Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How To Turn On Police Car Lights - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

JeNyAwT wrote:
Nice one anzionite! I did one pretty close to the same, Just added a little more light and also a filter called movie prime. I think it's something new in CS2, works nicely on lights and stuff... Anyway I'm not good at explaining things, but it was fun turning the lights on and thought I would share... Smile

Very cool.

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Yep, JT.. Yours was cooool!
CS2 *mumble*grumble*...

btw, I set my top layer (blue) to "Lighten" blending mode and my bottom layer (red) to "Multiply" blending mode and I think the results look MUCH better...

Cool

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

JeNyAwT wrote:
Nice one anzionite! I did one pretty close to the same, Just added a little more light and also a filter called movie prime. I think it's something new in CS2, works nicely on lights and stuff... Anyway I'm not good at explaining things, but it was fun turning the lights on and thought I would share... Smile

Awesome! I was bored and put the 2 together (hope you don't mind). Wink

weeeooooweeeooowweeeoooo! Laughing

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Also, less seizure inducing...

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Thank you guys! Smile

I took the pic you already created and added a little more light to it, without the CS2 filter... I feel like it gives it a little life... I don't know, just my opinion really... I copyed both the red and blue lights and pasted them onto a new layer, then used the levels adjustment(ctrl L) and lightened until just before they started loosing their detail. Then I created a new layer (Crtl+Shift+N) and used my brush tool on white to add a bright light right where I felt the bulb should be... Then Selected the original(after creating a copy) set my lasso tool to about 20px outlined the two lights again and adjusted the levels again, giving the surrounding area more light...

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:08 pm   Reply with quote         

bsoholic wrote:
Also, less seizure inducing...

Laughing Laughing Amazing BS, you and your Gif magic!

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

JeNyAwT wrote:
Thank you guys! Smile

I took the pic you already created and added a little more light to it, without the CS2 filter... I feel like it gives it a little life... I don't know, just my opinion really... I copyed both the red and blue lights and pasted them onto a new layer, then used the levels adjustment(ctrl L) and lightened until just before they started loosing their detail. Then I created a new layer (Crtl+Shift+N) and used my brush tool on white to add a bright light right where I felt the bulb should be... Then Selected the original(after creating a copy) set my lasso tool to about 20px outlined the two lights again and adjusted the levels again, giving the surrounding area more light...

Hey JT that looks good! Great improvements..
BS -- ROFS (Rolling on the Floor Seizing) Laughing Argh Laughing Argh Laughing

jefflang007

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I just push the button. Simple.

http://www.langmark.com
Marx-Man

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:13 pm   Reply with quote         

google... police car
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2005/2005-Techart-911-Carrera-Police-Car-Porsche-FA-1024x768.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.seriouswheels.com/2005/2005-TechArt-Porsche-911-Carrera-Police-Car-FA-1024x768.htm&h=768&w=1024&sz=187&tbnid=Bq2oXcsmRUEjlM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpolice%2Bcar&start=3&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=3

is this what your looking for

heres the psd, open in imagreready
http://www.box.net/public/78k4juf68l

its pretty basic like 5 mins but easy to pull off

edit:
woke up and corrected the major mistake in it.and i posted up the psd as well hope it helps...

i used a circular marque and set a feather selection to 100 then copyed the background using the selection and pasted into the folder with each of the top lights and two smaller size ones fr the front lights... you'll see it on the psd,

there are alternative ways that give you more flexability for animated movement... but seeing as the cars not moving in this one so there was no need for it.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:52 pm   Reply with quote         

jefflang007 wrote:
I just push the button. Simple.

Jeff's a full board senior constable for the South Australian Police!!!

Congrats to you, sir!

btw...Nice 5 min. of work there, Marx-man! Very Happy

yello_piggy

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:48 am   Reply with quote         

radicalrom wrote:
I would be crushed against any contest on this site and I accept that.

CHICKEN! Wink

jefflang007

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:22 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:

so, patronising is your new angle Eve?

http://www.langmark.com
FootFungas

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:05 am   Reply with quote         

radicalrom wrote:
volkswes wrote:
Is this for an entry for this site? Just curious, I've noticed zero contest entries from you, but quite a few forum posts...... are we just being used to help you elsewhere?

Most people don't mind helping people here, but help is more generous when you are a participant in this site.

I understand your comment about giving instead of asking questions. I would be crushed against any contest on this site and I accept that. In the past I have come up with postings of categorizing tutorial sites to try to help out. That is how I can help.

In regards to the question, this is for myself. This is not for any contest on any site.

POST ANYWAYS!!!!

I started when I knew nothing about PS.

I stank up the place like a bloated groundhog at a jamboree!

It took me the better part of a year to get a third place image.

just CHOP!!!!!!!!!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

jefflang007 wrote:
Quote:

so, patronising is your new angle Eve?

Excuse me, sir, I'm all curves, no angles here. Razz

Post Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
radicalrom wrote:
volkswes wrote:
Is this for an entry for this site? Just curious, I've noticed zero contest entries from you, but quite a few forum posts...... are we just being used to help you elsewhere?

Most people don't mind helping people here, but help is more generous when you are a participant in this site.

I understand your comment about giving instead of asking questions. I would be crushed against any contest on this site and I accept that. In the past I have come up with postings of categorizing tutorial sites to try to help out. That is how I can help.

In regards to the question, this is for myself. This is not for any contest on any site.

POST ANYWAYS!!!!

I started when I knew nothing about PS.

I stank up the place like a bloated groundhog at a jamboree!

It took me the better part of a year to get a third place image.

just CHOP!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even have photoshop when I started here, I was doing chops using Adobe PhotoDeluxe hehehe Laughing ......no really, I'm serious Embarassed
Then someone was nice enough to give me Elements, and I didn't know what to think Laughing .....again, yes I'm serious Embarassed .......stop laughing

Then lucked up and got a copy of PS7, and that's where I am still stuck.....one of these days I'll fork out the cash for something new........maybe.

but anyway, back to the point....I had numerous posts with 0 votes when I started, that's what's great about this place, you show what you can do, and people can teach you how to do it better.

Don't be intimidated out of posting by the big pros around here....it hasn't ever stopped me. Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How To Turn On Police Car Lights - Reply to topic