Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Storm in Western NY - Reply to topic

cherylm329

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

It has been 4 days now since I have had no electricity. I was actually going through withdrawals from PSC, haha. My area had gotten hit by a snow/slush storm and because the weight of the snow was so heavy, trees (mostly) have been up rooted and damaged causing widepspread power and cable outages. My area was hit the hardest and I have no idea when I will even get power or internet access back. It could be more than a week. Anyone else affected by the storm? How you holding up?

-Cheryl

Heinlein

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:11 am   Reply with quote         

I live in Rochester, and we lucked out.

I feel bad for you guys in Buffalo. Hopefully the electric will be back on soon.

I hope this a prelude on how this Winter is going to be.

Hang in there
Jim Smile

cherylm329

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

I hope so too, you don't realize how much you depend on electricity, let alone modern technology. The radio is the only form I have and still prevails over all, haha. I am trying to as much as possible, thanks! I anticipated having a bad winter here, but not to this magnitude Huh..

Heinlein wrote:
I live in Rochester, and we lucked out.

I feel bad for you guys in Buffalo. Hopefully the electric will be back on soon.

I hope this a prelude on how this Winter is going to be.

Hang in there
Jim Smile

seamusoisin

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm in Burlington Ontario which is not far from you an could not believe that you got hit so hard. When I lived in Montreal we had an ice storm that knocked out the power for weeks in some area. The good news is that without TV, internet and only a portable radio going you don't know how bad off you reaaly are.

In Montreal they had corner stores called [i]depanueurs[/i] which thankfully had generators so we had cold beer, wine and cigarettes. Vive le Quebec mentallity and the Quebecqers who had there priorities in the right place.

Take care there's always the Bills who are playing today thankfully in Detroit

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend
gravyboat

Post Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Sad Tough break Cheryl. I'm all the way over on Lake Champlain and it's sunny and 45 here right now, but I know how you feel. We get lake effect snow here too.( Not 2 feet at a time though.) The same ice-storm that seamusoisin talked about had us without power for 11 days. I hope yours is back soon. Very Happy
Gravy

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
cherylm329

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:49 am   Reply with quote         

Their are a few stores doing the same here Huh.. The Bills lost, so I guess that just adds to the already aggravated girl I am now, haha. I will be going without power for about that long (it looks like so far) Thanks for responding Smile

seamusoisin wrote:
I'm in Burlington Ontario which is not far from you an could not believe that you got hit so hard. When I lived in Montreal we had an ice storm that knocked out the power for weeks in some area. The good news is that without TV, internet and only a portable radio going you don't know how bad off you reaaly are.

In Montreal they had corner stores called depanueurs which thankfully had generators so we had cold beer, wine and cigarettes. Vive le Quebec mentallity and the Quebecqers who had there priorities in the right place.

Take care there's always the Bills who are playing today thankfully in Detroit

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

oh wow..hang in there..and I hope you get electricity soon!! I would be going through withdrawals from here , that's for sure Very Happy Very Happy

yello_piggy

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

no problem here - 20 degree celsius, sunny weather, after a warm september (recordholder ever!) follows an also warm october. Rolling Eyes no idea if this is good for manchild...

dumbat

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:05 am   Reply with quote         

i saw this on the news, amazing pictures

not much snow in sydney, but saturday it was 38C (100f) and then sunday it was 21C (70f)

hope you get your power back soon Cool

supak0ma

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

you guys should start putting your cables into the ground Wink

cherylm329

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:38 am   Reply with quote         

Oh believe me I am, I am jealous Razz

dfwsusan wrote:
oh wow..hang in there..and I hope you get electricity soon!! I would be going through withdrawals from here , that's for sure Very Happy Very Happy

Sassy

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Cheryl I feel for ya..to bad the leaves were still on the tree's it would have helped some..so much for autumn..

I am in Sunny Forida with the A/C Humming mid 80's but we were without power for 8 days and on generator during Hurricane Frances and Jeanne and etc....if the generator is a smooth runner you can plug computer into it and the sat dish,A/C,frig,tv etc.....

Good Luck to ya hope the rest of the WInter is better Smile

Post Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Hard to believe it's the same state...sunny and nice in NYC

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Storm in Western NY - Reply to topic