Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How To Turn On Police Car Lights - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:21 pm   Reply with quote         

armogeden wrote:
dfwsusan wrote:
digitalpharaoh wrote:
OK...This won't fail...
Drive as fast as you can down the freeway...occasionally running people off the road...bonus points for clipping pedestrians and bike riders...all while consuming massive amounts of illegal substances...

I think that would work!!!!

is there a prize for most points? Twisted Evil

YEP...10 years of 3 square meals a day...and a lot of...alone time. Laughing

By the way...Bikers are 15 points, little old ladies, 50.

gravyboat

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 pm   Reply with quote         

ledirlo wrote:
kick the door and start running it works

Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

put me down for 10 points!

Sassy

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Very complicated to do..we must send you to a sure bet for police Sirens...A few Celebrities perhaps...

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
Is this for an entry for this site? Just curious, I've noticed zero contest entries from you, but quite a few forum posts...... are we just being used to help you elsewhere?

Most people don't mind helping people here, but help is more generous when you are a participant in this site.

The lack of response makes me think his thought processes are now "OH shite! They're on to me! To the bat cave!" Laughing

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

indeed Very Happy

armogeden

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:30 pm   Reply with quote         

because all problems are solved by runing into the bat cave Very Happy

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Everyone should have a bat cave. Very Happy

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I can't live without my batcave...helps when the police lights are flashing!

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, here's a quick attempt (not great I might add)...

Here's the original: http://www.dmacc.edu/programs/criminaljustice/club/dodge-viper-police-car.jpg

This is what I did:
1) I created two duplicate layers of the car, so I've got my original layer and two dupes.
2) Changed the Hue/Saturation/Lightness (select colorize) of the first Dupe layer to give it a bright blue hue
3) Changed H/S/L of the second Dupe layer to give it a Red hue
4) Changed the H/S/L of the original layer to make it dark and give it a bit of a blue tint.
5) Put the original (now dark) layer on top of the dupe layers
6) Add a layer mask to the original layer and use a large feathered brush (set to black) to "erase" where the light would hit (on the ground, on the car, etc.). If the blue layer is on top of the red layer, then this will give you all blue lights.
7) Add a layer mask to your top dupe layer and "erase" to reveal the red layer
Cool Add a new layer on top of all your layers and add a few more highlights of the blue/red to give it more definition.

Still doesn't quite look like "real" lights, but not too bad for a 15 min job. Definitely would tweak it more to give it a realistic light look. Hey, I'm trying to be helpful! Unlike Others around here.... Mr. Green

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice one anzionite! I did one pretty close to the same, Just added a little more light and also a filter called movie prime. I think it's something new in CS2, works nicely on lights and stuff... Anyway I'm not good at explaining things, but it was fun turning the lights on and thought I would share... Smile

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

volkswes wrote:
Is this for an entry for this site? Just curious, I've noticed zero contest entries from you, but quite a few forum posts...... are we just being used to help you elsewhere?

Most people don't mind helping people here, but help is more generous when you are a participant in this site.

I understand your comment about giving instead of asking questions. I would be crushed against any contest on this site and I accept that. In the past I have come up with postings of categorizing tutorial sites to try to help out. That is how I can help.

In regards to the question, this is for myself. This is not for any contest on any site.

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
volkswes wrote:

The lack of response makes me think his thought processes are now "OH shite! They're on to me! To the bat cave!" Laughing

My lack of response? I posted it a few hours ago and have been in meetings, so there would be no quicker way to respond.

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
Ok, here's a quick attempt (not great I might add)...

Here's the original: http://www.dmacc.edu/programs/criminaljustice/club/dodge-viper-police-car.jpg

This is what I did:
1) I created two duplicate layers of the car, so I've got my original layer and two dupes.
2) Changed the Hue/Saturation/Lightness (select colorize) of the first Dupe layer to give it a bright blue hue
3) Changed H/S/L of the second Dupe layer to give it a Red hue
4) Changed the H/S/L of the original layer to make it dark and give it a bit of a blue tint.
5) Put the original (now dark) layer on top of the dupe layers
6) Add a layer mask to the original layer and use a large feathered brush (set to black) to "erase" where the light would hit (on the ground, on the car, etc.). If the blue layer is on top of the red layer, then this will give you all blue lights.
7) Add a layer mask to your top dupe layer and "erase" to reveal the red layer
Cool Add a new layer on top of all your layers and add a few more highlights of the blue/red to give it more definition.

Still doesn't quite look like "real" lights, but not too bad for a 15 min job. Definitely would tweak it more to give it a realistic light look. Hey, I'm trying to be helpful! Unlike Others around here.... Mr. Green

I am very thankful to your help to be able to make them look like flashing. Thank you again.

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

FIGHT!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How To Turn On Police Car Lights - Reply to topic