Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Please look at this comment - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

FootFungas

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:33 pm   Reply with quote         

I dont like vote whores!
even worse are people who vote for themselves.
I haven't gotten very many Pm's.
But I have gotten some.
Hows your wrist doing Mad

ScionShade

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Since i got married it doesn't hurt so much.
Thanks for asking.

armogeden

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:08 pm   Reply with quote         

guys take your video ranting somewhere else! this is an important thread where we talk about comets or commas or something Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn it people I siad way back when...and I said it in another thread but Im gunna say it one more time.....

Quote:
13 Feb 2005 03:40 am Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

Vote dont vote
Post dont post
Win dont win
Low or high quality
Friend or foe

Who cares, I joined this site a little over 5 months ago, back then I beleived I was the photoshop king of the internet, like sure.

I came here to interact with others that shared my desire to create/re-create using digital tools. Who cares if your image is of low or high quality if your doing the best you can at your skill level, then great for you. If someone beleives your entry is of low quality then be adult about it and dont vote or if you must prove your higher skills teach them how to do it properly.

I do not consider myself a great chopper or an average chopper, I just enjoy doing the work, yep like the rest it's nice to get the votes and to win some, (Btw have won 2 and the last was a supprise to me.) but when push comes to shove I enjoy the interaction here.

Now I dont know if Im in the friendly voters guild or not and I dont care, I vote for who I want to vote for and more often than not try to leave a comment of some sort. If I find something wrong with someones picture, so what we all make mistakes.

Why dont we all just chill out sit back and smell the digital roses....hang on...hey Rienman go get ya squeeeezebox and strike up a polka.

so Reindude we need ya NOW!!!

Synthvet

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

no matter who cheats, one thing always happens here, the best ideas, backed with hard work, are the ones that rise to the top, someone thinks Claudio cheated, I say Mikey's dragon, and Couch's duck were the only comp. to Claud's, work which was very good by the way, I voted for the 3 of them, if you want to cheat, to score a few more bogus votes, enjoy your little world, it must be small, if cheating is so bad here, please show me an example of a bogus win.

OK, I know that it's hard to imagine that this didn't win, anfa must have called all his friends to cheat on this one Laughing

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/104302/votes.html

Rey, this was stellar work Smile

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:45 am   Reply with quote         

Agree with that Paul, that is some sweet ass Rey work, saying that though I also liked Anf's freaky crazy mutated glove type hand webbed thing.

On the subject of cheating etc, I have been accused of it many times, and its always a international event when it happens. Which is great fun. Admittedly waaaay back when I was fresh and new here, a rather large and foolish error was made by myself. But that was a drunken assisted mess. No excuse but thats the way it was.

Since then certain members have super-glued their eyebrow in the perminently raised position towards me. Sometimes opening threads saying I PM people for votes, or apparently just vote for people to get their votes back.

This is followed by countless people jumping to my defence saying it is a pile of fish mongers ass, or things to that effect. Which is true. Initially I was shocked, but also probably deserved it for my early PSC disaster. But now I just take it as one of the things that happens here Laughing

But hey, thats my experience of the whole situation.

From a general point of view, I have never really understood why some members have aliases. I have also been on the wrong end of quite a few of these. If your going to attack someone, have the balls to do it under your own name.

Also it is pointless and damaging to the community to vote for yourself with an alias, or just get all ya mate to sign up, do 10 crud entries just so they can vote just for you also.

But like Dunno says, how do you stop this. Sure aliases can be spotted as long as they use the same computer/IP Addy. But there are ways round that. especialy if you have access to an open network.

In conclusion maybe IP records should be taken and anyone found out to be cheating should either be totally removed from the site, or given a very strict final and only warning. I should have been, and was suprised and grateful not to be ejected way back at the start of my PSC life.

But this community has actually taught me alot, and I do not mean PS skills, I mean friendship, trust, loyalty, and above all helping those that need help. I hope I come across like that, and I do indeed help when needed. Like alot of us do here.

This is definately for me one of the finest places on the web, and I am sure quite a few would agree. But cheating like anything can be a problem, and addressing it is a problem.

Ok I think I have rambled and tripped over my words for long enough.

Thanks for listening, take care of yourself, aaannnnnd each other Very Happy Wink

monkeytwig

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:43 am   Reply with quote         

Ah ha, explains why i always score so low Wink
So now all i need to do is get me some friends, follow some vote whoring classes and then i'm good to go...
any one got any recomendations?

marcoballistic

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:51 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing not exactly what I meant MT Laughing

ReinMan

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh.
This.
Is.
So.
Typical.

Rolling Eyes

Let's just call it like it is: it SUCKS to be here. But we come. Like an addict returning to the needle. Even though it is not too good for us. Twisted Evil

If you run a "competitive" site, you WILL get cheaters. This is not my opinion, it is HISTORY has gone on in most EVERY competitive system ever created.

Some of those cheaters will get caught and feel some shame and decide that their lives are nothing but a lie and change their ways. This is a good thing. But many many will actually believe that "winning" makes them "better" than everyone else... and they'll just come up with better excuses as to why they have to cheat.

Ho Hum.

Final point: this site has SOOOOOOO many members now that we also have a LOT more people who feel the need to cheat, people who actually think ANY of this here at PSC really matters in the great SCHEME of things.

The biggest feeling I have around this situation is sadness. Sad

patim

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

I can only say:

Cheating here on PSC is cheating yourself. If you think that you are a better chopper by whoring in the votes....well be happy.

I can honestly say that I do not whore for votes...and do not get that many votes (at least not as many as I expect). But I cherish the votes I get, as they have looked upon my work and found it worth mentioning something.

So if it is true what Scion says, well that's a pitty, but most of al for the cheaters themselves.

mikey

Post Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I say we use water boarding to find out who are the aliases!
It's a no brainer" Laughing

arcaico

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:40 am   Reply with quote         

badcop wrote:
Yes, maybe he has one or two friends who exchange votes, but nobody gets on Arc and Hellraiser's back for this.

Oh, puh-leaaaase.... ya saying I friendly vote for my brother for him to win??? Would I let him 3rd in this contest if I only voted for him? http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1848/dodge-viper.html?o=votes My vote for the 2nd place let him in third... and if ya check, I voted for the first too... AND IT WAS ANONYMOUS!!! I voted for the entries I liked... We don't even know when each other post anymore, since I don't live with him anymore...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

marcoballistic

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:02 am   Reply with quote         

brother or not, Arc and Hell always do top notch work, so calling it a whore vote is in my opinion a bit stupid

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:48 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
brother or not, Arc and Hell always do top notch work, so calling it a whore vote is in my opinion a bit stupid

It would be a bit stupid and that's why I never referred to these as "whore votes". I think you're missing my point...

True vote whoring would be something like going on a mass late-night email campaign about your upcoming post.

Or, say, literally buying someone's vote for the next year.

However, there's nothing wrong with Arc and Hellraiser voting for each other.
As brothers, it would be odd if they didn't vote for each other. Their work just happens to be consistently good and the votes are deserved.
If Nifft exchanges votes with a friend, who cares? It's only natural.

I'd concentrate on the more significant efforts that some people put out to obtain votes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Please look at this comment - Reply to topic