Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - My monitor is OK now... my Beach Toes PSD file - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

...I'm downloading your file at a whapping 9.2kb/sec; Only 45mins to go...

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Well it finally downloaded and I must say. It sucks. That is the worst piece of crap I have ever seen. You wouldn't know a good image if it bit.............Oh shit, Shocked Embarassed Nevermind Argh I was looking at my last entry. Your file was very impressive. Very clean and professional.
Very clean brush work. It makes it even more clear that you were robbed of votes!!! Man, that makes me nuts!!!! I can't believe you did not even make the top three. That's just crazy!! Evil or Very Mad
Oh well. Huh.. Great job.

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

JeNyAwT wrote:
...I'm downloading your file at a whapping 9.2kb/sec; Only 45mins to go...

Holy Sh*t! It's very slow!
Welcome to rapiduploadf*#@inslowdownload.com! Laughing

I thought it was good to see the large file... I didn't feel to reduced it. Anyway... sorry for that! Embarassed

TheShaman

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Shocked meh Claf, took me all of 5minutes to download...

helps that I have a T1 line though Laughing

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Your file was very impressive. Very clean and professional.
Very clean brush work. It makes it even more clear that you were robbed of votes!!! Man, that makes me nuts!!!! I can't believe you did not even make the top three. That's just crazy!! Evil or Very Mad
Oh well. Huh.. Great job.

Thanks RR!
Mmmm... robbed of votes!? I think I posted the 50th entry in that contest. I posted it 2 hours before the contest started. I just think a lot of members mostly pay attention to the first 24 or 36 entries, maybe thinking that after that it's only crap. It looks it's getting worse when it's an anonymous contest... dont know why!?!
But I also understand that my chop is basically nice execution but nothing special about the concept. There was better ideas than mine.
Smile

FootFungas

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I guess I shouldn't even attempt downloading it with dial-up.

gravyboat

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:

Thanks RR!
Mmmm... robbed of votes!? I think I posted the 50th entry in that contest. I posted it 2 hours before the contest started. I just think a lot of members mostly pay attention to the first 24 or 36 entries, maybe thinking that after that it's only crap. It looks it's getting worse when it's an anonymous contest... dont know why!?!
But I also understand that my chop is basically nice execution but nothing special about the concept. There was better idea than mine.
Smile

Exactly why I wait til the last day to vote. (When I vote that is.... Embarassed )

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:56 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
I guess I shouldn't even attempt downloading it with dial-up.

O.K. FF!
I made a small file (6.6 MB) ... better with the big one (maybe you can download it during the night Laughing ) but better than nothing:
http://www2.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=17818
Wink

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
I thought it was good to see the large file... I didn't feel to reduced it. Anyway... sorry for that! Embarassed

Laughing Laughing It didn't take as long as it said, maybe only 20 mins. It was well worth the wait, excellent chop.

I do agree that most voters only view the first 20 or 30 chops. I always post late... If my chops didn't suck I would say that's why I never win, but they suck so I can't use that as an excuse Confused

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

huh? wha?!? oh....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Moral of the story? http://www.box.net maybe? Or http://www.psd-host.com/ ?

Anyway I can't wait to see the PSD. I was playing with chrome/metal effects back at the Green Clover contest but never got it to look right.

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:28 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm just surprised on how neat and tidy your layers are....all neatly labeled, stored in appropriate folders.... my PSD's are usually messy, unlabeled....yeesh! Laughing Wink

patim

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:

Thanks RR!
But I also understand that my chop is basically nice execution but nothing special about the concept. There was better ideas than mine.
Smile

I think it is not fair to say. I saw that there was a lot of voting going on at the last day. no offense, your entry is excelent (I think I voted for it as well), but it is excelent work, but not conceptual as you well said.

I think that in anonymous voting, that people just pay attention to the chop and not to whom made it, which in my opinion is more fair. I like that. I got even more votes than expected (maybe even more than deserved), but it couldn't have been because they know I made it. bla,bla,bla..... etc. etc.

Nevertheless, impressive .psd. WOW, you know your way around PS. Only took me 10 minutes to down it Smile

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:15 pm   Reply with quote         

patim wrote:
Claf wrote:

Thanks RR!
Smile

I think it is not fair to say. I saw that there was a lot of voting going on at the last day. no offense, your entry is excelent (I think I voted for it as well), but it is excelent work, but not conceptual as you well said.

I think that in anonymous voting, that people just pay attention to the chop and not to whom made it, which in my opinion is more fair. I like that. I got even more votes than expected (maybe even more than deserved), but it couldn't have been because they know I made it. bla,bla,bla..... etc. etc.

Nevertheless, impressive .psd. WOW, you know your way around PS. Only took me 10 minutes to down it Smile

Actually I think that because of the number of entries and because they are annonymous people are only looking for a good looking thumbnail. If they are not entrigued by the thumbnail. They are not going to bother to open it. When it is not annonymous people see that it is a chop from Claf. They think to themselves, "I should check this a little closer. Claf always does amazing work and I should see the work that went into this image." People don't look any further anymore. It has become "idea contest" not "Photoshop Contest" anymore. It seems to sway though. It will be about skills again (next month) and not ideas. A good mix of both is what I look for. Wink

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:52 pm   Reply with quote         

patim wrote:

I didn't say everybody pay only attention to the first 24 or 36 entries but a lot of members doing it... maybe only few... 20 - 30... who knows. Look at the 2 ReyRey's entries:
Cozy Outgrown Pajamas: 79 votes, 641 views, posted 11th.
The pool: 49 votes, 317 views, posted 51st.
How can we explain that? In my opinion, The pool is a better chop technically than his other one. About the concepts, the 2 entries are very good. How can leif's entry "Swimmin' (a very good chop for sure & posted 13th) can have 71 votes and ReyRey's "The pool" only 49 votes... for a better chop?

I agree that an anonymous contest is more fair, I also dont like to see overvoted entries, but I think in an ordinary contest, it looks like more members can pay attention to a nice chop when they can remark that entry lately go up to the first page.

Anyway... if I really take votes very seriously, I only have to post my entry earlier! Laughing

Hey! Thanks for your comment! Smile

ScionShade

Post Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:36 pm   Reply with quote         

For goodness sakes, it finished in seventh place.
It's a great chop.Seventh is a good finish.A pretty fair finish,
not exactly the order I'd choose but close enough for not winning anyway.
Be happy. Smile
------------------------------------------
BTW, it DL'd for me in under 30 seconds.
Nice PSD, but I don't think i could learn your metal work just from it,and it is terrific metal work.
Mind if I ask which specific tool you used to draw you're lines?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - My monitor is OK now... my Beach Toes PSD file - Reply to topic