temporary reprieve....until you returned with the same attitude and maturity. I don't think it would take people long to figure out who you are.
-Antagonise and alienate people further with comments like the one at the top of this post? Hmmmm? That's not going to work is it?
-Leave the forums alone for a while and post some decent chops? Well even that's going to be difficult for you, because (at present) any entries with your name on them are going to receive few votes and much criticism.

Possibly, the anonymous contests might be a way for you to redeem yourself? Post some chops and get some of that 'good' attention based on your ability rather than your personality?

What you need to ask yourself is "do I really want to be part of this community or not?" Because you are not really behaving like someone who wants to be part of PSC. Again, go to the top of this post and read that quote.

It really is time to stop the attention-seeking nonsense Marx. There are people younger than you here that are valued members of this community. They successfully chop, share and participate in the forums at a far more mature level than you've shown. I can't see things getting any better for you here at PSC without a serious change of attitude on your behalf.

Unfortunately, the anonymity of the web makes it easy for people to behave in a way that would not be tolerated in a school, college, workplace or society in general. If you are passionate about your art, then it's time to participate at PSC as an adult......otherwise, if you enjoy the drama, attention and conflict you've created, then there must be other websites around that cater to your needs.

Enough said. This took quite a bit of time that I could have spent chopping.

Basically, it's time for you to 'pull your head in' or ...... find somewhere else to behave like a child.

Cheers.

bigbuck

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:51 am   Reply with quote         

....and furthermore, I'd ask other members here at PSC to think twice before replying anywhere to this guy.....and feeding his craving for attention. Lets give him some space so that he can quietly get on with his chops.

armogeden

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:56 am   Reply with quote         

i dont hate ya Very Happy your just the guy providing the entertainment right?

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:22 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Certainly to ignore the bad behaviour, and then praise and encourage the good
^
Oh I like this approach.
Yes. Just like I do it with my dogs. Positive reinforcement.

You know about this, but may I criticise? You still keep on judging Marx and make reproaches on him (which will not lead to what you want). To tell him his faults in detail won't make him a better user. I think this is not a good attempt to reinforce his good behavior (which he surely has, otherwise he just would go away and not post this poll). To reinforce wanted behavior you need to see where the wanted behavior starts an ends. And because you started this scientific issue, you have to complete your thought:
When I want to teach my dog to "sit" I can't blame him for not sitting. Do you beat your dog, because he doesn't sit although he can't even know what the hell you even want from him? You just tell him what an idiot he is and he looks at you, waiting for something he can react on.
So, you rather would wait until he sits by himself to give him a nice treat afterwards. He will try to get this treat again and as he understood the game and you will get more wanted behavior to reinforce.

OK? You have to wait until wanted behavior occurs naturally - and this takes time. A human beings brain works quite the same. But to really encourage and shape ones behavior you have to wait for the natural approach. And it won't work at all when the person has no alternative behavior in his repertoire. He learns that his behavior doesn't work and gets frustrated, because he doesn't know how to get some treats Wink. People are able to question and reflect themselves, they can change behavior by themaselves, but this needs a very good reason. Behavior has a function. And if you want to delete a behavior you have to change the base of the function (which can be a lot! mostly selfprotection).

So why don't you give Marx a chance to show some behavior you can reinforce at his own pace ... There's a saying which is "A Good thing takes a good while to grow". Show Marx he doesn't have to protect himself and the behavior will be deleted very soon... Wink

Sorry for my Grammar or bad expression. I will try to improve my English Embarassed . Hope you know what I mean...

Btw, I think the User Chicken is much more destructive.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Marx to be or not to be - Reply to topic