Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Eve's Grumpy Thread... - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

blue_lurker

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Ya know this thread is just dying for some one to mention moon cycles and months and wimin livin together...(Insert picture of Lurker running away here)

ReyRey

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

fempie

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:

yes.. you dont have to worry

(read: nothing to whine about)

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:11 pm   Reply with quote         

*moon cycles and months*
THERE, it's been mentioned, Blurker.... Twisted Evil

But back to TOPIC...I just have a bad cold. SO, if you old-timers have some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to help newer members of the PSC community or have observed recent trends, please feel free to add to this thread.

Otherwise, keep your "midget monthly moon cyclists" to yourselves. Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

SORRY Confused

splodge

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Do my tutorials morons, and eve will stop having ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no need to say that word, start at the top, work your way down, you will know more than the average photochopper,
good for flash too,
http://www.hallcross.co.uk/free%20stuff/ps_tuts.html

Hallcross Toots
dunno

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:24 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge, she has it cold! not the ,,,,,,,,

or was it a cold?

Eve? did you try the ginger?

armogeden

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

fempie wrote:
Eve wrote:

I've been noticing a trend of sloppy chopping.

It doesnt matter how good you chop. I noticed that I can post a high quality chop, using all source blablabla and loose from low-quality chops. And yes... I am moody too! Spending hours on a chop to see how underrated it is. And yes... I am complaining. I am sick of that ridicilous friends voting or for whatever reason some chops get overrated!
I dont understand it anymore... seems quality is indeed not important anymore. CRAP!

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/107453/stormy-weather.html

on this entry i was gonna put some dramatic lighting, a lightning bolt or two etc. etc. to make it look good. in fact, how i pictured it is exactly how marco's "demon hour" came out. anyway, i got halfway through and gave up- i'm lazy like that Very Happy - and posted it anyway. i was expecting to get 20 votes as a push, probaably about 10, but i came 4th with 33 votes. i didnt even try for gawd's sake! everytime i do a chop that i slave away for hours over i never gets any votes, but when i do half a chop it comes 4th. arg it sucks! anyone else get this? yeah, i'm complaining, big whoop. wanna fight about it? Laughing

i digress, no 'friends' voted for me (like i have any out side of the digital world Rolling Eyes Laughing ) but it was overvoted in my view...

blue_lurker

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:28 pm   Reply with quote         

They tell me Lime Jello is good for a cold...Lime jello in a wading pool...yep thats what they say...lime jelloo, yep in a wading pool, thats the ticket...with a couple of midgets wreslin...yeah that should fix that cold...lime jello in a wading pool with midgets wreslin...yep.
(Insert duckin and weavin lurker here)

ScionShade

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

nothing against marco. I am shocked that he lost by only two with that chop. Stev's was exceptional and only won besause a couple of us ONLY voted for the one best pic in the contest.
Frankly...I am quite certain that if that chop were entered under my name it would have far less votes.
As far as ribbing marco on shadows and junk..rib the guy on "perspective" the rain drops collected on the mirror are literally six inches big.
And fempie is exactly right...a lot of you guys being buddy buddy and voting for eachother no matter what you post is really ruining the game for the rest of us.
Vote trading particularly amongst our group of everyday posters is once again completely out of control.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:37 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah, damn straight

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Armo, you're a very good chopper, and that chop got what it deserved.

Feeling the way I do, however, I'll be happy to start an overvoted post thread --j/k--I'll leave that to Showcase... Razz

Adam's been good enough to unlock his heavily guarded VSOP cognac (purely for medicinal purposes) as I'm not used to drinkin' THIS much freakin' tea!

Got the lime jello right here, Blurker...box says it comes with a midget...what's up with that? Must've gotten the Aussie brand... Rolling Eyes

pm'd ya Dunno re: ginger...you trying to KILL ME??? Hug

OK...carry on...

oregongal

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I appreciate this thread, especially bein' a newbie. I haven't done too well, as I'm just finding my way around. What I really appreciate besides the kudos is really honest, constructive critique. We all look at our chops, walk away, come back, look again, make some changes, and enter. But fresh eyes often see things we've just plain overlooked. I haven't made too many comments, again, so that I can get a feel for the site, but if they are encouraged, I will.

Aside from that, I am amazed at the terrific talent on this site, and am enjoying myself thoroughly. Thanks, all.

Very Happy

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:03 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
nothing against marco. I am shocked that he lost by only two with that chop. Stev's was exceptional and only won besause a couple of us ONLY voted for the one best pic in the contest.
Frankly...I am quite certain that if that chop were entered under my name it would have far less votes.
As far as ribbing marco on shadows and junk..rib the guy on "perspective" the rain drops collected on the mirror are literally six inches big.
And fempie is exactly right...a lot of you guys being buddy buddy and voting for eachother no matter what you post is really ruining the game for the rest of us.
Vote trading particularly amongst our group of everyday posters is once again completely out of control.

I know one who can help! Sword Of Truth... are you there? Razz

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:11 pm   Reply with quote         

say his name three times while looking in a mirror and he shall rise Twisted Evil

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Eve's Grumpy Thread... - Reply to topic