Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Mac or PC? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nog

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Macs run at 72dpi but PCs run at 90dpi. This is why macs will always look better and be the choice of most designers.
nog

Granulated

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:58 pm   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Granulated wrote:
cherylm329 wrote:
Which one is better to perform your tasks and for printing in graphic arts???

Pc..dual booting OS's
Wouldn't recommend it for anything I planned on keeping. Nothing screws up windows faster than a dual boot with linux. Especially if grub goes to sh*t! You might be able to get linux up but windows is a distant memory!

*interesting fact*

linux will run on just about any file system...even fat32. Windows will not recognise any partition other than a windows partition.

nah..dual boot Windows + Leopard

janetdog

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
nah..dual boot Windows + Leopard

Heh, My mozilla based epiphany browser crashed at the apple leopard preview site. Three times... It is normally very stable and reliable. Oddly enough, apple media usually runs better than windows stuff in debian.

I'm surprised I couldn't find anything specific about os compatability. It seemed like windows will run on the new 64 intel macs. Will leopard run on a 64 intel pc? How about a 32 intel?

Marx-Man

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:41 am   Reply with quote         

a Personal computer can support linux and windows where as a mac usually is limited to a mac os

which would you prefer

ctrl +alt +delete
or
Apple + alt + escape

Hour glass of infinity
or
beach ball of doom

Worms viruses and password hacking devices (which in all fair-ness when have you known a picture file to be called exe instead of jpeg, tiff etc)
or
loss of root admin controls (which in all fair-ness you shouldn't use your name for a password)

its a toss up

they both have advantages for instance macs are generally considered industry standard because they got there first and they are now everywhere a graphics suit is...

Pcs are usually considered the gamers choice because more games can be played on a pc.

macs plug and play options are superiour to that of windows and linux but then again the customisation options on a windows machine and constant updates level the playing feild

Mac = replace the mac or send off for pricey repairs
Pc = replace the part of the pc that went wrong with a new one

Kansas

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:51 am   Reply with quote         

I have a MAC!!! I've only ever had a Mac. Mac's have changed my life! love them and wouldn't want it anyother way..

I will probably get the new one soon.. It's a MAC and PC in one!

So there you have it! The best of both world...

Wink

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:12 am   Reply with quote         

How well does mac handle the stupid stuff? For instance, Streaming avi and wmv files. mp3's. flash and shockwave? So far, That's about the only thing negative about debian. I hate getting the pop-up saying my flash 7(highest version available)
Will not work and that I need to upgrade to view content. Or even better, java not installed or detected...

Will a mac even handle mp3's? I know sony pc's will not burn copyright mp3's. The protection is hardware based so, even a sony burner in a generic box with windows will not burn!

blue_lurker

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:19 am   Reply with quote         

I use a PC but I still use this old sweety from the way back machine...its great for video work and storage...I shit you not

mrchili

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:19 am   Reply with quote         

Mac, no one else... Very Happy

supak0ma

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:31 am   Reply with quote         

macs got good with unix. nuff said..

supak0ma

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:33 am   Reply with quote         

ah, yeah, and with pc hardware...intel anyone? basically its a pc with a dressed up unix and a fancy casing. Way overpriced.

janetdog

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:56 am   Reply with quote         

This message is being posted on my amd k6 250mhz firewall...My amd 2500 killed another power supply a few hours ago. Second one in three years. I posted earlier that my browser crashed three times. Now I know why! I'm currently praying my harddrive is ok.

So, What's this about apple? You say they work really well?

Marx-Man

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

apples really go wrong ya just eat em when their ripe... ops wrong convo

Rolling Eyes

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I've had a Mac and a PC. I will always go with the PC.

How many times do you come across a download site and find the words "PC Version Coming Soon"...never.

nubie

Post Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I have only ever used pc ......the staunch mac users who tell tales about doom and gloom about pcs crashing, files vanishing into thin air, hanging on the phone with tech support. worms & viruses......I have never experianced this EVER?
Yes I will admit that from time to time if I have many thing going at once the pc can hang but this is only because I didnt realise how many programs I had opened but minimised. I do think Mac has brand recognition though...smart of them to dig into the school systems....get em young....but the pc market is taking a bite out of that apple (pun intended). I predict that "Intel" will take over both hardware markets in the future with there own computing device.....any wagerers out there????.( microsoft and IBM will bow to the new master!!!)
ok maybe too much weed today!!!!

cherylm329

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:23 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:

VS

Rolling Eyes Hmmmmm

I'm confused, which is which, lol Razz

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Mac or PC? - Reply to topic